How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

So Belinda went shopping yesterday for ages......and bought stuff for us all. I managed to grab some time at Zennessa's studio earlier and experimented with backgrounds.

I'm not a big fan of white to be honest, I like something there!

Anyway, Hair is Mina Sigrid, Dress is ISON Turtleneck side laced in fuschia, Shoes are Essenz Peru. 9_9

I quite like the matching background, and I didn't expect to!

SL13.png

SL12.png

SL11.png

• Like 23

Based on a poem

The moon is shining
The skies are grey
And in the shadows
An empty grave

It's cold and dark
She's all alone
So lost and frozen
Right through her bones

But in her stomach
A hunger rears
A twisted craving
For mothers' tears

For fathers' screams
For people's fears
For horrid dreams
And wicked cheers

The flesh of children
Shall be her feast
For now, in death
She serves the beast
~ Orwar Furlgrimr

She serves the Beast.1.png

• Like 25

Breaking News

It has come to the attention of The Agency that a small number of undisclosed replicants, known as Alts, are infiltrating the Community Forums. Agent Smith has been instructed to investigate, and if possible, to round them up and bring them in. Enquiries are continuing, and several suspects have been detained and questioned.

Intelligence reports suggested that a replicant might be holed up in a derelict building at Lutz City, where Agent Smith staked out the place overnight. We await further news on developments there. If you suspect that anyone might be an undisclosed replicant, you should immediately notify The Agency, who will despatch additional Agent Smiths into the field.

SL12.png

SL11.png

• Like 12
  • Haha 10

23 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Though, I will say that there are definitely more comments about the actual quality of the pictures than there used to be.  It used to be that the Vanity thread was more about quality and composure, with this thread being a bit more casual.  In many ways, that makes this thread a bit more intimidating to me, thus I don't post near as frequently as I used to.

Ok, that's unfortunate. And if a hardened veteran of the forums like yourself is "intimidated," I worry about those who haven't been around as long.

Again, I come back to the idea of a separate, parallel or companion thread in the Art, Music, and Photography subforum. Maybe if we weren't talking so much about photography here, but focusing exclusively on the avatars pics, it would be a more inviting place for those who are not particularly interested in becoming virtuoso photographers?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Klaineanderson said:

logged on in forum and seet my pic have 21 likes,wow. -Hugs forum-

p.s i do not see any reason to discuss the likes thingy,i just believe that all of us not click like randomly, and ones,who are not able to make professional pics (even me) are do their best and wanna show their avi look)

Sooooo . . . does that mean we get to see some more of your pics soon? ☺️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, wait. You made that skin??????

The skin I'm wearing (feels weird to say it like that  - lol) on my pictures after April 21. is a skin I'm making, yes. Not to be mixed up with the fantastic skin from IT--Girls I was wearing in my first photos here - my goal is to get to that level of perfection, but that might take years :D

Still a way to go - but I like it :

thoughts.thumb.jpg.a13ffda5dbdb520791afd7aaa8ee3484.jpg

• Like 22

The Hyad

Looking back at that picture, I realised I haven't done any rain effects for a long while... So I did a shoot and made me some rain.

• Like 19

1 minute ago, KaiaWang said:

The skin I'm wearing (feels weird to say it like that  - lol) on my pictures after April 21. is a skin I'm making, yes. Not to be mixed up with the fantastic skin from IT--Girls I was wearing in my first photos here - my goal is to get to that level of perfection, but that might take years :D

Still a way to go - but I like it :

Wow. Impressive!

And yes, I like it too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Where do you go to learn how to make skins and huds??? It's way beyond me but like mesh once was, maybe if I read the manual (RTFM), I'd be in with a chance...…….O.o

I've got training as a graphic designer working with Illustrator & Photoshop - the whole skin-making thing is a quite involved process.

I paste and blend elements from photos of skin, use different brushes with skin texture patterns, and paint with highlights and shadows on different layers, all inside a deformed grid/UV Maps that fits onto the 3D Genus head.

skinmaking.png.65363205a6a9d857158415039ce8a559.png

The HUDs are easier, you get all you need in the developer kit from Genus. I build a prim and drop some ready made scripts in it, have no clue on how to write scripts/program.  Then I have to make a nice texture to put on the box/HUD, at the moment my HUD for this skin is just some white squares - lol

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's cute! But yes, I see what you mean by young.

Love the outfit btw! And for a quickie pic, this is pretty darned good!

The outfit is by RKKN, available at The Ephiphany current round. Love the pieces - really nice jeans, poets shirts and vests and all the tops come with a HUD to change the color.  RKKN is actually Neva Crysall, who is also Nutmeg (home stuff) and also has a sim of rentals, Neva Estates. Very moody looking, beautifully landscaped and full of great decorating ideas. Fantastic for photo ops. 

And yea I took a bunch of totally stupid pix using a HUD called "Naughty" that I bought a while ago. It's really meant to be used topless but you know, this forum has rulez of some sort, or another still, I think? 🙈 So I just jumped on a bed with it instead lol

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

The outfit is by RKKN, available at The Ephiphany current round. Love the pieces - really nice jeans, poets shirts and vests and all the tops come with a HUD to change the color.

Yes, I bought it, purely on the basis of how great it looked on you. In fact, I bought two versions. Unfortunately, it's not made for Physique. Both the Maitreya and Hourglass versions mostly work on my Physique body, but I probably can't wear it out without something covering the back of my shoulders. That's fine, actually: I want it mostly for photos anyway, and it was surprisingly cheap.

I am, however, beginning to seriously consider buying a Maitreya Lara body -- not as a permanent replacement for my Physique, but just for occasional use so that I have a few more options clothing-wise. 90% of the time, the things I want are available for Physique, but sometimes that other 10% . . . hurts.

RKKN is actually Neva Crysall, who is also Nutmeg (home stuff) and also has a sim of rentals, Neva Estates. Very moody looking, beautifully landscaped and full of great decorating ideas. Fantastic for photo ops.

Cool! Thank you, I'll check it out!

And yea I took a bunch of totally stupid pix using a HUD called "Naughty" that I bought a while ago. It's really meant to be used topless but you know, this forum has rulez of some sort, or another still, I think? 🙈 So I just jumped on a bed with it instead lol

Well, THAT sounds a bit intriguing . . . !

• Like 2