How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

7 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

It's snowing!

This is so cute! And the red contrasts with the soft blue background well; classic example of perspective using colour.  Well done. :D 

If I may ask where did you get your shoes and jumper? It's so hard finding winter clothing that doesn't make one look like a... um... well, a Moll (or Mole as we Aussies call them. Sorry LDPW! 😆)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorting some older outfits. The nope dress and hair. The dress just looks meh, the hair texture though. 🙄 Crunchy.

The heavy eyeball shading is odd but effective with this style of lower liner/accent lashes to add to the droopy eye look. 

BBD464E6-75CE-4ED5-86B6-5C4D04CDF959.png

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Still in denial of winter

But why? You could just as well embrace it, and go bathing in a wood-fired tub; the contrasting sensation of the icy air above the surface against the warm water is amazing. Or you could do the traditional sauna and dip in a frozen lake. Or just roll in the snow. It's so good!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

This is so cute! And the red contrasts with the soft blue background well; classic example of perspective using colour.  Well done. :D 

If I may ask where did you get your shoes and jumper? It's so hard finding winter clothing that doesn't make one look like a... um... well, a Moll (or Mole as we Aussies call them. Sorry LDPW! 😆)

Thank you, Rae! You are very kind.

The boots are from Coco and the jumper is from Bleich. Coco has a lot of winter clothes that aren't Moll-y. LOL!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"Will you sign up, Johnnie? Will you serve the King?"

Here I am wearing an entirely unexpected but really lovely Christmas present from @Alyona Su! Thank you Alyona! (The young men marching to war also send their gratitude!)

Thank you for showing a picture of it, it's gorgeous. :) Even more so that I thought it would be (because those thumbnails are dinky and hard to see.)

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Thank you for showing a picture of it, it's gorgeous. :) Even more so that I thought it would be (because those thumbnails are dinky and hard to see.)

It is!

I've done a lot of searching around for nice vintage clothing from ca. 1890-1940 or so, and, although there are a few creators here and there (such as Junbug) who are creating isolated pieces, there really doesn't seem to be anyone currently focusing on the first half of the 20th century.

Crazy Pastry, which is where this comes from, is older but still pretty nice looking. Most of the clothing only comes in standard sizes (which, actually, with BOM is no longer such a bad thing), it doesn't use materials, and the shading is not as rich as it tends to be these days, but the textures are detailed and the mesh pretty well made. And they have a really pretty impressive selection of Edwardian-era clothing!

• Like 1

Just now, TDD123 said:

On second glands, isn' t there something in my mamary  about a proud ownster of .. come .. i forgot .. erm ..

Scylla ? :P

Nobody likes a bad punster, TDD. You'll be shunned at parties, and mothers will hurry their children to the other side of the road when they see you approach.

And we don't want that, do we?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2