How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

Love the avatar and photo, and that smile is terrific! How did you get that? None of my mesh heads have that good of a smile. :)

Thank you. None of my heads either. I used Faceapp. I wish we could have that smile inworld as well 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Opal Gustafson said:

Thank you. None of my heads either. I used Faceapp. I wish we could have that smile inworld as well 😃

I had to look up Faceapp (I'm old). Hm. Interesting! And I second having that smile inworld. I would much rather have that than the 10,000 versions of my tongue sticking out. Why can't we have that smile? Anyone know?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

How did you do that?!

Gyazo allows you to do essentially screen captures of either images or 7 second MP4s or GIFs. I've just been learning how to use it, but it's pretty easy! (And FREE!!)

https://gyazo.com

ETA: Hilariously, you can see my cursor sweep across the GIF at one point. Oops!!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Gyazo allows you to do essentially screen captures of either images or 7 second MP4s or GIFs. I've just been learning how to use it, but it's pretty easy! (And FREE!!)

ETA: Hilariously, you can see my cursor sweep across the GIF at one point. Oops!!

You'll get used to moving your cursor out of the capture area ;)

Gyazo is amazing. All of us CSRs in the Catwa group use it, because it's invaluable for making on-the-fly videos to show people exactly what to do when it comes to fixing issues or working with their mesh heads. Most of us pay the yearly fee for the full version, which allows for one-minute gifs/videos, and keeps a full gallery of all your captures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Last time I tried to use Gyazo it was a fail for me 😪

Not sure why. I remember being very frustrated with it. I'll take another look at it. 

Just now, Elora Lunasea said:

Not sure why. I remember being very frustrated with it. I'll take another look at it. 

Maybe they've made it better or easier to use? Try it again, for sure!

I have to admit, I found it pretty idiot-proof. Which is a good thing, as I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to this sort of thing!

• Like 1

I've been using Gyazo for years since it was new.  sometime in late 2014.  it's gotten much easier to use since then and it's worth the yearly fee for me.  I've got a history of the last 5 years in SL on Gyazo.  Wish i had it going back to 2006.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Quickest way to launch it each time is to pin the two programs (image and gif) to the taskbar, then just click the one you want to start up. Saves having to dig around in folders etc. Both programs are simple to use: just click and drag a marquee around what you want to capture. The image version will simply click, and - a few seconds later - open a new tab showing your image. The gif version will start recording the second you let go of the mouse. You can pause it, stop it early, or stop it altogether from the little control panel that is at the top (or bottom) of the marquee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

After I installed it, I ended up with two shortcuts - Gyazo and Gyazo GIF. When I clicked the Gyazo GIF shortcut, my cursor changed to a crosshair.  I then used that to outline an area of my screen and it started recording as soon as I let go of the outline cursor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Quickest way to launch it each time is to pin the two programs (image and gif) to the taskbar, then just click the one you want to start up. Saves having to dig around in folders etc. Both programs are simple to use: just click and drag a marquee around what you want to capture. The image version will simply click, and - a few seconds later - open a new tab showing your image. The gif version will start recording the second you let go of the mouse. You can pause it, stop it early, or stop it altogether from the little control panel that is at the top (or bottom) of the marquee.

That's exactly how I use it.  I also send pics i've saved to disk and edited with GIMP to Gyazo to show them to people easily.  I just right click on the pic in windows and choose the send to Gyazo option.

• Like 2