1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The most awful thing -- it was -7C with wind chill today. And I saw a student walking to classes, properly bundled up in a winter coat, but wearing . . . crocks. With bare feet. In about 2 cms of wet snow.

My daughter used to wear flip flops to school, even in the winter and sometime even with snow on the ground.

Kids are odd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

My daughter used to wear flip flops to school, even in the winter and sometime even with snow on the ground.

Kids are odd.

Or should be Antarctic explorers, as they are clearly immune to frostbite.

I came THIS close to asking the student if she was "ok." Her feet must have been freezing!

• Like 2

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

Teens  are immune to the cold.. it's why they can wear shorts in below zero and still hang around outside like it's summer..

My partner will occasionally "remind" me that women manage the cold better than men because "you have an extra layer of fat."

Violence typically ensues.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

My partner will occasionally "remind" me that women manage the cold better than men because "you have an extra layer of fat."

I don't know about nowadays up in Chicago, but when we went to school  in grade school, a lot of us wore skirts and bare legged.. That wind is wicked..  We need an extra layer.. hehehe

• Like 2

Or should be Antarctic explorers, as they are clearly immune to frostbite.

I came THIS close to asking the student if she was "ok." Her feet must have been freezing!

I was the opposite. I could wear a long sleeve sweatshirt in the middle of summer and not break a sweat. Years later I'm dealing with hot flashes and night sweats. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

I'm living proof he's wrong. So is my niece. lol

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Lots of interesting info here on various subjects, I suppose, but not much on the other issue, which they punted back to Patch.

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

OH for god's sake. This forum software . . .

@Orwar: Attempt 3

Dang it. The first post didn't appear before the second one on my end, so I just sat through the entire thing waiting for it to come up. 

.. Peeeeeved! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Dang it. The first post didn't appear before the second one on my end, so I just sat through the entire thing waiting for it to come up. 

.. Peeeeeved! 

Yeah, sorry about that. Prok didn't post his transcription until after I'd post the video. 

If it makes you feel better, I sat through the entire thing too.

Peeve: Not having a fast forward button at the actual meetings.

Peeve2: Meetings that could have been an email/nap.

Actually serious Peeve3 : Linden meetings being voice only is getting harder for me .. voice has never been easy being HOH, which is worse now than it's ever been. Their is no consistency between one speaker and the next. Some have voice processing (nvidia broadcast) which helps, some don't, some mumble, others inhale their microphone and a few people SHOUT ALL THE DAMN TIME. The worst part is .. it's harder to get the same engagement with staff if you're not speaking. They get a conversation, everyone else gets a one shot question.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Peeve: I can't see which way I'm looking any more. In the last FS update the visual representation of your camera view on the mini-map and world map was changed up, and whilst I kind of prefer the new shape of the cone, it's too transparent. Usually if I need a quick idea of what cardinal direction I'm pointed in, I just gloss over the mini-map; now, I have to squint hard and lean in, and if the map textures are willing, I can eventually maybe see it if I wiggle my camera a little. 

963678f4988e89e04ae57007afe04435.gif

• Like 1

This sign is kind of bothering me..

Snapshot_492.thumb.png.b6c5f08a2a6313bd51b63be87cafb009.png

It is taking up a lot more space than it should be

50663634_Snapshot_490(2).png.bfeba7c09d22ae085885c5fdf3a81556.png

I returned it earlier, which surprised me because I did not think it would actually return to the owner considering it is not on my property.  Then I felt bad about returning it to them, even though I do think it is inconsiderate to put such a huge sign in front of my home where it is clearly shooting out of it's property by such an extent. I don't want to AR it, or return it again, but it is just kind of annoying how inconsiderate others can be.  They probably are completely oblivious about how such a thing can be annoying to others, so I will just vent about it here, and derender it in Firestorm.  When I am in other viewers though, it is just going to be hanging there.  

Oh well, such is the cost of living on mainland.

What really surprised me is that I can return things that are not on my property, after I returned it I kind of worried I might have started some sort of feud which is the last thing I want in SL.  I'm kind of annoyed at myself for letting myself get annoyed at this in the first place too.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Oh well, such is the cost of living on mainland.

That I expect would be dealt with if you ARed it though, it's not 'just' an eye-sore, it's overstepping its boundaries and is an advertisement.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

What really surprised me is that I can return things that are not on my property, after I returned it I kind of worried I might have started some sort of feud which is the last thing I want in SL.  I'm kind of annoyed at myself for letting myself get annoyed at this in the first place too.  

Perhaps it was overhanging your property just enough to allow a return? 

Or, it was using one of those tricks with a script to move its center across property lines quick enough that it was not returned? I've seen that trick used on public land for many years.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Perhaps it was overhanging your property just enough to allow a return? 

I don't think it was, I checked in Firestorm and it was not going past the property lines as displayed by the highlighted feature in FS would indicate.

It looked more like this

1106966820_Snapshot_494(2).png.31aaff2b9faabc02367448be42dc961f.png

I"m not sure if they count, but even the physics are not inside my parcel

2130094945_Snapshot_493(3).png.cffc3a858e5308b35cb55aea60b185ad.png

The base of the sign is separate from the sign, when I originally returned it it just returned the sign leaving the base on the ground which is the closest object as far as I can see. I've never returned anything before, and always thought it had to be on our property.  When I clicked return and it vanished, I was really surprised to see it go.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 1