How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

On 4/27/2019 at 8:32 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

As a way of gauging the quality of pics, the likes are pretty meaningless. But as an index of how welcoming and supportive this little community is, they are actually kind of ok.

This ^^    I tend to give a 'like' to just about every photo.  When I've been away for many hours, I sometimes miss a few, but basically it is just my way of supporting everyone. 

Though, I will say that there are definitely more comments about the actual quality of the pictures than there used to be.  It used to be that the Vanity thread was more about quality and composure, with this thread being a bit more casual.  In many ways, that makes this thread a bit more intimidating to me, thus I don't post near as frequently as I used to.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:45 PM, Catrie said:

My AO does a lot of the work for me. lol  Most of my pics, the "pose" is actually my AO.  I just take a bunch of pics,go through them and find the one I like best.  Or, I watch the movements for a while, see which one I like best, and then take the shot from the angle I want.   It's haphazard and random, but it works really well on these types of dresses. lol 

Mine tend to be about 1/2 AO and half an actual pose, typically depending on where I'm at and how big of a hurry I am in.

On 4/27/2019 at 4:16 PM, Zeta Vandyke said:

If you have some money to spare, I would really buy the Anypose tool, its so easy to use and making your own poses for you pics is so much fun

I use this and Animare, but only for tweaking body positioning that really, really needs it -- i.e. get that hand out of my head/gut.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:03 PM, Michalya said:

I was wondering in view of this post and just as an observer (don’t shoot the messenger) is it possible that people vote more for avi’s they know rather than the quality of some of the posts.

I tend to "like" most pics here whether I know the avi or not, regardless of the actual photo quality.  If I happen to notice an avi name that I'm not familiar with, I usually make sure I give the "like" as a way of welcoming them to the thread.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Back to school

backtoschool.thumb.jpg.db0391a60e10a77d4d2d751bcde5d0dc.jpg

backtoschool2.thumb.jpg.4156f076f876fa092d4172c815c39016.jpg

backtoschool1.thumb.jpg.89cd259b6ee7c3e9d96da7bfd49a1293.jpg

Think I finally got a decent joint between the head & body - in most windlights it is almost invisible (the photos above is unretouched). Guess Genus have to take the blame for the rest...

Have been thinking of making a decent HUD/applier and release this skin for sale - but not sure if I want anybody else out there too look exactly like me - lol! Would have been fun to see how it looks on other shapes though :D

• Like 21

New Logo head Mae. I wasn't going to buy it for my main but for $500L I couldn't resist because I'm a head whore.

It's a bit young looking for me, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it overall but after I tweaked it a bit I liked it better. Certainly is worth the money and for anyone looking to finally take the dive into their first bento head this is a good choice since it comes with the HUD, which will work with all of their other heads if you ever decide to expand your horizons.

All the pix I took were off the cuff and done just as throw aways so here's one of the silliest of them. 😋

kiss_001.png

• Like 19

42 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

New Logo head Mae. I wasn't going to buy it for my main but for $500L I couldn't resist because I'm a head whore.

It's a bit young looking for me, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it overall but after I tweaked it a bit I liked it better. Certainly is worth the money and for anyone looking to finally take the dive into their first bento head this is a good choice since it comes with the HUD, which will work with all of their other heads if you ever decide to expand your horizons.

All the pix I took were off the cuff and done just as throw aways so here's one of the silliest of them. 😋

kiss_001.png

It's cute! But yes, I see what you mean by young.

Love the outfit btw! And for a quickie pic, this is pretty darned good!

• Like 5

On 4/26/2019 at 3:37 PM, Saravendi said:

I know...right??? I can't really get too much traction on Flickr for my posts that scored well here either.  I think this thread is way more intimate and personal than Flickr, and we get to know one another here in a much more familia way. So, I think we root and support each other here that isn't  possible on Flickr...?? Would you agree?

Flickr has so many images flowing through I probably only see a small percentage. Following 1.4k... Of course we only click on those we see...

Some of the Flickr images have a load of favs, views, or both. Those with high numbers seems to have lots of followers and post in many groups. 

Those Flickr peeps that do avatar images I find outstanding I post a comment and point them here.

7 hours ago, Sagadin said:

High key me.

The skull choker maybe balances out all of the pink.

saga-1203.jpg

I love the eyes. I think it all works well together very well.

...and those LIKES... they mean something... someone did decide to click. I doubt we can ever know what they mean. My clicks vary depending on my mood. Some I like the color, others the composition, some the emotion, or the person is just; cute, sexy, exotic, elegant, shapely, studly...  The flat 2D-ish without shadows or contrast I tend not to click on nor on dark stern looking ones... some of them are good photos they just don't fit my taste. 

I figure a click is some kind of positive feedback... even if we aren't sure what is meant... we can pretty much infer whatever we want.

In general this group is kind and encouraging. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, wait. You made that skin??????

Where do you go to learn how to make skins and huds??? It's way beyond me but like mesh once was, maybe if I read the manual (RTFM), I'd be in with a chance...…….O.o

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Flickr has so many images flowing through I probably only see a small percentage. Following 1.4k... Of course we only click on those we see...

Some of the Flickr images have a load of favs, views, or both. Those with high numbers seems to have lots of followers and post in many groups. 

Those Flickr peeps that do avatar images I find outstanding I post a comment and point them here.

I love the eyes. I think it all works well together very well.

...and those LIKES... they mean something... someone did decide to click. I doubt we can ever know what they mean. My clicks vary depending on my mood. Some I like the color, others the composition, some the emotion, or the person is just; cute, sexy, exotic, elegant, shapely, studly...  The flat 2D-ish without shadows or contrast I tend not to click on nor on dark stern looking ones... some of them are good photos they just don't fit my taste. 

I figure a click is some kind of positive feedback... even if we aren't sure what is meant... we can pretty much infer whatever we want.

In general this group is kind and encouraging. 

The thing we have here, is like a collaborative cooperative...…(big words for me 9_9), but I agree that likes do mean something, it's like a thumbs up. I wish we had a double like...…...

Flickr is good, but doesn't embed what we enjoy here. I was scrolling through some of the SL flickr pages last night, and some of the images are just Wow!!!!!, but I reckon a lot of the posters work alone, without a community like we have here...…...

Long may it continue!

• Like 3

logged on in forum and seet my pic have 21 likes,wow. -Hugs forum-

p.s i do not see any reason to discuss the likes thingy,i just believe that all of us not click like randomly, and ones,who are not able to make professional pics (even me) are do their best and wanna show their avi look)

Edited by Klaineanderson
  • Like 6