How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

10 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

First couple of images as an 'official' for Zibska. Much gladsome shrieking was had when I found out I'd landed that gig, because by god I freakin' love Zib Scaggs' work!

Promptly runs off to Skell's blog to steal them cyberpunky temple thingies.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Just be warned: they were only in the fatpack of that hair...

Yeeah... I don't know if I just couldn't come up with the right term, but I was scouring the MP for something like that for Neph. By now, buying a hair FP to get a pair of shades that I'll be wearing without the actual shades feels totally worth it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Yeeah... I don't know if I just couldn't come up with the right term, but I was scouring the MP for something like that for Neph. By now, buying a hair FP to get a pair of shades that I'll be wearing without the actual shades feels totally worth it!

That was the decision I weighed up, too. The hair works surprisingly well, so I decided it was worth the $$ in the long run. And I've worn it several times since then.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Angelina String said:

" I'm just a dime store cowgirl
That's all I'm ever gonna be
You can take me out of the country
But you can't take the country out of me, no
Cause I'm still the girl from Golden
Had to get away so I could grow
But it don't matter where I'm goin'
I'll still call my hometown home"

~Kacey Musgraves

Snapshot_2309.thumb.jpg.643818a905bfb2fffa4a3b6e48fa655f.jpg

That's a brilliant and beautiful shot Taya.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

And it is your first forum post? 

I am sure some of the people here have some poses they'll want you to try... 😈

Sounds like my first day in SL so long ago. A really helpful guy asked me to sit on this little pink ball while he sat on a little blue one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, Saravendi said:

So this is a new headshot... do you guys like it? I've had my current one up for about a year, however I'm partial to Blond or Platinum Hair.... hummm?

It's very nice, but the eyelash, makeup and hair alpha clash is very glaring in close-ups like that. Sometimes you can pull off a temporary fix when you're about to shoot, by right clicking the hair - if that doesn't do it, well, layering shots with various filters and/or masks it is.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Orwar said:

It's very nice, but the eyelash, makeup and hair alpha clash is very glaring in close-ups like that. Sometimes you can pull off a temporary fix when you're about to shoot, by right clicking the hair - if that doesn't do it, well, layering shots with various filters and/or masks it is.

Yeah... I saw that a bit too late. I didn’t know about the right clicking thing, I’ll try that next time. I tried to deal with it in PS, but wasn’t up to the challenge. BTW, what filters/program do you use? Lightroom? Thanks for the feedback! 😘

14 hours ago, Angelina String said:

" I'm just a dime store cowgirl
That's all I'm ever gonna be
You can take me out of the country
But you can't take the country out of me, no
Cause I'm still the girl from Golden
Had to get away so I could grow
But it don't matter where I'm goin'
I'll still call my hometown home"

~Kacey Musgraves

:)

• Like 2

I wanted to try something fun for my second attempt, so I asked my friend Roxy Couturier to help me out. She gracefully accepted ! Some of the pictures turned out much better than I expected. I ended up taking 6 shots, and at first, debated only sharing the better ones, but after some thought, I figured I'd share all 6, and get opinions on them all. I tried to go after several angles, some turned out well and some not so well. but the picture of Roxy turned out rather well.. i just love those eyes :)

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy these as much as i did taking them :)

(I'll post them all in separate post later, since I can only upload so many pictures at one time)

Snapshot1_001.png

Snapshot1_006.png

Snapshot1_004.png

Edited by ShibariKate
  • Like 20

57 minutes ago, ShibariKate said:

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy these as much as i did taking them :)

Yes, I did!

It's great that you've enlisted Roxy's help: she takes terrific pics, as you've undoubtedly seen scanning this thread.

I think these pics, as they stand, are lovely. You've actually chosen a really difficult subject: framing a pic with two avatars (and so, two points of focus), in action, and against a pretty complicated background is for sure going to be a challenge, but you've captured the scene very nicely.

I guess the question is . . . what kind of pics do you want to take? You could, for instance, and assuming your computer is up to it, add more sense of depth to these by employing some degree of depth of field, and shadows in Advanced Lighting Mode either from "natural" (*snort*) sources and local lights, or attached lights and projectors? But that may be something you're not interested in doing? Sometimes you want the scene to be relatively flat, for instance, if you're trying to catch a sort of cartoon/comic book feel.

You could also play with Windlight a bit to get some more interesting lighting effects, although I'm by no means an authority on that myself: I make pretty limited use of that.

In the final analysis, though, these are really great, and you should be very pleased with them! They are fun, and imaginative, and nicely shot! So yay you!!

(BTW, I hope you know what you're doing: Roxy is about a millisecond from taking your head off with that katana. And if that happens, it'll take forever to fix the neck seam again!)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Snarky Sunday Seren or I just love what the top says! :) If you can't read my top; it says: "Maybe she born with it; Maybe it's none of your business." :D 

snarky_001.png

Edited by MrsSeren
adding what top says
  • Like 19

20 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

(BTW, I hope you know what you're doing: Roxy is about a millisecond from taking your head off with that katana. And if that happens, it'll take forever to fix the neck seam again

Kate's the redhead in those shots. It's my neck on the line.. (Well, my blonde elven alt's neck.)

• Like 3