SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

• Moles
1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

character is a better description yes. If I get a parcel next to the train tracks then is mostly likely going to end up with a lot of character

(I chose this recording because Dr John is one of my all-time favourite singers and I love this funky, bluesy version of the Duke Ellington classic).

• Like 8

I'm looking at all the waterways through camperzone ... the twisty paths ... the tracks ...

listening to Dr. John

and I'm hoping Garden Mole is stocking up on spanish moss, cattails and darlingtonia, because it's all beginning to have a Louisiana vibe to me!

Oh yaaaas!

Bayou would be the only thang that would make me want a camper, y'all

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Can't wait to visit the camper areas when this is released!! I don't want a trailer (too small for me) but I'm guessing the landscaping will be beautiful and I'm really looking forward to spending time exploring there.

I agree. I like to drive the roads of Bellisseria, it's fund to explore that way and I plan to do the same from my trailer. I'm just wondering (and hopeful) they will connect the trailer roads in a couple areas to the main roads. Because every trailer will have access to a road (would be silly if not) and I can pull out from my camp site and go exploring the entire continent and then drive back home again.

OH! I should ask @Patch Linden to PLEASE make at least one connection from trailer road to suburban road, PRETTY PLEASE (With fudge and cherry on top, honest)!?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I agree. I like to drive the roads of Bellisseria, it's fund to explore that way and I plan to do the same from my trailer. I'm just wondering (and hopeful) they will connect the trailer roads in a couple areas to the main roads. Because every trailer will have access to a road (would be silly if not) and I can pull out from my camp site and go exploring the entire continent and then drive back home again.

OH! I should ask @Patch Linden to PLEASE make at least one connection from trailer road to suburban road, PRETTY PLEASE (With fudge and cherry on top, honest)!?

Porthole has a road, currently ending at a rock and the end of the world, but will obviously go South / Southeast:

image.png.3577795971ea72bc1b6f95db42fb5e74.png

In looking at the same area in SSP, the sim below Porthole is SSP281 and, unless they completely block the trailers off with mountains, the road should be able to connect up with something in either SSP280 or SSP297:

image.thumb.png.0d76ae2d99631659f0c41a7a4cb733a6.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In looking at the same area in SSP, the sim below Porthole is SSP281 and, unless they completely block the trailers off with mountains, the road should be able to connect up with something in either SSP280 or SSP297:

This will be awesome if it comes to pass. I nagged @Patch Linden from the very beginning for SLRR tracks and I'm gonna claim credit (No, this was NOT planned two or three or five years ago already, it was my nagging! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ~snorts~) - so if this doesn't turn out then I'll nag him about it again and again and again and again and... you get the idea!

Hahahaha!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 9

21 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I have to comment: WTF is with the funky Windlight settings someone keeps putting the Fairgrounds region on? It really breaks immersion and, well... Do. Not. Like.

I think it might have to do with Moles beta-testing EEP stuffs. I know when I ride Henry through some of the newer regions, or the ones still being worked on, the WL changes between parcels. 

11 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I think it might have to do with Moles beta-testing EEP stuffs. I know when I ride Henry through some of the newer regions, or the ones still being worked on, the WL changes between parcels. 

Yes, it's when passing through and no matter the "smoothness" of the dissolve in changing, it's still rather... alerting... or "startling" (immersion-wise). At least it's not switching to night time when everything else is day time like it was LOL

• Like 1

Latest developments - 9th September 

• Looks like the south tracks have been removed. Maybe the moles have had a rethink because of the expansion
  • In SSP296 looks like the tracks will have water either side of it
  • The latest new addition of new trailers/campers in SSP310 & SSP311 and SSP312

Just thought it's going to be pretty tight in some places to get a boat though. 

Trailers - 9th September.JPG

9th September.JPG

Train.JPG.e75f1461c0c30859043f83f44645d842.JPG

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Maybe the moles have had a rethink because of the expansion

I am thinking this also - perhaps making it larger than originally thought of (I sure hope it doesn't make the wait much longer!). Though I am constantly peeking in on those (and have many "hope-to-get-that-spot" choices, I've been keeping a very, very close eye on SSP100 - I suspect they will flesh out the southern area first before returning to that northern section and SSP100 is already marked-up to be worked on

I am thinking when they complete the southern area then they will begin on that region. Perhaps that's when they will pull the release trigger (to release the southern area first.). Obviously I could be wrong (and not gonna take that chance, still doing the refresh thing even now) - then build the northern as a second "wave", or ongoing work as they have been with the Traditional and Houseboats, etc.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Looks like the south tracks have been removed. Maybe the moles have had a rethink because of the expansion

The tracks on the west side now continue down through 309 and look to be turning south into 325. My guess is that the entire boot will hold campers/trailers and that the tracks will meander "roughly" near the outer edge south towards the mountains, then east to the boot toe, then north, and eventually back west to meet up with the track that is currently hanging in 297.

20 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Going through 312 and 313 it looks like. 

image.png.1dbc85fbaf36ba7f3fa607cef113e454.png

Are those train tracks or just bridges connecting the tiny islands?  The path looks a bit different than the other tracks look. 

A look at a larger area, there are similar paths connecting other land masses, so I think they are just bridges:

image.thumb.png.5448d59a2417d0eae667ee0e8ab9188d.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 3