How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Some things worn (credits below the picture).

2018-12-30_pose.thumb.jpg.017b5004a7ba9b67b9555e4443dc7d34.jpg

Head: Genus "Baby Face", with skin which came with the head
Eye lashes: LIVIA - Snowy Lashes (free at time of writing)
Hair: Stealthic - Jealousy
Earrings: LIVIA - Lovely Heart Earring (free at time of writing)
Necklace: MG - Mama Owl with Baby Owlets
Jacket: Blueberry - Kimi Jacket

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, GoSpeed Racer said:

Playing with a mesh hed demo. I think I need a head that will allow me to keep my rounded face.

Bento head DEMO so far.jpg

It's really tough keeping your look.  Took me a long time before I was happy and only Genus did it for me.............

Oh I had  lot of fun trying though!!!

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

It's really tough keeping your look.  Took me a long time before I was happy and only Genus did it for me.............

Oh I had  lot of fun trying though!!!

Yes.  I went through a lot of demos before I found LeLutka Simone got close to my system head look.  I've had the same shape and basic look since 2006 and I'm rather attached too it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GoSpeed Racer said:

Playing with a mesh hed demo. I think I need a head that will allow me to keep my rounded face.

Bento head DEMO so far.jpg

The trick is finding a head that not only starts with a similar shape, but it also needs to be one that's responsive enough to sliders that you can mould it close enough to what you want. As a quick example, looking from your system head to the LAQ head, I would suggest beginning by playing with the following sliders:

• lower eye (your system eyes have a deeper lower lid curve)
  • nostril width (your system head is narrower at that point, but that could be the angle of the photo) - I'd also angle the nose tip down just a little and reduce the nose-tip slider (can't recall the exact name of it without being logged-in; it's the one that changes how bulbous the end of your nose is) - ETA: just logged in to check. It's the 'nose tip shape' slider
  • lip width needs pulling in, plus upper lip sliders to change the cupid's bow and height of the outer upper lips
  • You can also use the brow shaper (in your system hair slider settings) to change the angle and arch of your brows
Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Butt (pun intended) - this one is new... (Peacehaven in Region "Ocean of the Orchards")

Peacehaven%201.jpg

The black and white closeup is really good, but this is one where I think the colour adds a LOT. The tones (and light and shadow) in this shot are absolutely breathtaking.

• Like 2

As a sort of treat for myself, I've decided to inflict this self-indulgence upon you all: a simple, unadorned, unplanned, and unprocessed head shot (in black and white, because I'm really incapable of leaving well enough alone).

It's a bit bleh, but it felt nice just snapping it. Sometimes, a simple Polaroid feels just right.

New-Berlin-Head-Shot-B&W - Blank.png

• Like 19

NOTE: First off...I worked very hard to blur the S@%& out of my nipple... (OMG...I seriously can't believe that I'm having to justify the "blur and pixelation" of the said nipple/breast area)! BTW- what was hard, was trying to keep the artistic nature of the photo intact without having to revert to a redacted black bar or worse a pastie...Ugh...🤯

Happy New Year Everybody!! 🎉

It's been a crazy year and a great year for me in SL! A special THANK YOU to everyone who engaged in this forum. I just am so appreciative of your  likes, comments and information you have all shared with me to help me improve. Still sooooo much to learn and so excited to see what 2019 will bring. 

901197092_SRAR1230blurred.thumb.jpg.def199af8e997829ff45cc5fbe84d1d9.jpg

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 17

1102618014_SARA1229.thumb.jpg.e30345e6065aa3c56d5769926f01b200.jpg

See you guys next year!!! I'm looking forward to getting a fun get together with the Forum Angels! There are some fantastic group photos on Flickr and we should start a meet up every such and such a day per month- just an idea. Love to you all 😘

XXXX

~ Sara

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

As a sort of treat for myself, I've decided to inflict this self-indulgence upon you all: a simple, unadorned, unplanned, and unprocessed head shot (in black and white, because I'm really incapable of leaving well enough alone).

It's a bit bleh, but it felt nice just snapping it. Sometimes, a simple Polaroid feels just right.

New-Berlin-Head-Shot-B&W - Blank.png

I think you captured here that simple 'real life' shot you were trying for earlier in the thread. Expression, lighting, eye focus all say 'candid shot' imo.

Lovely pic.

• Like 8