SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

18 hours ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

It would be lovely if the people that get them are into sand and a beachy theme.... Hopefully there'll be no 1024 sqm grass 'carpets' placed 😕 

I wonder whether it would be possible for the Lab to have two categories of traditional home that would show up on the dashboard when looking to claim a Linden Home: 'Grass' and 'Sand'.

I am a graslover and will find it difficult to cope with sand. But for this great seaview and the generall beachy feeling on the pickle (which faintly reminds me of Langeoog my favourite holiday place) I would resist from putting down a "wellwatered" prim lawn and try to make a sandgarden look nice. I have collected lots of photos from other Belliserians gardens to inspire me first of all @Chic Aeon s admirable seaside ressort.

... more of her photos I found ... all of her sandgarden ...

751806715_gardenandcara.thumb.jpg.d41f9f

590993061_gardenclutter.jpg.b587e125785f

380301513_morningsun.thumb.jpg.4ab75c720

1385989245_wheelbarrowforums.thumb.jpg.3

1094955906_potsandcrates2400.thumb.jpg.0

But you find a lot of other examples of nice sandy beachy gardens like this ...

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

It would be lovely if the people that get them are into sand and a beachy theme.... Hopefully there'll be no 1024 sqm grass 'carpets' placed 😕 

I wonder whether it would be possible for the Lab to have two categories of traditional home that would show up on the dashboard when looking to claim a Linden Home: 'Grass' and 'Sand'.

That would be nice for sure. I have a beach house, and at least three neighbors have really ugly flat green "grass" prims totally covering their parcels. It's jarring to see them, and I wound up permanently derendering them because they just do NOT fit in with the terrain there. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I have collected lots of photos from other Belliserians gardens to inspire me first of all @Chic Aeon s admirable seaside ressort.

Wow, thanks for the kudos and memory pictures :D.   I grew up in a beach town (Huntington Beach California) and lived in New Mexico (and beachy Mexico) for several years.   As I have said a few times, when Belliseria opened I had my eye on the waterfront up North which was green.   But that area wasn't showing up as a choice during the first hours of house hunting.  The first plot given me was in Graff, but it was very flat and had a lot of beach clutter in the view which wasn't working for me personally (I know some folks love it). 

So on I went to Heathstone.  I liked the rocks out front much better and with only nine plots in that sim (6 in Graff I think) Heathstone seemed to be a good place to park.   I went with the premise of creating my home there in the same manner that I would have a sandy area in real life, and pretty much did that.  I think the secret (the moss is a good idea too but moss REALLY needs a lot of water to be sustained so not terribly realistic) to the grass on sand idea is to make a  texture that has ununiform sandy edges around the 1024 area that blend INTO the adjoining sand AND not to have the grass too green but sort of low saturated. I am sure there are folks really good with textures that could do this convincingly.    The bright green golf course lawns on some of the sandy plots REALLY break the immersion for me :D.   

Actually I guess a better idea would be to have the edges be transparent so that the prim could hover a bit above the ground as needed. Most lots are not actually FLAT and that is an issue too. Some flora in appropriate places helps.  Also for folks wanting realism, remember that most sandy areas area also DRY areas and so water is at a premium (and often in short supply). LUSH and SAND don't play well together if people are looking for a good immersion factor :D. 

I wish you good luck snagging one of the new lots.   I saw Porthole went up finally today and that is a lovely sim.   Lani (now with tier to use) is waiting for a trailer which should hopefully be less stressful to get :D.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think anyone's talked about it in a while, but up on SSP Belli, the green block east of Belli's head is now 9 regions named SSPXT1-9.  Looking back in this thread, in April people talked about this area being a single region.  Am I reading that wrong, or has it grown?  Still just a green block on the map, staging area of some sort?

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1

New names!!!

I just went inworld. When I click on MAP all the regions on the Pickle have just numbers but when I TP to the northern regions then they have NAMES - I found the following seven new names- 160 is water so I did not want to TP in - no homes.

SSPE157    Kaluna
SSPE158    Axim
SSPE159    Pantelleria
SSPE173    Siros
SSPE174    River Run
SSPE175    Cadhaire
SSPE176    Alala

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Looking at SSP84 this early morn, I spotted some changes.  I had thought they had forgotten about SSP84 and moved on to the train area but indeed something has happened in the last month. Here is a graphic of comparison.

1704372265_ssp84changessept4.thumb.jpg.f0054f040d65bb7e635c874eaf134f2b.jpg

That small isle down south would be a nice place to live holding one house surrounded by water. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

It could be that the Moles are still in process of adding more track here ? or perhaps this route I highlighted in yellow could be a possible underground link ? which would be awesome. 

SSP264 does look to be a train station though.  

Prediction.JPG

If you look very carefully at the southern section with twin track, you can see that it corners toward the left, I suspect the twins will merge into one, it will dip westward then turn back to the north when it is more in-line with SSP264. The real curiosity I've had for a couple weeks since it first appeared is what is underneath that square "cover"? Again, I'm thinking a light-rail or tram type mini RR system. Then the question of autonomous tram or not, though I don't think I recall the Lindens or Moles creating autonomous vehicles other than a water ferry or two.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Then the question of autonomous tram or not, though I don't think I recall the Lindens or Moles creating autonomous vehicles other than a water ferry or two.

If I correctly understand what you mean, then I'll add that they have the trolleys that run in Bay City and through Nova Albion.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

If I correctly understand what you mean, then I'll add that they have the trolleys that run in Bay City and through Nova Albion.

I thought those were resident-run and owned, am I misunderstanding that? Either way, that's what I was thinking in terms of automation, yes - that exact type and method.

• Moles
7 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:
23 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I thought those were resident-run and owned, am I misunderstanding that? Either way, that's what I was thinking in terms of automation, yes - that exact type and method.

Nope.  I scripted those a few years ago.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

Nope.  I scripted those a few years ago.

That's interesting! I've not taken a ride, but did try not to crash into it a few times while driving my own :) Hey - do you have the POWAH! to reset the door at Crow's Nest Lighthouse (in Blake Sea) so we can walk inside again? Ugh. It hasn't worked for a few years now and I like to show people that photograph at the bottom of the pit. Just asking aloud. Hahaha!

8 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

If you look very carefully at the southern section with twin track, you can see that it corners toward the left, I suspect the twins will merge into one, it will dip westward then turn back to the north when it is more in-line with SSP264.

Yes, the situation as of 5 Sep 2019 is:

2019-09-05_Bellisseria-railroad.thumb.jpg.c7aed42d3347da71902f9c5b5a5ebbee.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Looks like the train track is now fully connected. The grey square has to be a possible train station as the track goes straight though and out of the other side.

Just like in real life 😂

A train journey around the campers area could possibly be very exciting indeed. Around the water lakes especially. 

Took these screenshots today on 5th September.

Screenshot_20190905-084304.thumb.png.5f72341d0038fef9c1e4b66b2de4c92f.png

Screenshot_20190905-085538.png

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

A train journey around the campers area could possibly be very exciting indeed. Around the water lakes especially.

i have the thought that the train tracks are going to encourage people living in trailers next to the tracks to hobo up their parcels

if I get a trailer next to the rail tracks I will most likely lean toward doing that.  Trains mean environmental noise. Environmental noise means non-idyllic

• Like 1