How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, Eva Knoller said:

@CatrieWe could be twins with our FLF haul. I bought those too. Pretty great selection this week!

Yeah, it was. I got the top and the hair. Decided I didn't like the shoes enough, and that I didn't need another set of leggings.

Except that now I'm thinking maybe I do.

Aaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, it was. I got the top and the hair. Decided I didn't like the shoes enough, and that I didn't need another set of leggings.

Except that now I'm thinking maybe I do.

Aaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh . . .

Sure you do! Only L$50...

• Haha 3

6 hours ago,  Roxy Couturier said: 

I think it's gaining steam. Since I started perusing the official forums and this thread in particular, there's been an increase of new posters and pictures in this thread.

Yeah, agreed on all counts. I think that the people who post here, everyone, should be a little proud of themselves that they've contributed making this a kind of forum destination.

And while I'm not so secretly thrilled that one of mine made that list, I know there's been some utterly fantastic pics by others that, imo, were much better. So, while I'm honored to be among them, I don't think it's a metric that really deserves (I'm searching for a word here and all I can think of is) notice?

Again, yes. I'm even a little puzzled about why one of mine is on the list, as I don't think it's very good. I think a lot of factors, of which "quality" (whatever that means) go into the number of likes. So yes, it's nice that I have two pics on the list (*preen preen*), but, as Sara herself says, it'd be a mistake to read too much into it. I'd especially say that that is true for people who aren't getting 30+ likes: a lot of this is probably also about rewarding regular posters.

The other thing that worries me just a teeny bit: with the exception of Skell, most of the "top" posts are of fairly conventional women avatars. I don't think that the men who post here get enough attention, and, equally, those who post as furries or other less traditional avatars. Maybe that's because some of us have a harder time judging them? Or maybe it's just because we tend to be most interested in people who are like us.

I think everyone's efforts deserves praise. It takes strong nerves to put yourself out there, artistically.

I have some friends that look at the thread but won't try, though I believe they can do it.

Completely. And actually, I have seen a lot of newer people posting here recently, which is really great. One of the things I really like about this thread, apart from the lovely pics and the opportunity to be narcissistic, is the sense that this is a really welcoming, non-judgmental place to post. I hope that more people will see that they can put themselves forward here and be welcomed.

I love the risk takers.

Yessss. And that includes people who post here knowing that they don't have the technical skills, or the high-end computer, or whatever, to produce really polished pictures. I just like seeing people here, however "good" (again, whatever that means) their pics may or may not be

I totally agree with everything you said Scylla. I initially was concerned that using a metric like “likes” was propping some posts over others, and that from a “contest” point-of-view that there would be many who regularly post like Taya (Angelina String, who is a good friend) that for whatever the reason didn’t get a post included. I LOVE her posts and like so many other submissions on this thread and never wanted her or anyone to feel left out. That's why using the likes count kept my personal subjective feelings out of the equation.

I agree as well that with the popularity of this thread, breaking the 30+ likes today is much more likely than a year or even 6months ago. If you try to power through from page 2 onwards, it’s nearly 200-300 pages until Jeny’s first 30+ post (not withstanding page 1). Here is her post below...

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 1.04.56 AM.png

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I find it interesting that this picture got the most likes on the forums, the exact same picture is on my Flickr page, but there is doesn't even crack my top 25.

I know...right??? I can't really get too much traction on Flickr for my posts that scored well here either.  I think this thread is way more intimate and personal than Flickr, and we get to know one another here in a much more familia way. So, I think we root and support each other here that isn't  possible on Flickr...?? Would you agree?

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Saravendi said:

I know...right??? I can't really get too much traction on Flickr for my posts that scored well here either.  I think this thread is way more intimate and personal than Flickr, and we get to know one another here in a much more familia way. So, I think we root and support each other here that isn't  possible on Flickr...?? Would you agree?

It's much more personal here I agree. I do have a couple of friends that also support me on Flickr, but in general, the more followers you have collected and groups you post them in, the better your "score" on Flickr. There does seems to be overlap, the two pics you found from me here also did very well on Flickr, but then again, my highest here is just average there.

For me there's a difference in my forum and Flickr posts in that I usually only post the raw shots here, but on Flickr I will play around with Photoshop a lot.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Saravendi said:

As promised.... here is page 1 of this thread (30+) condensed together.

@Nostoll 32

@Annika Velde  33

@mQQnie  37 + 2

@Skell Dagger 31+1+1

@ForrestChild 39 + 1

page 1.jpg

YAY! I've always wanted to be on a list :D

Just for clarification, forrestchild is my main :P

Edited by MiakisTheUsagi
added content
  • Like 7

I get the sense that everyone who did FLF yesterday probably picked up the Pixicat yellow belted tee that was going. I certainly did, and even got one for Laskya: it's a really nice garment.

But I sort of surprised myself by buying, and sort of loving, the Blueberry tank that was also available. It's really not my usual deal, but it's beautifully made. It crept in under the radar, and caught me unawares.

Escalator_Blank.png

• Like 20

45 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I get the sense that everyone who did FLF yesterday probably picked up the Pixicat yellow belted tee that was going. I certainly did, and even got one for Laskya: it's a really nice garment.

But I sort of surprised myself by buying, and sort of loving, the Blueberry tank that was also available. It's really not my usual deal, but it's beautifully made. It crept in under the radar, and caught me unawares.

Escalator_Blank.png

Looks good! Blueberry rocks anyway - my 'go to' store........ :)

• Like 3