SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

10 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

New developments in SSP277 and a pink shape thing on the west side in SSP260 😂

28th August Update.JPG

Umm... are all those trailers?? If so I hope they are busting butt to do a release tomorrow so they have a super long weekend off. Oh nevermind. There's no green dots/moles working

Edit: there was a weird pink blob a couple weeks ago and it went away to become normal houses.

Edited by Vana Gears
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vana Gears said:

Umm... are all those trailers?? If so I hope they are busting butt to do a release tomorrow so they have a super long weekend off. Oh nevermind. There's no green dots/moles working

Edit: there was a weird pink blob a couple weeks ago and it went away to become normal houses.

I took this snapshot today from the SLURL map online which does not display green dots (avatars). Yes, it's believed it will be new trailers/campers and I would imagine its going to be a big release sometime before mid September. 

It's a big area for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Vana Gears said:

I've just discovered a new SSP region I think north of the SSP continent named SSP Decor which is just north of the SSP2 QA Test region

SSP Decor.JPG

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 1

Okay this is likely obvious to some, and I probably missed a huge chunk of conversation amidst the speculation (as usual!) but am I crazy or does that look like train tracks from the allegedly real rail rumoured to make an appearance at some point? (just above yellow line)

1083815362_28thAugustUpdate.thumb.JPG.5e1d0ad99a4061a0d92d7a1f1c579aad.jpg.6662af8da0c4c63f655b0b886655d7b6.jpg

• Like 7

It does look suspiciously trainy... and the pink line markers could be marking where the tracks will go, so they don't put houses on it. Which would mean the "waffle house" is a train station, but there's still the chance of a waffle snack counter, so we could still have it all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

It does look suspiciously trainy... and the pink line markers could be marking where the tracks will go, so they don't put houses on it. Which would mean the "waffle house" is a train station, but there's still the chance of a waffle snack counter, so we could still have it all.

I'm not sure the waffle house is/would be the train station as it's still situated on the water's edge (in orange) with no (as yet) obvious signs of connectivity between it and the "rail line". But the red square looks more like a train station area if it is indeed a train. And I could be completely wrong about that. It really could just be a nice wide winding path as @s2Pandora suggested. Now you mention it, some of those corners are pretty sharp... hmm. The speculation continues! 🤔 😆

2.jpg.95985bab88ae4f0926b8395795870e40.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I took this snapshot today from the SLURL map online which does not display green dots (avatars). Yes, it's believed it will be new trailers/campers and I would imagine its going to be a big release sometime before mid September. 

It's a big area for sure. 

I wonder how many people really WANT to live in a trailer.

To me it seems they allready built too many of them.

When they are released there will be a rush as allways and I will catch a trailer aswell if I get one but I would keep it just for some days (weeks?) to look at trailer life and experience it and then toss it back into the lottery- pool. And I am sure so would about 50% of the first catchers. The trailers look very packed on the map and remind me of the linden homes 1. generation.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

The trailers look very packed on the map and remind me of the linden homes 1. generation.

about the packed looki think the trailer parcels are 512m and if the regions are anything like the Birthday Showhomes then I will be pretty happy.  I am hoping so as I want to straight swap my old Linden Home for a trailer 512, and use the other 512 tier for my mainland parcel

probably the number of people wanting a 512m trailer is a lot less than for houseboats and houses.  I hope is waaaayyy lots less. Like about only 3 people would be good as then I will have lots of parcels to choose from :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

When they are released there will be a rush as allways and I will catch a trailer aswell if I get one but I would keep it just for some days (weeks?) to look at trailer life and experience it and then toss it back into the lottery- pool. And I am sure so would about 50% of the first catchers. The trailers look very packed on the map and remind me of the linden homes 1. generation.

I’ve noticed a LOT of interest in trailer living in both the forums and the Bellisseria group chats, so I will be very surprised if they’re not all taken.

If it turns out that they aren’t all taken, I think there’s a strong possibility that existing Bellisseria residents that have been holding off having a second home will then consider them to be ‘fair game’. I know that I would be tempted to then shed 512sqm of mainland holdings on my alt and have a go if I believed I wasn’t depriving another of a home.

As for them being ‘very packed' on the map, I don’t see this as being a problem as I expect that the area will be as beautifully decorated as the other regions in Bellisseria. Also, after the initial uptake, we're very unlikely to see hordes of green dots on the region as you only have to look at the existing regions to see maybe 1 or 2 others being around at the same time (events and 'flash mobs' aside).

I actually enjoy small parcel low LI living, and I don’t think I’m unique in this at all.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

... some of those corners are pretty sharp... hmm.

2.jpg.95985bab88ae4f0926b8395795870e40.jpg

Here's an enlarged map snapshot, the contrast and lightness increased to make it clearer.
There actually are no sharp corners in the supposed railroad. All the corners are nicely rounded. Train could easily go there.

It indeed does look like a railroad. If it's not, I wonder what else it could be?

2019-08-29_railroad.thumb.jpg.acdeab8299686a8387bf26b356d72913.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I've just discovered a new SSP region I think north of the SSP continent named SSP Decor which is just north of the SSP2 QA Test region

SSP Decor.JPG

This looks identical to the  LL Homes DEMO region they first displayed.

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

Here's an enlarged map snapshot, the contrast and lightness increased to make it clearer.
There actually are no sharp corners in the supposed railroad. All the corners are nicely rounded. Train could easily go there.

It indeed does look like a railroad. If it's not, I wonder what else it could be?

2019-08-29_railroad.thumb.jpg.acdeab8299686a8387bf26b356d72913.jpg

Definitely look like SLRR tracks and one clue is at the end in to lower-right: clearly a road-crossing segment. Whether they will continue the line in that direction is an unknown, unless whatever is under that square prim is a station of some sort. So theory: A rail line (Light rail?) that eventually goes to a station that is within walking distance of the "park area" where the "community center" is located and access to main water thoroughfare.

Just thinking aloud, stop walking away from me!

• Like 4

• Administrators

We've decided to delay releasing any campers or trailers at the moment, for obvious reasons, until hurricane Jorge passes.

5a26751819ec0a4def5de2f9a1b12cf4.jpg

In other news, our newklear operations are at fully realized capacity down at 3 Meter Island, and our plan is to drop our new weapons payload on the storm to subvert it from the continent in our aptly named, "Operation Breaking Wind".

• Like 3
  • Haha 36

8 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I counted a bunch of the trailer plots over on SSP and I came up with an average of 26 plots on the full regions.  So actually the same amount of "people" as many of the traditional house and houseboat regions -- just on half the size of plots.    There is just more open space around and about the parcels and less area for community places like all the new walkways and such. And of course with more water (sure to be a hit) that takes away land usable for plots.

As to how many want them, I am thinking they will still be third in the want list with houseboats still the most coveted in general.   Also remember that the green plots shown on the current map are PLOTS not trailers and the trailers are small, some very small so if you look at a map showing the TRAILERS and not the plots, they would look much less crowded.   Here is an old screenshot of when we first saw the trailers. THESE trailers are actually bigger than many of the trailers they ended up using. I noted that when the birthday bash was going on. So this gives you a better idea of space.  It seems like it should be fine.   

Likely someone counted the trailers on the preview plot and can chime in with a number. If I did, I have forgotten :D. 

2096435922_trailerparkssp84.png.8eaaa380df6f73ce0621ada1c8ed068c.png

There will undoubtedly be "better" plots and lesser plots -- just like with the current offerings. '

This is my screenshot from the birthday preview. Some folks will have privacy and some not.   Lani (now with open tier again) is going to try for a trailer but if she gets one RIGHT next to someone else, she will likely toss it back.  But there have been some folks very excited about the tiny camping places. Happily, if you look at the current SSP map it appears that privacy was taken more into effect.   

camping%2Barea%2BSL16B.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

But there have been some folks very excited about the tiny camping places.

Yes I'm so excited...I've always wanted to live in a tinyhome in the mountains in RL :)

Do you know if we'll be able to alternate between tinyhome choices as we can with traditional homes?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yes I'm so excited...I've always wanted to live in a tinyhome in the mountains in RL :)

Do you know if we'll be able to alternate between tinyhome choices as we can with traditional homes?

Well there were what seemed to be "house changers" like the mailbox and life preserver at the demo. They were the space number signs. So I suspect that will be the case. There are plenty of different styles of trailers. I hope they keep the cedar siding on the one I like best. I suspect that the one that looks most like a house  -- and is bigger -- will be a popular choice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well there were what seemed to be "house changers" like the mailbox and life preserver at the demo. They were the space number signs. So I suspect that will be the case. There are plenty of different styles of trailers. I hope they keep the cedar siding on the one I like best. I suspect that the one that looks most like a house  -- and is bigger -- will be a popular choice. 

Has anyone seen or been inside one of these trailers?  To be completely honest, I'm a little concerned over how well they'll function.  I know it's personal preference, but I absolutely hate very small buildings where you have to struggle to get a good POV on your views and camera angles.

For me, the new Traditional homes have rooms that are too small with walls that are too tight.  I couldn't imagine living in anything smaller.

• Like 2