Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

As a sort of treat for myself, I've decided to inflict this self-indulgence upon you all: a simple, unadorned, unplanned, and unprocessed head shot (in black and white, because I'm really incapable of leaving well enough alone).

It's a bit bleh, but it felt nice just snapping it. Sometimes, a simple Polaroid feels just right.

New-Berlin-Head-Shot-B&W - Blank.png

I think you captured here that simple 'real life' shot you were trying for earlier in the thread. Expression, lighting, eye focus all say 'candid shot' imo.

Lovely pic.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The black and white closeup is really good, but this is one where I think the colour adds a LOT. The tones (and light and shadow) in this shot are absolutely breathtaking.

Thank you! I'm not very happy with either of them. The reason I went with black and white on the closeup is that the foliage in the background was causing too much distraction; it was looking a bit chaotic. I wasn't really in a "snapshotting mode" when I did those, so it is my goal to do something better along the same theme today (Traditional Chinese dress in a garden setting). :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, anniepany said:

I love the shadow play on this, nicely done! So, I'm guessing butts are ok. That's good to know!

We can thank @Talligurl - she took the bold leap and it inspired me. LOL

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

We can thank @Talligurl - she took the bold leap and it inspired me. LOL

The rule is "no bits showing" not "no butts showing" LOL

• Haha 3

On 12/29/2018 at 9:23 PM, Saravendi said:

Your skin looks great... what is it? I also think if you could change your graphics settings to Ultra (in Firestorm), it would solve the pixelation on your hair. But, lovely set regardless ;)

It's Skinnery toffee, and I just love how it looks!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Saravendi said:

1102618014_SARA1229.thumb.jpg.e30345e6065aa3c56d5769926f01b200.jpg

See you guys next year!!! I'm looking forward to getting a fun get together with the Forum Angels! There are some fantastic group photos on Flickr and we should start a meet up every such and such a day per month- just an idea. Love to you all 😘

XXXX

~ Sara

Yeah and the same from me to you all........it's only been eight months for me, but after a slow start its been a real whirlwind of fun. Plenty more to look forward to in 2019, and it's all thanks to the forum and the people on it!!!!!! :)

• Like 5

i wanna thank all people who supported me here and wsh you all the best in new 2019 year!

In 2018 i had so much stress,drama,health issues that i never had in past 5 years of my sl.I thank my ex Mercury for good experience and for new me, i totally forgive you dear and hope he is in better place .I thank my ex gf for all the support she still gives me when i need it,even after not very nice break up we are still friends.I feel  so free and easy,so i m sure that i go to 2019 as new person.  *HUGS forum*

Snapshot_002.png

• Like 14

For S and G's - playing with new Sail Board

Sail%20Board%201.png

Sail%20Board%202.png

Bahahaha! Just noticed SL glitchiness: these are not moth holes; they are the "flowers" that are turned off. Ugh. But it's funny, so gonna leave it.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 12

Not much time left for me today before New Years Eve kicks off!!! It's now 1600hrs here.

But since we're doing head & shoulders just now, here's one which shows my Skinnery Toffee skin at its best....... I don't see me ever changing this skin....... :)

I'm not normally this serious.........haha!

Secondlife09.jpg

• Like 15

25 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Celebrating - It is also my 11th rez day 

Happy Rez Day! 

• Like 3

Forget that "Peacehaven" one, *this* is an accurate Chinese Garden if you're interested in visiting, very well done: "Chinese Garden for Peace" (Region: Qoheleth):

Chinese%20Garden%201.jpg

Chinese%20Garden%202.jpg

Chinese%20Garden%203.jpg

It is SL; no need to be in traditional or any Chinese or Asian outfit! 

EDIT to add this: to show you how my pictures cannot do it justice:

Snapshot-Qoheleth-20181231-0852_001.png

My pictures were near the small pond ("Navy Blue" rooftops at the right) - and shooting away from the main garden
(The giant Pagoda was behind the camera) :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 12

45 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Celebrating - It is also my 11th rez day (No I was not bored on New Year's Eve -- I was a MORNING baby :D)

Happy Rez Day!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

I think you captured here that simple 'real life' shot you were trying for earlier in the thread. Expression, lighting, eye focus all say 'candid shot' imo.

Lovely pic.

Thanks, Roxy!

Serendipity. I was fiddling with something while my AO cycled through on my screen, and I thought . . . that looks nice.

I sometimes (a lot) over-complicate things.

3 hours ago, Talligurl said:

The rule is "no bits showing" not "no butts showing" LOL

Liberate the butt? That's a battle won. Kudos to our brave pioneers who led the charge!

But that was yesterday.

Tomorrow? FREE THE NIPPLE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Panteleeva said:

i wanna thank all people who supported me here and wsh you all the best in new 2019 year!

In 2018 i had so much stress,drama,health issues that i never had in past 5 years of my sl.I thank my ex Mercury for good experience and for new me, i totally forgive you dear and hope he is in better place .I thank my ex gf for all the support she still gives me when i need it,even after not very nice break up we are still friends.I feel  so free and easy,so i m sure that i go to 2019 as new person.  *HUGS forum*

Snapshot_002.png

I've enjoyed your pics here, Panteleeva. It's really been lovely getting to know you and others here! Thank you for being part of what makes this a really lovely place hang out!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

For S and G's - playing with new Sail Board

Sail%20Board%201.png

Sail%20Board%202.png

Bahahaha! Just noticed SL glitchiness: these are not moth holes; they are the "flowers" that are turned off. Ugh. But it's funny, so gonna leave it.

These are great action shots! How on earth do you take nice pics while your avatar is moving??????

• Like 2

This isn't from today, but I had to snap a pic with my sister since our schedules are crazy and sometimes only get to see each other once a week, if we're lucky.

sisters.jpg

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

I thought we already fought the law and the law won..

Yeah. The law usually does, doesn't it?

Should we gird our loins, and ungird our chests, for a new onslaught? Mount the barricades once more with our battered and bruised, but defiant, breasts, and protest this terrible injustice?

Or just check out the post-Xmas sales on the MP?

Hmmmmm.

(/me checks my L$ balance . . .)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Or just check out the post-Xmas sales on the MP?

Hmmmmm.

(/me checks my L$ balance . . .)

I wonder if there are any sales on French flags and rifles

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I wonder if there are any sales on French flags and rifles

Rifles are for the Establishment.

Real revolutionaries use pitchforks and knitting needles.

And maybe nipple clamps.

Really, really tight ones.

• Like 2