How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

54 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Sell him your soul, never look back...

Holy moly. I'm a new oldbie to the Forums, so I wasn't familiar with your work. /me falls over in a faint. If I can ever get Flickr to work etc etc a for-sure "follow" for me. Jeebus you're putting up some awesome pix.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2019 at 10:37 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

Did you think you were going somewhere?

1983096156_2019-05-23_008(2).thumb.jpg.d299464f09c5b2ed9c76adbcd58187c0.jpg

Ahem. :::cough::: I think I could start batting for the other team after this picture. What a wonderful, dynamic pose (getting all technical now, while fanning self). Great outfit. I'd say you :::cough::: nailed "sultry." (Sultry most likely enjoyed it.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;)

"You should consider that Imitation is the most acceptable part of Worship,
and that the Gods had much rather Mankind should Resemble, than Flatter them."
Jeremy Collier and André Dacier - Emperor Marcus Antoninus his conversation with himself, 1708

milady_cr.thumb.jpg.bcfb1399453aaaa244ecd3846bdd2fa8.jpg

Edited by Angelina String
  • Like 29

9 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

Light.thumb.jpg.8818d6937d37a12c1600ab59b132f647.jpg

Great photo... yes the hands are a bit awkward, but it’s still a beautiful shot...

BTW- particularly with this photo and that hair, I feel the overwhelming need to address you as, "your grace". 🐉🐉🐉

me/ climbing back onto my sofa to continue my binging 😳

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Holy moly. I'm a new oldbie to the Forums, so I wasn't familiar with your work. /me falls over in a faint. If I can ever get Flickr to work etc etc a for-sure "follow" for me. Jeebus you're putting up some awesome pix.

Thank you so much! :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Great photo... yes the hands are a bit awkward, but it’s still a beautiful shot...

BTW- particularly with this photo and that hair, I feel the overwhelming need to address you as, "your grace". 🐉🐉🐉

me/ climbing back onto my sofa to continue my binging 😳

Haha! Thank you, Sara. Enjoy your binging! We are going to start again at the beginning. 😄😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Ergh. This needs a border because the close cropping is lost. Raw screenshot.

SR052719B_001.png

If I may make a suggestion?

That is a gorgeous image, but what it needs is not a frame. Instead it needs some negative space; some room for the image to breathe.

I hope you don't mind me making some minor edits to your image, but I've put behind the below spoiler tag two examples of how adding some negative space on one side of the image (remember the Rule of Thirds!) allows it that breathing room. The negative space  draws the eye to the subject of the image, and - depending which side the space is on - it can also affect the mood of the image.

Personally - of the two edits - I would opt for the second image with the white space to the left, because it draws the eye to (and accentuates) the curve going up from your shoulder, past your neck, and up to your ear.

seicher_edit01a.thumb.jpg.499f5041db222ec64b2e0258a6a00818.jpg

seicher_edit01b.thumb.jpg.7303f1963e8a5b3ba59477ccd678ae39.jpg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

If I may make a suggestion?

That is a gorgeous image, but what it needs is not a frame. Instead it needs some negative space; some room for the image to breathe.

I hope you don't mind me making some minor edits to your image, but I've put behind the below spoiler tag two examples of how adding some negative space on one side of the image (remember the Rule of Thirds!) allows it that breathing room. The negative space  draws the eye to the subject of the image, and - depending which side the space is on - it can also affect the mood of the image.

Personally - of the two edits - I would opt for the second image with the white space to the left, because it draws the eye to (and accentuates) the curve going up from your shoulder, past your neck, and up to your ear.

Hide contents

seicher_edit01a.thumb.jpg.499f5041db222ec64b2e0258a6a00818.jpg

seicher_edit01b.thumb.jpg.7303f1963e8a5b3ba59477ccd678ae39.jpg

I don't mind suggestions, comments or alterations, at all. I went to design school at university and it was all about (sometime brutal) group critiques. It taught me not to be precious about my own work. *Normally* I use a lot more negative space, but for this one I purposefully chose to really minimize it, which I think emphasizes certain points of the image. In the Flickr view (where the crop shows up to its advantage), hopefully your eye goes immediately to the subject's eyes. I hope. Ah, it is all subjective. Here's two links to my normal negative space stuff, and one link to this photo that shows it how I really cropped it (white background didn't work on white forum background). I'm truly fine with your comments and welcome more. On this one we'll disagree about the tight cropping. :) (Negative space: 

SR new avatar look for year 10

and 

In hell I'll be in good company

and the Forum keeps putting in the image, not the link, but the link to my main page which shows the photo in question at the beginning of the photostream is https://www.flickr.com/photos/157137235@N03/with/47942234956/

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 8

10 hours ago, Tashenaa said:

know your angles 💋

FFDAD206-316E-4B46-8381-5457C0CC4376.jpeg

Depending on what you want to capture in the image... play with the Ctrl-9, Ctrl-0, and Ctrl-8 keys to change the camera. The distortion from a wide or close up 50mm lense can be increased or eliminated.

• Like 3