6 hours ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: I can't see which way I'm looking any more. In the last FS update the visual representation of your camera view on the mini-map and world map was changed up, and whilst I kind of prefer the new shape of the cone, it's too transparent. Usually if I need a quick idea of what cardinal direction I'm pointed in, I just gloss over the mini-map; now, I have to squint hard and lean in, and if the map textures are willing, I can eventually maybe see it if I wiggle my camera a little. 

963678f4988e89e04ae57007afe04435.gif

Yuck - I haven't got around to that upgrade yet.  Isn't there any way to change that.  I can't tell crap from that mini-map

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yuck - I haven't got around to that upgrade yet.  Isn't there any way to change that.  I can't tell crap from that mini-map

Not that I've found so far. It does get slightly better if I change to terrain textures instead of world map textures, but then it kind of looks like something out of Runescape and lose sight of any infrastructure. 

8a27d60995bfb7c23e0ea053d2bb422f.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Not that I've found so far. It does get slightly better if I change to terrain textures instead of world map textures, but then it kind of looks like something out of Runescape and lose sight of any infrastructure. 

8a27d60995bfb7c23e0ea053d2bb422f.png

And somebody, somewhere, thought this was a good change.

*sigh*

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

At least (in the examples at least) it's not showing giant prims / skyboxes covering the parcel outlines..?

Nah I've turned off objects from showing up on the minimap. It gets a bit too cluttered with all those grey boxes overlaying the map texture.

• Like 1

NEW PET PEEVE -

Accidentally double-clicking on top level folder (non system) and it tries to attach HUNDREDS OF ITEMS to my avatar!

OK this is sort of user error but there should be some kind of safeguard / popup warning "You are about to try and attach more attachments than allowed.  Try something else"!

Now I have to wait for the gazillion messages of "You can't attach multiple objects to one spot." I know, I made one slip of the finger and now I wait and wait.

Arg this is what I get for trying to sort my inventory near bedtime.

At any rate I'm amused as well as annoyed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Orwar said:

Nah I've turned off objects from showing up on the minimap. It gets a bit too cluttered with all those grey boxes overlaying the map texture.

You can also turn off mini map's property lines, it makes the cone a bit more visible without those white "bars". MiniMapShowPropertyLines in the debug settings.

---

And my own peeve for the last few weeks. Flickr's "awards" from some groups, which are nothing, but the endless spam of images (even worse if it's gifs) making comments unreadable there. I have been making Ublock filters to make it more bearable, and it works, but it's still super annoying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

You can also turn off mini map's property lines, it makes the cone a bit more visible without those white "bars". MiniMapShowPropertyLines in the debug settings.

Yes, or just by right-clicking the minimap - but as someone who flies/drives/sails a lot, property lines are pretty good to see!

• Like 2

I am so peeved with Google's power to show me ads on my phone, and so frustrated that none of the pop up blockers work.  It's my damn phone and I don't want to see ads when I'm trying to use it!  Turning off the personalized ads is worse.  Even after I remove the search bar (which only allows Google's search engine) I still get these time wasting teaser articles that are designed just to keep you scrolling through their ads when ever I swipe to the right on my phone.  Argh!!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I was thinking, wasn't "property lines" the big new feature of mini-maps?

Nah, they've been there a long time. It sounds as though they may have came on as default for some though, but I already had them on before.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Maybe not a peeve exactly but an amusement?  I've seen quite a few merchants lately using tiny headed avatars in their ads.   Just makes me shake my head...

ec03f5a4decfcc30397a7a3d62b7e420.png.bc0b8a0e9ce6e83d4bb7b64d25899b7b.png

There is a Manga / Anime style that commonly uses disproportionate heads!

Except for the mismatch in head/body size and type, the art is usually pretty nice.

*Edit to add* It's like they use one artist for the heads, and another for everything else.  

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Maybe not a peeve exactly but an amusement?  I've seen quite a few merchants lately using tiny headed avatars in their ads.   Just makes me shake my head...

ec03f5a4decfcc30397a7a3d62b7e420.png.bc0b8a0e9ce6e83d4bb7b64d25899b7b.png

Oh, that's not a tiny head, he's just standing on the shoulders of another little boy in that coat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Today has been a crappy day, all due to people and technology. I hate iMacs, with everything I have. iMacs can suck things I can't say here. I have to use one for work and I swear if it hadn't been for the fact it's not technically or legally mine, I'd have got over my fear of heights and tossed it from the highest window in the city, put it all back together and tossed it again. I'm not a huge fan of pc's right now either. And people...don't get me started on them. 

I am so glad it's Friday. I wish I still didn't have to deal with people, even family. Hopefully a night's sleep will help.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/26/2023 at 3:35 PM, Orwar said:

That I expect would be dealt with if you ARed it though, it's not 'just' an eye-sore, it's overstepping its boundaries and is an advertisement.

I think I found a solution that will work for us both.  

Snapshot_524.thumb.png.9f9bb4c90f1d97fc6bfdd1676f261e4a.png

I placed an urban jungle filler building over my parcel, which kind of fits the theme of a huge ad, and the neighbors across the street along with a GTFO hub nearby.  I then set the physics to phantom.

Snapshot_527.thumb.png.4a49eae7d155c18075743e94bb3ad321.png

On the inside, I arranged a 3D Environment 360 Skybox to fit within my parcel.  It is not a perfect solution, but I did not want to just setup privacy screens that would be unsightly to my neighbors.  I will look for another filler building that is smaller later on, and does not stick out as much, but for now this works.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I think I found a solution that will work for us both.  

Snapshot_524.thumb.png.9f9bb4c90f1d97fc6bfdd1676f261e4a.png

I placed an urban jungle filler building over my parcel, which kind of fits the theme of a huge ad, and the neighbors across the street along with a GTFO hub nearby.  I then set the physics to phantom.

Snapshot_527.thumb.png.4a49eae7d155c18075743e94bb3ad321.png

On the inside, I arranged a 3D Environment 360 Skybox to fit within my parcel.  It is not a perfect solution, but I did not want to just setup privacy screens that would be unsightly to my neighbors.  I will look for another filler building that is smaller later on, and does not stick out as much, but for now this works.

Can't you just derez their things?

• Like 1