How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. It looks like an old Victorian peepshow postcard!

(But yeesh. Yoga much?????)

Haha! Thank you! That's pretty much what I was going for in that look. :)  And that was an animation, capturing that exact pose in it took a helluvalot of tries!

I'm penning a letter to Microsoft right now!

"Second Life is NOT A GAME!!!!!"

I know, right? It felt weird clicking that button sating "Yes, this is a game" LOL

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

With a quill pen, on vellum parchment?

Actually... Yes, please!

No need to be mean. Microsoft has feelings too.

Tell that to the Justice Department. Bahahaha, wait, they don't have any feeling, either. 😕

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Damn girl, you are getting very good at this.

I AGREE!!!

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes - A total of 4.88 mb for all types of files you attach to a post:

image.png.697c7d65828749fe3677b6188a5a994c.png

Wait - if you insert an image or other "document" that is hosted at another location, then it is only a reference and shouldn't count for anything. Only uploaded attachment count against that, to my understanding. Unless these forums work differently from every single other I have ever used. ???

4 hours ago, BelindaN said:

So do you link the image from Flickr?

I have tried to link from Flickr, but I have never been successful; there is not "direct" link to those images. I save my snapshots to disk, do some post-processing then I upload them to CloudApp (getcloudapp.com) - it automatically saves a "direct link" to my clipboard, which I then paste into my forum posts (and the referenced image is then displayed, not actually uploaded to the forum) - then when I get around to it, I'll upload those to my Flickr separately. Once in a while, I'll do the Flickr first (reward for following me? LOL)

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

capturing that exact pose in it took a helluvalot of tries!

In case you didn't know - under Developer / Avatar / Animation Speed you can slow down the animations making it easier to capture a single portion of it.

52 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Wait - if you insert an image or other "document" that is hosted at another location, then it is only a reference and shouldn't count for anything. Only uploaded attachment count against that, to my understanding.

You are correct - see my followup post.  Not sure why it never dawned on me before to just link to the picture.  The forum software embeds the image but file size restrictions no longer apply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got home from clubbing ..and dancing to the music in my head (Gimme Three Steps by Lynyrd Skynyrd) and wondering how in the hell am I going to get up those stairs so I can go to bed!!!.

https://gyazo.com/056caa19d95efc6857634d2c21ffc9f7 https://i.gyazo.com/056caa19d95efc6857634d2c21ffc9f7.mp4

Edited by Walelu Summerwind
gif didn't look good, so make a quick youtube
  • Like 12
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

Just got home from clubbing ..and dancing to the music in my head (Gimme Three Steps by Lynyrd Skynyrd) and wondering how in the hell am I going to get up those stairs so I can go to bed!!!.

https://gyazo.com/056caa19d95efc6857634d2c21ffc9f7 https://i.gyazo.com/056caa19d95efc6857634d2c21ffc9f7.mp4

I did something similar when I was in college in RL.  Thank God no one had a camera.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.58.53 PM.png

Everyone is doing such great work and the bar is rising higher...! @Alyona Su, the ballerina in B&W on the Lutz stage is amazing, @Scylla Rhiadra that last post was sooo good, and @Angelina String Over the last month I'm in love with everything your posting! Just sayin xxx ~Sara

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

THEN & NOW....

OMG, wow...ahem, ok..well, that was my newbie try and well, the whole thing was a mess...LOL!!! What really amazes me is that I see some of the newer girls/guys that come onto this thread and it's just inspiring how quickly they get going and looking fantastic! Anyone else (be brave lol)? HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019!

xxx ~ Sara 

1384344316_SARABA.thumb.jpg.175ac8021f8f9f00b879dd0e0cae7f7e.jpg

• Like 12

14 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Practice makes perfect.

Bringing love and warmth to cold, crusty, long-dead old stage theatre.

Lutz%20Theatre%202.jpg

Lutz%20Theatre%201.jpg

Lutz%20Theatre%20500.gif

Old theatre at Lutz. And such amazing detail - look at the far right of the animation: you can see the shadows of the stage lights against the wall.

This whole series is great! Thanks for pointing out the shadows on the walls responding to your dance, just amazing! The first photo is one of my favs and the color palette between you and the theater is perfect! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.58.53 PM.png

Everyone is doing such great work and the bar is rising higher...! @Alyona Su, the ballerina in B&W on the Lutz stage is amazing, @Scylla Rhiadra that last post was sooo good, and @Angelina String Over the last month I'm in love with everything your posting! Just sayin xxx ~Sara

You are very kind, that you. I think, for me, it's really a matter of experimenting a lot. Having flexible processing software genuinely helps in that regard.

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In case you didn't know - under Developer / Avatar / Animation Speed you can slow down the animations making it easier to capture a single portion of it.

You are correct - see my followup post.  Not sure why it never dawned on me before to just link to the picture.  The forum software embeds the image but file size restrictions no longer apply.

I totally forgot about that slo0w-animations (I remember a Torley Linden video about it way back) - though I never could understand why anyone would want to do it (until now) as I wasn't doing a lot of snapshotting then. So out-of-sight, out-of-mind!

Yes, though the material is embedded, it's still referenced, so if the original ever goes offline (delete, for example) then that image or document in the post will turn into a "cracked icon". :D

5 hours ago, Saravendi said:

This whole [Ballet at Lutz Theatre] series is great! Thanks for pointing out the shadows on the walls responding to your dance, just amazing! The first photo is one of my favs and the color palette between you and the theater is perfect! 

Thank you! I was just exploring Luts and saw this great big building and didn't know what it was so I cammed inside. That's when the idea struck me and I thought it would make a great "mood contrast": Modern ballerina on a decrepit old stage in a "ghost theatre". I've done ballet (hardly professional) and I could';t decide how much detail to show when looking from the stage into the house (because it's amazing!) - and when on stage in bright lights you can barely see the house, so I decided I wanted to mimic that look. Then I thought "contrast" between new and old, why not go black and white to highlight that, too? :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Windywinters said:

very happy to see your partner and you reunited ( my partner is offline for 6 days,ugh,miss him already)

We used to get online together every day,  then his RL  work switched him to a  night shift, so our schedules don't really match up at all. I just pretend he is  in the Army stationed in Afghanistan

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

YAY!!!!!

If I ever knew this, I had certainly forgotten it! Great tip, Lil!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1