SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

24 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Those of you who were around for the previous big releases: was there a pause after they copied the regions over, so folks could wander (or at least cam) through?  If so, how long?

Or did they show up the same day as the release?

The first release appaered overnight and was just THERE ... then announced and a 48 hours rush began.

The Squishy Pickle was transported to here and then blocked - you could not enter those regions while the moles were testing making last checkups ... then it was announced and released at the same time and the rush began - SHORT rush - minutes?

While they were checking the Squishy Pickle people were gathering all around it and caming in ... took some funny photos

32906135687_7ffbb1abe3_b.jpg
Watching_Houseboats by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Personally I would want a parcel WITHOUT the "free clutter". One reason I ended up on my second plot assignment.  I am happy to add my own (themed) clutter LOL.   But we'll see.    I am thinking that they might last longer than fifteen minutes, but will be interesting to see how things turn out.   

I wasn't thinking that the actual parcels would have any of the campfire / sitting areas on them, though they might include some of those items in the "home pack" in case someone wanted to rez them on their land. I was just figuring that rather than the types of sitting areas that we've seen scattered around the homes, the ones by the campers will be more woodsy/camping style -- campfires w/ logs, etc...

• Like 2

Personally, I think that if you're planning to abandon something to free up tier to get one or more campers, you should do it soon.  If Leora's remembering right, then for the two previous big releases, there wasn't much warning after they moved the new regions into place.  And Patch is doing everything but clubbing us all over the heads a nautch dance to convey that it's coming soon.

So, yeah, it's coming like a steam locomotive.

If we get the Trad and houseboat abandons out of the way, it'll be that much less stress on the servers, and resident chagrin, during camper release time.

Edited by Nika Talaj
would rather see a nautch dance
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Those of you who were around for the previous big releases: was there a pause after they copied the regions over, so folks could wander (or at least cam) through?  If so, how long?

Or did they show up the same day as the release?

There was an insane mob lined up on the western side of the Squishy Pickle watching that.  I'm pretty sure the first picture of the area after it was brought over,  was posted on May 13th and they released mid-morning - I think - on the 15th.  So roughly 2 days to finish all testing and do the final prep for the release, after bring the regions over to the their final location.  They've had a lot more practice now with all of the final steps needed for release, so that 2 days might easily be able to be dropped down to one.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I pulled up the Squishy Pickle area and then the SSP Camper/Trailer area.  I didn't change the map scale between the two pictures.  While the current SSP build-out of the Camper/Trailer area is smaller than the Squishy pickle, I can't really tell if the actual number of units is more, less, or roughly the same.  I don't remember the exact amount of time, but I think the Squishy Pickle (which was 710 houseboats, give or take one or two) was totally taken in less than 15 minutes.  Thus the campers are very likely to go that fast or faster.

image.thumb.png.c1b6ac5ce5ae73f19bfac07d76de8eaf.png

image.thumb.png.1d665e4a5d8c99b20a37694dd7a1b3cf.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looking back through this thread, it looks like there was a massive scheduled(?) maintenance on May 13, the grid was basically down and there were website outages as well. 

By May 14th the squishy pickle had arrived and Patch announced release within 24 hours, and release happened around noonish May 15th.  As you say, even though they released the boats in waves, all were snatched up within minutes.  Tho some folks (with several alts queued up on different browsers) managed to grab and release boats very quickly, to end up with a parcel they liked.

In looking back through these posts, I noticed a reference to Patch using his "8 ball" in May to pick a release time.   He was juggling it again in the pic he posted on Sep 5th.

^^

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I pulled up the Squishy Pickle area and then the SSP Camper/Trailer area.  I didn't change the map scale between the two pictures.  While the current SSP build-out of the Camper/Trailer area is smaller than the Squishy pickle, I can't really tell if the actual number of units is more, less, or roughly the same.  I don't remember the exact amount of time, but I think the Squishy Pickle (which was 710 houseboats, give or take one or two) was totally taken in less than 15 minutes.  Thus the campers are very likely to go that fast or faster.

image.thumb.png.c1b6ac5ce5ae73f19bfac07d76de8eaf.png

image.thumb.png.1d665e4a5d8c99b20a37694dd7a1b3cf.png

One good thing about having a blog is that you have all the info archived.  From  May 17th.

By now some of you know that Wednesday was "the day" for the 709 houseboat release at Bellisseria. Those of us that take part in the endless forum conversations were ready for the "feeding frenzy" (not my term but an apt one) that began around 10 am.

There had been some warning the day before as Patch Linden posted the 24 hour or so estimate for the conclusion of a month's work by Moles -- and Patch of course. 

Within 27 minutes all houseboats were taken.

I actually remembered all that but there it is in print.   I did a quick calculation estimate in the trailers -- counting a few and then taking an average and then multiplying by the number of regions. My notepad still on my desk has the number at 572. This could be a far ways off but it looks like a smaller release than the atoll. Also there were TONS of folks wanting those houseboats and not so many with the trailers (for one reason or another).   So I don't think they will go as fast unless those in Bellisseria who "must" have one of everything get their alts in there :D.

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Looking back through this thread, it looks like there was a massive scheduled(?) maintenance on May 13, the grid was basically down and there were website outages as well. 

By May 14th the squishy pickle had arrived and Patch announced release within 24 hours, and release happened around noonish May 15th.  As you say, even though they released the boats in waves, all were snatched up within minutes.  Tho some folks (with several alts queued up on different browsers) managed to grab and release boats very quickly, to end up with a parcel they liked.

In looking back through these posts, I noticed a reference to Patch using his "8 ball" in May to pick a release time.   He was juggling it again in the pic he posted on Sep 5th.

^^

Per the bolded comment, they didn't release in waves really.  The whole thing opened up at once.  Some were speculating that the regions were getting assigned in a sort of top to bottom method, but I abandoned one way far south super early in the timeframe and then ended up settling on one way up top.   And Chic reminded us that it was 27 minutes for the whole batch to get nabbed.

Even though lots of people come here looking for a house or houseboat, and we have not seen lots of screaming for the Campers and Trailers, I still think they are going to go fairly quickly.  Maybe not as fast as the Squishy Pickle houseboat release, but I wouldn't be surprised to find them all gone in less than half a day - maybe much less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Per the bolded comment, they didn't release in waves really.  The whole thing opened up at once.  Some were speculating that the regions were getting assigned in a sort of top to bottom method, but I abandoned one way far south super early in the timeframe and then ended up settling on one way up top.   And Chic reminded us that it was 27 minutes for the whole batch to get nabbed.

Even though lots of people come here looking for a house or houseboat, and we have not seen lots of screaming for the Campers and Trailers, I still think they are going to go fairly quickly.  Maybe not as fast as the Squishy Pickle houseboat release, but I wouldn't be surprised to find them all gone in less than half a day - maybe much less.

Not that it really matter, but I had the map up, and saw green dots fill up the regions one by one, not random. I was in the hunt for the perfect spot, and abandoned all the 5 boats I got, within minutes. It could have been one of those. I only wanted a boat there if I could get one on the edge, not in the middle of the Pickle.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Not that it really matter, but I had the map up, and saw green dots fill up the regions one by one, not random. I was in the hunt for the perfect spot, and abandoned all the 5 boats I got, within minutes. It could have been one of those. I only wanted a boat there if I could get one on the edge, not in the middle of the Pickle.

Yeah, that is what a few people said, but I had a place way south right away..........  so who knows.

• Like 1

• Moles
19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There was an insane mob lined up on the western side of the Squishy Pickle watching that. 

As I recall, several of us from LDPW were standing on the opposite bank of the channel, on the Squishy Pickle, looking at the solid row of green dots on map on the Bellissaria side, and Patch commented it was like standing outside Winterfell waiting for the White Walkers to arrive.

So of course we ended up with one of the Lindens flying up and down the region on a fire-breathing dragon yelling "Dracarys !"  as hard as she could.

I love this job.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 4
  • Haha 10

Ooooh, a sprinkle of Campers in SSP85!

Screen+Shot+2019-09-16+at+8.29.04+AM.png

And the picture of Patch at Campwich Station is Awesome! The neat thing about the Southern Campsites is there are so many "That one! And that one! And that one, too!".  Practically all of them look like wonderful spots and not as land-locked as many Tradition houses, meaning the views will all be amazing.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

Just now, Nika Talaj said:

Trailers dropped!  Campwich lodge:

1620406772_CampwichLodge_001.thumb.png.b359bd97911372ae8ea52295f19f78b6.png

Campers on 512 lots, 175 LI.  Red frames above all regions.  Limevale being updated now.  DO NOT FLOOD NEW REGIONS

Look at that landscaping... dammit I was trying NOT to get a camper because I like my house prims... *shakes fist* Damn you LDPW! 

😲❤️

• Haha 2

Yeah, gonna have to "camp" across so I can watch now LOL

Okay, so not placed fire pits and things, Hopefully they are included in a boxed kit as was suggested before! Because my old camper stuff is... old. As in primly!  LOL

Wow, what a sight to see!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

They letting us in to look around!  :D That Lodge is AMAZING. And I was right - the picture of @Patch Linden with the waterfall behind him was at the Lodge! (Yes, I'm stalking you now.)

Good Morning Coffee!

Snapshot_001

Hahaha! I'm on his trail...

And the rope in the background is a Zip Line! Wear swimsuit, it drops you in the water! Hahaha, this place is going to be so much fun!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

They letting us in to look around!  :D That Lodge is AMAZING. And I was right - the picture of @Patch Linden with the waterfall behind him was at the Lodge! (Yes, I'm stalking you now.)

Good Morning Coffee!

@Alyona Su; so is that a zipline shown in the left hand side background of the picture there? As much as I'd love to log in to explore I'll wait and be amazed when it's officially released; just curious. :) 

• Like 1