What has happened to Aeros?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As much as I love the Physics HUD (and hate the baroque wheel-shaped abomination that is Aeros) I find myself returning to Xerxes and Magnus for the looks. Also, the base skins and tinting options on Aeros products got me a faster, better skintone match. That was the one part of the HUD where Aeros excelled. If the P had base tones covering a wider range of warm - cool, I'd like it more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, missyrideout said:

As much as I love the Physics HUD (and hate the baroque wheel-shaped abomination that is Aeros) I find myself returning to Xerxes and Magnus for the looks. Also, the base skins and tinting options on Aeros products got me a faster, better skintone match. That was the one part of the HUD where Aeros excelled. If the P had base tones covering a wider range of warm - cool, I'd like it more. 

Not a fan of Aeros' steampunk HUD.

The P doesn't have various tip segments hiding either. Something I think the creator needs to support with the next major update. The shaft is one face/material, so there is room.

Since SL doesn't have insertable/controllable IKs, tip hiding is necessary more often than not.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Matilda Melune said:

I havent bother to look at genitalia in years! I take it Xcite and Sensations are gone as well?? 😂

I believe Sensations are still in business; Xcite don't think had update since 2014/2015 but then my memories of 2015 in general are hazy. :/ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It looks like they stopped being active at the end of 2020. I hope they haven't become yet another Covid victim. 😔

It doesn't seem unplanned though. I mean, if someone dies and tier is no longer being paid, the inworld store would go, but the MP store would still be there. But here, he's wiped not only the MP store but his entire profile as well.  This is the action of someone who has left SL very deliberately.

That said, it's been a few years since Aeros had any new product, or any significant update of an existing one.

If you have an aeros, make sure you have copies. It probably won't be possible to get a redelivery any more.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

It doesn't seem unplanned though. I mean, if someone dies and tier is no longer being paid, the inworld store would go, but the MP store would still be there. But here, he's wiped not only the MP store but his entire profile as well.  This is the action of someone who has left SL very deliberately.

Yes, I know. Thank you.

23 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

I don't really see a significant difference between it and any other bento equipment. They all move more or less as such members do.

I briefly explored the default 'P' animations and there wasn't anything memorable.

But when the 'P' is paired with the '[Ruckus] Teotwawki Shower', it's a game changer. The shower has animations specifically for the 'P' which shows what's possible with a faux-physics attachment.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Mr Amore said:

I briefly explored the default 'P' animations and there wasn't anything memorable.

But when the 'P' is paired with the '[Ruckus] Teotwawki Shower', it's a game changer. The shower has animations specifically for the 'P' which shows what's possible with a faux-physics attachment.

The same is possible with most bento peens.

The P uses tail bones for the shaft and one hind leg bone for the berries.

A furniture scene animator could repurpose the same 3D space with the bones other peens use, typically hind leg bones, and expand their market.

It's just no one has yet to bother.

It seems the human market is the primary focus. Furries and bento tail wearers are not a consideration.

It would also be nice if LL could come up with remote animesh attachment animating capability (for animesh peen wearers), but seeing as Project Muscadine was shelved, Animesh is the last thing on their minds.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Amore said:

His animations also allow my behind to jiggle which isn't possible with physics on Maitreya.  I was pleasantly surprised the first time I saw that in a piece of furniture.  

• Like 2

To be honest I'm not entirely surprised by this news. Aeros haven't updated their products in a while, they are super-high in complexity, they're heavy on scripts and while they look good, they haven't kept up with others that are better optimised, lower in script weight and make use of bento, materials and other things. It's been a long time since I actually recommended anyone to buy one. But I don't actually like the look of any of the alternatives right now so I'll be keeping mine for now.  I'm sure another creator will step in to fill the void sooner or later.  

Am I the only person in the world who likes the steampunk hud?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

His animations also allow my behind to jiggle which isn't possible with physics on Maitreya.  I was pleasantly surprised the first time I saw that in a piece of furniture.  

The creator of Kabuki animations later attempted the same with their animations, but didn't quite match the correct pelvis movements needed per frame to make body physics behave the same way.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 10:06 AM, Aiyumei said:

I didn't say it has rag doll physics, dynamic bones or etc. What I mean is that the animations make it behave as realistic as the technology allows it.

Again, anatomically correct shape and sizes. There are some of us who don't particularly enjoy dongs that look like third leg. The world's longest weiner is 13.5 inches, unless every guy wants to be world record holder that's fine, but if you take a moment and think about realism(yes realism in SL, it exists) the amount of blood you'd have to pump in that thing to keep it up and running will pull away the much needed blood supply from your head causing you to faint due to blood loss. 

Still, this is SL and everyone is free to have third leg. :P

Ah, this explains the tiny heads on some male mesh bodies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

The creator says on her profile that she was "on hiatus until May 2021" but that was some time ago. The island is closed to TPs but still there. I'm pretty sure I went to the redelivery terminal not so long ago. And some of us shopped there *only* for the skins, which were great. My look comes from their skin and shape "Opium" which I love. They had a lot of other good skins. I was wondering if there was some "competition" to them but I actually don't see that there is unless you are talking about the other line. I hope they are ok.

It's really unseemly the way everyone jumps on a creator who can't defend themselves with criticisms they haven't made until now. 

The creator of the skins and of the "attachments" were two different people, or at least two different avatars (maybe alts of the same person? I don't know. But the skins are made by Pi Rain, not Ray Silent). The skins are way old, far older than the adult bits, they have been around in SL almost as long as I have. I think the skin's biggest competitor would have been Tellaq, who themselves have just about faded into obscurity by now.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.