1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Fascinating! That's a tighter search than typing "hats" into the MP search itself (and "hats" is better than "hat", surprisingly). I would never have thought of "hat site:https://marketplace.secondlife.com" in a million years.  To make this a genuine peeve ... Why is it that an arcane search string outside MP can do a better filtered search than a simple keyword search in MP?  (I know ... Google has megabucks and a more sophisticated algorithm.  Grump, grump, grump.) 

I used to use the Google site search all the time, but forgot about using it for MP searches!

2 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Try Google advanced search:   I told it to look for "hat" in https://marketplace.secondlife.com by entering "hat site:https://marketplace.secondlife.com"  (no quotes) in the search box  and immediately found what look like  useful results

Good idea. I do use Google or DuckduckGo when I want to locate a specific item on the Marketplace rather than the Marketplace search as they find the items much quicker.  So if I want the Doux Yves hairstyle listing, I just search Google adding marketplace on the search terms. Doux Yves hairstyle marketplace

• Thanks 1

Serious peeve ... I'd love to find a way to import a straight on head shot of a person so that I could overlay the image as a transparent HUD while I sculpted/edited/adjusted my avatar's face settings so that I could create a close match.

There's one store that sells head shapes/skins that look a lot like well-known celebrities (can't remember the name off the top of my head) and I've always wondered how they possibly get them so close.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Horus Salubrius said:

People who flounce delete - you're going ok, bye bye, have a nice life.  Why the announcement ?  (yes, I know, but still...)

af922ec58f233541cf740c0f8c569d20.png

Maybe is like filing a "Butthurt Report"? 

I think without letting us know, it wouldn't be a "flounce".

36F2C205-67F4-4AA0-8FED-A6C9BA2A3E0A.jpeg.c5d41222efddb68c73349559531f0691.jpeg

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Horus Salubrius said:
2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think without letting us know, it wouldn't be a "flounce".

These days I practice great restraint when it comes to flounce delete posts.  

They were discussed at great length a few months ago, again.

Peeve: They keep coming up because it keeps happening.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

They were discussed at great length a few months ago, again.

Peeve: They keep coming up because it keeps happening.

Still, unless we're talking about one person with a chronic flouncing habit who keeps running through a revolving door, why waste your peeve energy? Just wave goodbye and carry on.   

Waving Goodbye Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr,  Pinterest, and Twitter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Still, unless we're talking about one person with a chronic flouncing habit who keeps running through a revolving door, why waste your peeve energy? Just wave goodbye and carry on.   

Waving Goodbye Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr,  Pinterest, and Twitter

Peeve: I've been using the word "Flounce" but that's wrong if they're not really coming back!

Thanks, Rolig!