How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

On 4/26/2019 at 3:22 AM, Saravendi said:

Hey Guys... 

Sara, I completely missed this (my bad; wasn't in SL all weekend and just cleared my notifications without really checking them, as they tend to just be 'reactions' instead of mentions). Dear god, what a monumental task you set yourself. I'm rather stunned (and a bit embarrassed) that I ranked so high when there are so many people here who take a lot more care in setting up their images than I do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BelindaN said:

That makes it tempting........I need to reprioritise yet again!! ;)

Like Zeta, I use the AnyPose stand, and I have few complaints about it. You can use the pose stand feature (which is a bit more powerful) when you have rez rights, and the "Live" feature when you don't. You can also pose multiple avatars on multiple stands simultaneously and, if you're willing to pay a fair whack extra (L$3000 I think), you can export your poses, and then import them again as proper BVH files (i.e., as standard SL poses or animations). (I wouldn't bother with that though: use QAvimator instead.)

A couple of limitations. The granularity of movement isn't great: it's difficult to really fine-tune a slightly wonky pose. That's a limitation imposed by SL rather than of the product though. Also, "Live" won't work in a place where scripts have been disabled -- unless, I think, you open the HUD before going there. Finally, it's not a Bento animator, so it has only a limited ability to move your fingers, and virtually none to change your facial expression.

If you want a cheaper system that has the same basic core functionality, but without the pose stands and somewhat clunkier in operation and look, you can try the Animare poser:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Animare-Pose-Animation-System-BOXED/1554912

Laskya uses that one. It's fine. But the AnyPoser is a bit more powerful and flexible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

stacylook1.thumb.png.2939578052f0703c91db9f36ee30f91a.png

Stacy at Reeds Landing. The girl next door.

Stacy is a pathfinding animesh non-player character. She moves around my place in the new Linden Homes area. If you visit her she'll come up to you and say hello. She's full Bento, but not a full avatar. Top, hair and cap are mesh clothing; jeans and shoes are baked onto the body. 87LI with this clothing, 25LI with the built-in clothing only.

Edited by animats
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Like Zeta, I use the AnyPose stand, and I have few complaints about it. You can use the pose stand feature (which is a bit more powerful) when you have rez rights, and the "Live" feature when you don't. You can also pose multiple avatars on multiple stands simultaneously and, if you're willing to pay a fair whack extra (L$3000 I think), you can export your poses, and then import them again as proper BVH files (i.e., as standard SL poses or animations). (I wouldn't bother with that though: use QAvimator instead.)

A couple of limitations. The granularity of movement isn't great: it's difficult to really fine-tune a slightly wonky pose. That's a limitation imposed by SL rather than of the product though. Also, "Live" won't work in a place where scripts have been disabled -- unless, I think, you open the HUD before going there. Finally, it's not a Bento animator, so it has only a limited ability to move your fingers, and virtually none to change your facial expression.

I have my eye on the anypose but am still saving my Lindens after the LUMIPro wiped out my bank account and then I decided to update an alt to help me in my endeavors (maybe I should take up pole dancing? Oh! or let her do that! :D )  I liked the idea of being able to fine tune poses and not being restricted by the inability to rez (along with the idea of uploading the created files for later use) and have envisioned such trivialities as being able to kneel and take the bottle from the drunk in a recent pic but what you said Scylla, makes me wonder if I'm expecting too much from the Anypose.  Is the granularity bad enough that I would struggle to place my hand on an object in a realistic way and not dislocate a shoulder or elbow in the process? :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Aedan Charron said:

I have my eye on the anypose but am still saving my Lindens after the LUMIPro wiped out my bank account and then I decided to update an alt to help me in my endeavors (maybe I should take up pole dancing? Oh! or let her do that! :D )  I liked the idea of being able to fine tune poses and not being restricted by the inability to rez (along with the idea of uploading the created files for later use) and have envisioned such trivialities as being able to kneel and take the bottle from the drunk in a recent pic but what you said Scylla, makes me wonder if I'm expecting too much from the Anypose.  Is the granularity bad enough that I would struggle to place my hand on an object in a realistic way and not dislocate a shoulder or elbow in the process? :D

It can be difficult, yes. I get around it occasionally by using hover height, or shifting my pose stand a little. Usually there's a work-around. And, if you fiddle with stand settings long enough, sometimes a new combination of settings will do the trick. Each "bone" has two different directions for movement, and there are three bones in each arm (for instance), so by trying different settings for each, you can sometimes work it out. So don't despair!

I haven't tried it myself, but the Black Dragon viewer looks to have much more precise posing options built right in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have both the Anypose and Animare, and I really only bought the Anypose for the ability to move my poses from side to side and rotate in small increments, like a sideways hover height.  I was sad to see it could only be done when using the posing stand and not when using live posing, but I suppose that may not be possible to do. I also plan to dabble in creating poses when I have the time. I'm pleased with it overall, but kind of wish I would have saved my lindens since the Animare Hud is decent enough.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I haven't tried it myself, but the Black Dragon viewer looks to have much more precise posing options built right in.

Yes, sliders with no limits for each bone, including bento facial bones, fingers, ears, wings tails. They are much smoother than Anypose. Sadly LL didnt allow them to be used for other avatars, because the edit is visible only in the viewer of photographer, not for other models, so it would be taken as "abuse".

https://gyazo.com/b0df2bad7c5ddaac37f09af59dec85d8

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

I have both the Anypose and Animare, and I really only bought the Anypose for the ability to move my poses from side to side and rotate in small increments, like a sideways hover height.  I was sad to see it could only be done when using the posing stand and not when using live posing, but I suppose that may not be possible to do. I also plan to dabble in creating poses when I have the time. I'm pleased with it overall, but kind of wish I would have saved my lindens since the Animare Hud is decent enough.  

The pose stand can be very useful . . . if, of course, you are in a place where you can rez. One of my more common stupid "accidents" while taking pics is to accidentally click on my avatar, or try to edit something while I'm already posed. Which, of course, moves my avatar and wrecks the shot I've carefully set up, unless I am on a pose stand.

I do a lot of photography, fortunately, at my own place, so I'm often able to rez it. But I of course agree with you that it would be nice to be able to adjust things like rotation, or fine-tune positioning when you're not.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The pose stand can be very useful . . . if, of course, you are in a place where you can rez. One of my more common stupid "accidents" while taking pics is to accidentally click on my avatar, or try to edit something while I'm already posed. Which, of course, moves my avatar and wrecks the shot I've carefully set up, unless I am on a pose stand.

I do a lot of photography, fortunately, at my own place, so I'm often able to rez it. But I of course agree with you that it would be nice to be able to adjust things like rotation, or fine-tune positioning when you're not.

The accidental avatar click is the worst! Especially when using a sitting pose. I can never successfully get back to where I was. The pose stand is useful for sure, but like you said, only when somewhere with rez rights. 

• Like 3

I've had a great day, starting out with shopping, then clubbing for a while, then Breakfast Club, then the beach.

Three changes of outfit and ending up with my old faithful corset dress!!!  ;)

I needed a cheer up, because I'm full of cold!!!!

The first image is at the apartment. The other two are at a beach sim (sorry I can't remember which one until I'm back in world), which has a huge marina attached. I couldn't resist firing up the Windlight and grabbing some photos. I didn't manage to bag a yacht owner though. Very disappointing. But I'll be back so they are not safe!!!

It was Bumrose Beach...…"Ooo-err! 😜

SL17a.png

SL18.png

SL17.png

Edited by BelindaN
Beach name added
  • Like 26