Never let them give you more than 2 cortisone injections. They become less effective the more often they are repeated. A cortisone injection should be a temporary measure to let you either a) heal or b) manage your pain until you can be scheduled for a more effective treatment (e.g. surgery).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Never let them give you more than 2 cortisone injections. They become less effective the more often they are repeated. A cortisone injection should be a temporary measure to let you either a) heal or b) manage your pain until you can be scheduled for a more effective treatment (e.g. surgery).

I have a friend who, if they were given just 1 or 2 more cortisone injections (instead of holding off due to the normal recommendations)..may not have ended up with spinal nerve damage due to inflammation that cortisone would have reduced. So, there's always an exception.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeve: No one can tell when I'm not being serious. 😢

I wondered. Just for the record.

..but then again, it can be hard to tell what you mean.

*Edit* Sometimes I literally add, "..is joke!" to my posts at the end. Meta- no, self-referential..no, self-deprecating! 

Edited by Love Zhaoying

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I wondered. Just for the record.

..but then again, it can be hard to tell what you mean.

*Edit* Sometimes I literally add, "..is joke!" to my posts at the end. Meta- no, self-referential..no, self-deprecating! 

It's a good thing I'm not you and you are not me. lol

Peeve: All my neighbors and their dogs and chickens conspire against me so I never get enough sleep and I'm always exhausted, trying to raise 3 kids, 2 of which are 4 legged and one of which is over 60. I'm too damned old to be raising kids! 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeve: No one can tell when I'm not being serious. 😢

giphy.gif

Peeve: the amount of gif trigger words I suffer from.

• Like 1

Peeve today is when a crime may or may not have been committed but because of watching too much crime drama on TV when someone has been missing for seven days everybody seems to think they are Hercule Marple! Discussing someone's missing mother/sister/partner and speculating publicly can be very harmful.

• Like 5

On 1/31/2023 at 12:55 AM, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Still peeved by people who post sideways photos on Flickr and blogs. I'm not putting a crick in my neck just to see what you're wearing.  When will this fad ever die!?

I'm just glad 3D photos can't be displayed on these forums. They are my pet hate because when I look at them and they move around it makes me motion sick!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

I'm just glad 3D photos can't be displayed on these forums. They are my pet hate because when I look at them and they move around it makes me motion sick!

Oh my pet peeve is that not all photos are not 3d so I can cam around and see an expanded view. I constantly catch myself trying to cam around when watching youtube or even just pictures thinking I am inworld!

• Like 1

Peeve: Certain hair creators that sell hairbase with flexi hair that put the big transparent signs in front,  in back and smack dab right in the middle of hair..

There is so much defense on the hair, that  you can't tell if you actually ended up at a demo sign store or not.

I swear, just when you think  it couldn't get  more silly, here comes the new fastest  gun in the west.. hehehehe

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Having to do a "clear inventory cache" nearly EVERY TIME I LOG IN cos half my inventory is empty.
                   1021788424_gihy(1).gif.8b4c7a3ca942c9eac6b11ab2b377cd47.gif

That can be  internet connection or a VPN or just needing to have it load in a empty good running sim..

I know sometimes mine won't even start to load if for some reason I don't click on recent tab and then back to inventory tab..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

So I'm sandboxing on one of my alts who needs her inventory tidied bigtime....and there's a couple of people who are hogging the place.  One with an obnoxiously huge build and the other looks like she is starting her own farm here.  Peeving!

Snapshot_001.png

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Ugh....Farmer chick isn't even online anymore...and she left her farm up at the fricken sandbox.  I hope I am still here to see it auto-returned to her!!!

If that big mess in the back is corn, then they should be ashamed of themselves..

How in the heck do they ever expect to find their sweet corn patch in that mess? Have fun at harvest time with the loss just from those lines.. They are gonna knock over more than they catch, unless they are gonna hand pick it all.. Like a farmer has time for that! \o/

hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If that big mess in the back is corn, then they should be ashamed of themselves..

How in the heck do they ever expect to find their sweet corn patch in that mess? Have fun at harvest time with the loss just from those lines.. They are gonna knock over more than they catch, unless they are gonna hand pick it all.. Like a farmer has time for that! \o/

hehehe

..at least, construct a geometric corn maze that is pleasing to the eye!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:
22 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Tis indeed corn...and yes, yes they SHOULD be ashamed of themselves!!

I thought "anything goes" in sandboxes?

The corollary to which is, "my stuff is OK in sandboxes, everyone else should have their stuff returned!"

4 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

So I'm sandboxing on one of my alts who needs her inventory tidied bigtime....and there's a couple of people who are hogging the place.  One with an obnoxiously huge build and the other looks like she is starting her own farm here.  Peeving!

Snapshot_001.png

When I go to a sandbox, the first thing I do is fly up at least 100m or so and then use the Firestorm 'rezplat' command to rez a platform where I'm at.  Being on the ground at a sandbox can be difficult - even a Premium sandbox.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1