How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

3 hours ago, Catrie said:

Thanks. lol I've started to use actual poses now, as it's preventing all my pics looking the same. lol  It helps that FoxCity usually has a set for sale during the Saturday Sale each week. lol   

If you have some money to spare, I would really buy the Anypose tool, its so easy to use and making your own poses for you pics is so much fun

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Zeta Vandyke said:

If you have some money to spare, I would really buy the Anypose tool, its so easy to use and making your own poses for you pics is so much fun

I might get that later.  For now, I'll just buy my poses from you.  lol  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Very true, some people have a lot who clearly don't deserve  it

I was wondering in view of this post and just as an observer (don’t shoot the messenger) is it possible that people vote more for avi’s they know rather than the quality of some of the posts.

I could be talking through my hat but looking through pages and pages (sleeplessness has a lot to answer for) I would sort of agree with  what the poster said. 

51 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Very cool pic, Taya! Did you use the Phototools filter for the video effect?

Er . . . and who's the guy???? 😉

Added this one to a layer on top of the original picture, blending mode set to "Overlay". Converted background layer (org. picture) to B&W with some added monochromatic noise and saved the result as .jpg...

survcam2.thumb.jpg.b6532947cb4317af3852955c58f5dbb4.jpg

And I  don't - ehem ... - kiss & tell :P

Snapshot_2031_cr.thumb.jpg.3b0cc08b5c82de5f955bd7469927d118.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Michalya said:

I was wondering in view of this post and just as an observer (don’t shoot the messenger) is it possible that people vote more for avi’s they know rather than the quality of some of the posts.

I could be talking through my hat but looking through pages and pages (sleeplessness has a lot to answer for) I would sort of agree with  what the poster said. 

Personally, I'm generous with my likes. As I said before, putting yourself 'out there' is a risk.. I personally feel risk should be rewarded. I'll like new posters posts, if for no other reason, to encourage them to post again. As a metric, it's meaningless. As a reward for risk taking, it's priceless.

I see, as I look at the thread, a very tangible generosity of spirit. Whether it's encouragement, advice and tips for photo taking or just marveling at what posters here come up with. It's a fun thread. I don't know what it was like before I started looking at it, but that's what I've seen so far.

I love the different looks and variety of avatars we have in SL It's like dream barbie, monster factory and cartoon playhouse got together and had a million mutant babies.

I hope no one ever posts here and feels so discouraged that they won't post again. We all lose when that happens.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Personally, I'm generous with my likes. As I said before, putting yourself 'out there' is a risk.. I personally feel risk should be rewarded. I'll like new posters posts, if for no other reason, to encourage them to post again. As a metric, it's meaningless. As a reward for risk taking, it's priceless.

I see, as I look at the thread, a very tangible generosity of spirit. Whether it's encouragement, advice and tips for photo taking or just marveling at what posters here come up with. It's a fun thread. I don't know what it was like before I started looking at it, but that's what I've seen so far.

I love the different looks and variety of avatars we have in SL It's like dream barbie, monster factory and cartoon playhouse got together and had a million mutant babies.

I hope no one ever posts here and feels so discouraged that they won't post again. We all lose when that happens.

All of this. Especially the bits I've bolded, but all of it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Can the anypose pad be rezzed anywhere?

Everywhere where you have rez rights. But you can also do live posing without rezzing the pad. This works best when using a predefined pose (or sit on furniture) and then edit that pose live with the Anyposer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Everywhere where you have rez rights. But you can also do live posing without rezzing the pad. This works best when using a predefined pose (or sit on furniture) and then edit that pose live with the Anyposer.

That makes it tempting........I need to reprioritise yet again!! ;)

• Like 1