Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

On 12/28/2018 at 10:42 AM, BelindaN said:

Nice to be back in world after three days...........................

And so much to unpack.........

Hair is FH2 Rapunzel; Dress is Absolut Vendetta strapless mini - Leather; Shoes are ROC Lace up Platforms.........

QUESTION? is there an overall size limit to my attachments? I'm getting a prompt that I'm nearly up to my limit????

(I know about the individual GIF size limit)

SLVideo4.gif

Yes. 38.

That is 38 total. They can be spread over all the attachment points or all on one. However, attachments points with a load of attachments can be a problem. Make sure you change mesh attachments to use a point  other than the default Right-Hand. 

When I buy a new whatever I check its attachment point. For mesh jewelry, tops, pants, shoes, everything I check and reattach to a more appropriate Attachment Point. Then I make whatever copies I need as they will have my change.

The SL Wiki has all sorts of interesting information and is REALLY boring reading... For the various SL limits see http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Limits

There is discussion in User Group meetings about upping the number of possible attachments. The combination of avatar and HUD attachments used with mesh heads and hands is driving up the number people want to use at one time. I suspect we will get an increase at some point. But, avatars are already a significant performance factor in SL. Animesh attachments are likely to increase that (think adding a baby or pet - or is that being redundant?) for more. Bakes On Mesh is coming but I think it will ne attachment neutral.

I also suspect the increased attachments number will likely be for Premium Members...

• Thanks 4

On 12/28/2018 at 3:11 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

ETA: I'll be damned - the linked picture is over 6 mb.  I'll have to start doing this in the future instead of creating a copy image in jpg format just for the forums.  Sometimes I am truly brain-dead.  I should have thought of that before.

Da Vinci Gardens 1

We've all been there...

I so often over thenk things and make them ay more complicated than needed.

On 12/28/2018 at 5:22 PM, Alyona Su said:

Haha! Thank you! That's pretty much what I was going for in that look. :)  And that was an animation, capturing that exact pose in it took a helluvalot of tries!

I know, right? It felt weird clicking that button sating "Yes, this is a game" LOL

I get frustrated trying to capture that 'just right' picture. I'll video the sequence. Than edit it can grab the still I want in the video edit. I can pick the exact frame. But, it does limit my image size.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:13 AM, Talligurl said:

We all started where you are, the key to getting better,   get out there and make pictures.

I watch lots of YouTube tutorials...

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

These are great action shots! How on earth do you take nice pics while your avatar is moving??????

Very carefully! My first attempt snapped myself just as I was climbing up onto some beach I didn't know what there! Then I moved to a big open area in Blake Sea and tried again. I angled downward to hide the partially-rezzed islands in the background.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Rifles are for the Establishment.

Real revolutionaries use pitchforks and knitting needles.

And maybe nipple clamps.

Really, really tight ones.

! Maybe?

Goes shopping for pitchforks and knitting needles then ALL SET!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Or just check out the post-Xmas sales on the MP?

Hmmmmm.

(/me checks my L$ balance . . .)

Might I recommend Littlefish nipple add-on? (In the spirit of #FreeTheNipple, of course.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Rifles are for the Establishment.

Real revolutionaries use pitchforks and knitting needles.

And maybe nipple clamps.

Really, really tight ones.

You know I'm the Admiral of a sailing ship navy that regularly fights pirates in SL. 

*opens the weapons locker and begins to hand out cutlasses* 

Could we use cannons?  I could spare a few small ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Amanda Dallin said:

You know I'm the Admiral of a sailing ship navy that regularly fights pirates in SL. 

Damn the steam! Full torpedoes ahead!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

!

Goes shopping for pitchforks and knitting needles then ALL SET!

Wait... does it have the be clamps? Are clothespins not allowed?

Clamps, clothespins, chopstick clamps.. Whatever you got..

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Amanda Dallin said:

Well, as a Canadian of half-English ancestry, I should probably quietly purloin those cannon and have them sent to Sir Guy Carleton at Quebec.

However, the call of Sisterhood (and Nipple Liberty) supersedes the considerations of mere nationalistic chauvinism.

And thus shall we reply to all Tyranny with the mouths of our cannon and our iron balls!

Er. Iron nipples.

Whatever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you like WoW Skins and have wanted to join the group, but didn't like the group join fee, it has been reduced to L$1 today.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

1509982525_HerSolidGoldYear.thumb.jpg.11ae780c232f6a5223bcd34929c9e07e.jpg

Free pose prop from {NANTRA}, just hit the subscribo. (Shameful plug: I'm also the gal in the red dress for the ad =~.^=)

And the pose prop can be used by just one person.  There are no pose balls to derender or turn invisible - just hit the Swap button of the menu to change which pose you are on.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

Happy NY to all on the forums who are so helpful and supportive, wish you all the best from Bonny Scotland. 

And from me. 40 minutes into 2019 and falling asleep already!!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

And from me. 40 minutes into 2019 and falling asleep already!!

I've still got almost 6 hours to go, yet I'm already tired.  Was up late with the kids because they all flew home today, but then had to get up at 5:30 to take my daughter and her husband to the airport.  I'm going to be struggling to make midnight.

• Like 3

My pizza was in the oven from 2018 to 2019. And it didn't burn!

Bildresultat för it's a miracle meme

• Like 3
  • Haha 17

No matter how many ups and downs I had in 2018, this year ended wonderfully.  Here's hoping 2019 is a great year for us all!  Happy New Years to all!

New Years_001 (2).png

• Like 16

Bah, humbug!  As far as I can see, 2019 looks and feels just like 2018.  What is this "New Year" you are all on about?

marketing-curmudgeon.png.5b55e3267c60a9ba2f727835ebf1e120.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9