SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

4 hours ago, Vuron Beltran said:

Has anyone seen or been inside one of these trailers?  To be completely honest, I'm a little concerned over how well they'll function.  I know it's personal preference, but I absolutely hate very small buildings where you have to struggle to get a good POV on your views and camera angles.

For me, the new Traditional homes have rooms that are too small with walls that are too tight.  I couldn't imagine living in anything smaller.

They do vary in size.  The largest one (so far that we have seen) is pretty roomy. To be fair I changed my viewing settings (finally) and so I have no trouble in small spaces. This IS more of a plot for those that like to be outdoors though.     I think I have a photo of me sitting inside one. Have company at the door but I will try and find and update later. 

Found it:  

3687130_tinyhomeinteriror.thumb.jpg.cb53a65914ffb7d13382a9673c9e281e.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vuron Beltran said:

Has anyone seen or been inside one of these trailers?  To be completely honest, I'm a little concerned over how well they'll function.

Yes, they are MUCH larger than they first look, easily as comparable on the inside to the original LL homes. I walked through the demo area the first time and I was "Meh - too small" - then a week later made another walk through and went inside each and I was just this side of shocked at how roomy they are. I would even gamble that it is a close call in comparison to some (not all) houseboats in terms of internal space. Yes, really.

Though only the actual Moles/Lindens who built them can say for sure. But all in all, they are much larger than they appear at first blush. It was this epiphany for me that got me percolating: Dump my house and houseboat, grab one of these, then apply the other 1500 m2 t(tax-free from two Premium accounts) to recreate my playground on Mainland and so I did that. Now, [pinches @Patch Linden in the arm,] I am *anxiously* awaiting the camper/trailer release. 

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

Could the new mystery be railway tracks side by side?

Yes, that's what I suspect, elevated also - so I am thinking they will run it eastbound over water and stuff. It also means (to my suspicion) that they will also build-out SSP260, 278-280, 294-296, 310-312, and 236-328, at the least. Ugh. I DUNWANNAWAIT!

Edit to add: I wouldn't be surprised if it loops back up to SSP284 to link up. I can also envision they may put an autonomous tram or something, like the Ferry at the Fairgrounds. That would be fun, too, I think.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Yes, that's what I suspect, elevated also - so I am thinking they will run it eastbound over water and stuff. It also means (to my suspicion) that they will also build-out SSP260, 278-280, 294-296, 310-312, and 236-328, at the least. Ugh. I DUNWANNAWAIT!

Edit to add: I wouldn't be surprised if it loops back up to SSP284 to link up. I can also envision they may put an autonomous tram or something, like the Ferry at the Fairgrounds. That would be fun, too, I think.

The long stretch of railway starts in SSP325 to SSP329. Double tracks are now there via SLURL Second Life Maps.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

The long stretch of railway starts in SSP325 to SSP329. Double tracks are now there via SLURL Second Life Maps.

So my forecast turned out correct, woot! It also shows we still have quite the wait before release as all those regions will surely need to be finished as part of the initial unveiling.

If you look on the map, with the disappearance of the LEA AIRS sims (20) and the LEA core sims (9) there is a lot of room for another smallish continent --- like for fantasy maybe?    The other regions in the area are Linden owned and could be moved fairly easily I would think.  

map.thumb.jpg.701ba86f1927ea6a9f237bbed817904d.jpg

Oh who cares about new continents, Chic!  🤗   Look, a train! 

I've roughly drawn in orange where I can sorta see a train route.  Maybe a big loop starting in 264, then going around counterclockwise until it, for now, ends in 297.  Hard to believe it won't hook up again up in 264 (as speculated above), so I kinda made a dashed line, particularly as there's that area I've drawn a lavender elipse around, that looks like it has a grouping of large buildings.  More than just a train station, don't you think? An industrial area? Bordering the upper right of the elipse is a little set of lines that looks like 4 short docks.  Could that be a dam or loading docks or ?

That lavender area is immediately southwest of Porthole.  Perhaps Porthole's nice houses and boats are for corporate overlords, and the campers, which may come to fill that entire loop area, are for workers who commute via train to the 'factories'? 

And for musicians, partiers, hobos, and boho denizens of all types!

876679105_TrainSniplines.JPG.81246fc9ec1e82b164ccff0357dd7393.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This is exciting to see, and seems likely given the big hints dropped at the birthday bash.

For me the views out the window are the big fun of virtual train riding, and I am frustrated by riding mainland tracks due to being continually being pulled out of immersion by floating buildings and other anomalies. 

A train ride seems like a fab way to view gorgeous Belli :)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Oh who cares about new continents, Chic!  🤗   Look, a train! 

I've roughly drawn in orange where I can sorta see a train route.  Maybe a big loop starting in 264, then going around counterclockwise until it, for now, ends in 297.  Hard to believe it won't hook up again up in 264 (as speculated above), so I kinda made a dashed line, particularly as there's that area I've drawn a lavender elipse around, that looks like it has a grouping of large buildings.  More than just a train station, don't you think? An industrial area? Bordering the upper right of the elipse is a little set of lines that looks like 4 short docks.  Could that be a dam or loading docks or ?

That lavender area is immediately southwest of Porthole.  Perhaps Porthole's nice houses and boats are for corporate overlords, and the campers, which may come to fill that entire loop area, are for workers who commute via train to the 'factories'? 

And for musicians, partiers, hobos, and boho denizens of all types!

876679105_TrainSniplines.JPG.81246fc9ec1e82b164ccff0357dd7393.JPG

I wonder if they are working on something along the lines of Inner Harbor in Bay City? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I wonder if they are working on something along the lines of Inner Harbor in Bay City? 

You know, with animesh and keyframedmotion, one could actually have dockworkers load a cargo ship using a conveyor belt, then have the ship depart and go up the river, stopping to pick up passengers here and there, as a ferry. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

The Pickle is starting to look really nice! Lots of beachy homes there with a real SEA view!

I do hope I'll get me one of these in time.

image.thumb.jpeg.c2a94f83840b05b0280316932c4d764b.jpeg

It would be lovely if the people that get them are into sand and a beachy theme.... Hopefully there'll be no 1024 sqm grass 'carpets' placed 😕 

I wonder whether it would be possible for the Lab to have two categories of traditional home that would show up on the dashboard when looking to claim a Linden Home: 'Grass' and 'Sand'.

Edited by Walpurgisnacht
Sharing a brainwave
  • Like 2