50 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I am not at all certain that they ARE investigating this behind the scenes, of course -- but if they really thought it was benign and totally unproblematic, I'd have expected them to say "We've investigated this, and there are no issues." That's not what they've said: they've merely pointed out that the info being scraped is "public." Which is of course true -- as were the IP addresses being collected by RedZone.

Actually they did say they that: 

Volo Linden: "As we have ensured this website adheres to our privacy requirements, we will be locking this thread."

It had to be one of the fastest decisions ever.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Peeve: a Bikini top and bottom that  not only unpacks with all kinds of body versions, but also close to 20 different huds for each set..

Seriously, why? It's a bikini, there isn't that much to change up that you couldn't get done in two huds..

I just kept two and threw the rest out.. it was too much on the brain.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, this has been their strategy before. Pretend everything is just fiiiiine, while they quietly prepare to take action. Which is exactly what happened with RedZone: there was virtually nothing but bland communications from them until BANG -- they made their move and shut it down.

I think they shut it down because we wouldn't shut up .. started putting up signs in world, declaring places RZ free, Green Zones .. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Peeve: a Bikini top and bottom that  not only unpacks with all kinds of body versions, but also close to 20 different huds for each set..

Seriously, why? It's a bikini, there isn't that much to change up that you couldn't get done in two huds..

I just kept two and threw the rest out.. it was too much on the brain.

What's even worse, IMO, is when they charge for each piece.  And they are plain colors!

• Like 3

Peeve: Phones.  I hate talking on the phone.  If a conversation can be completed in a sentence or two, text it.  Get to the point.  Stop the chit chat. 

I have no patience today.  That can be a peeve, too.

This is the peeve thread, right?

Some of you guys are very prolific posters driving threads at 4 pages an hour.  I can't keep up. 

Still peeving.

Oh, one more so I can get all my peeves out.  Only 2 of my 5 accounts are on the BB page.  I guess they're not that important. 

Whew!  Okay, thanks for listening. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

What's even worse, IMO, is when they charge for each piece.  And they are plain colors!

I stopped buying the stuff where I have to pay L$250 or more per piece per color.  

Then there was the store where all of the bra/panty items sold individually did not include the black or the white.  The black bra and white bra were only in the bra fatpack. And the black panty and white panty were only in the panty fatpack.  Yeah - they dropped off my list of stores pretty quick.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I stopped buying the stuff where I have to pay L$250 or more per piece per color.  

Then there was the store where all of the bra/panty items sold individually did not include the black or the white.  The black bra and white bra were only in the bra fatpack. And the black panty and white panty were only in the panty fatpack.  Yeah - they dropped off my list of stores pretty quick.

That's the kind of thing right there where I just dump them from there on out.. I can't stand cheap tricks.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

When I see those paint job clothes items with no texturing, I hit the flickr and MP to see if it turns up in more than one place.. If it does, I'll hunt down the full perm pack.. At least I can edit it and do what I want, if I want it bad enough..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I think they shut it down because we wouldn't shut up .. started putting up signs in world, declaring places RZ free, Green Zones .. 

They seemed to start taking it seriously when it was pointed out to them the RL danger it placed quite a few residents in. I was one of those people. At the time my RL stalker was still alive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

People in positions of authority that use a ton of words while explaining nothing at all. 

Every politician every second of every day answering any question, because they really don't know squat, other than how to do that dance.. hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Sitting outside McDonald's at 12:40am in Spawnage's bright orange car...cos she has a job and her own car now - just needs to get her license so I dont need to supervise anymore! 

Anyhoo...peeved cos it's making me want a burger, but they closed 10 mins ago!

If you have green peppers and square Wonder bread, you can make your own burgers.

• Haha 1

Peeve even though they need to be done: Sim restarts.. hehehe

Although they are better than the Wednesday weekly shutdown maintenance we used to have.

Maybe I'll make my famous Black bean stew, which really is a whole bunch of other ingredients as well.  But black bean stew just has a different ring to it than just saying veggie stew all the time.. hehehe