What's a hill you are willing to die on?

CaithLynnSayes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Only if it doesn't increase one's complexity to astronomical levels.  Every time I put something flexi on, I cringe at the numbers and take it off immediately. 

I've actually noticed some of the newer flexi hair is way less complex.than a lot of regular mesh hair.  There's a few from Doux that are ridiculous.

ETA.  Not that I'd wear flexi again...shudders

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Haha 1

ARC (avatar render cost) is .. imperfect, and excessively punishes some content whilst letting egregious resource hogs slide.

Don't take this number too seriously and don't use it as a basis for anything meaningful (like ejecting "laggy" avatars).

Lower is generally better, but only generally.

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

ETA.  Not that I'd wear flexi again...shudders

I miss flexi skirts, they were stupid .. but also fun.

• Like 2

Coffe? Ewwwww. The devil's brew. The smell of it makes me actually nauseous. There's a reason why cats will scratch at coffee beans and grinds ... because it smells like cat urine to them and they're trying to bury it.

Tea or hot chocolate are the only civilized hot drinks.

(Slips into flame retardant suit. How's that for a hill.)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Coffe? Ewwwww. The devil's brew. The smell of it makes me actually nauseous. There's a reason why cats will scratch at coffee beans and grinds ... because it smells like cat urine to them and they're trying to bury it.

I've had quite a few cats over the decades and not one of them ever tried to bury my coffee, beans, grounds or otherwise.

A few did try to drink some out of my cup though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

The smell of it makes my stomach churn violently, so I feel this (never heard that about cats and coffee, though). I'd much rather drink a nice warm chai latte or hot cocoa if I want a hot drink, otherwise I drink GFUEL for the caffeine kick. They have a strawberry shortcake flavor that you put into milk and it tastes like a milkshake from the heavens so that's my morning go-to. 😊

• Like 2

Most of the time I take my coffee with a bit of Stevia and either a little flavored cream or some Rumchata.  I also like it with Bailey's Irish Cream.  I can only drink really good coffee without cream - still need a tad bit of the Stevia to sweeten it.

To me, the used coffee grounds smell like an ashtray and remind me of my smoking days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

If we all liked the same things the same way, life would be very very boring. 

Very true. There's probably more at work than simple likes and dislikes too. Some people like the taste of cilantro, for example, and other people say it tastes like soap.  I have a strong negative reaction to the smell and taste of a fried egg. It's something biological about our taste buds.

I like the taste of bitter things, but I find that sweet things can be really overpowering, so my favorite chocolates are dark 85%+ cocoa.  I had a wonderful dark mocha sorbet in Vienna many years ago that had much less sugar than our typical American ice creams.  Delicious. I can still taste it. And coffee ... I start my day with a 20 ounce cup of black coffee from the only place in town that roasts its own beans several times a week.  I can smell it half a block away, and can feel my brain waking up. If I have a hill to die on, that's it.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Some people like the taste of cilantro, for example, and other people say it tastes like soap.  I have a strong negative reaction to the smell and taste of a fried egg. It's something biological about our taste buds.

Cilantro has a chemical in it that's similar to one found in soap that only some people react to.

Eggs contain Sulfur, and cooking them till the yolk is hard aerosolizes more of it than if the yolk is left runny.

So a lot of it is biology, but also personal experiences; I think sulfur is a decent portion of the trace minerals in my drinking water, so I quite like the stuff.

• Like 3

Avatars wearing 2003-era shoes with busted invisiprims and (shudder) jewelry with bling deserve the death penalty. I will die on that hill! (I will make exceptions for well-made flexi hair, but not many meet my standards.)

Also: the Freebie Galaxy is a 15-story crime against humanity and should be incinerated into pixel-ash. I will die on that hill!

(Now I gotta go back and read through what everybody else had to say...) 

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Most of the time I take my coffee with a bit of Stevia and either a little flavored cream or some Rumchata.  I also like it with Bailey's Irish Cream.  I can only drink really good coffee without cream - still need a tad bit of the Stevia to sweeten it.

Finding a coffee with the right balance for your palette can be an expensive and time consuming process.

Anyway, I do recommend James Hoffmann's YT channel for anyone wanting to go down that rabbit hole.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.