What's a hill you are willing to die on?

CaithLynnSayes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Also: the Freebie Galaxy is a 15-story crime against humanity and should be incinerated into pixel-ash. I will die on that hill!

LMAO.

Man I remember when I first started last year and every "getting started in SL" article / youtube video told me to go to Freebie Galaxy, and that was the craziest 15-story chaotic space-themed dumpster fire I'd ever tried navigating. 🤣 After the terrible lag and probably 15-20 IMs from guys asking for sex and gushing at how "hot" I was (literally as the default avatar of the chick with a dog in her purse) I left that place and never returned.

Long story short, do you need an arson buddy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

37 minutes ago, LilNosferatu said:

LMAO.

Man I remember when I first started last year and every "getting started in SL" article / youtube video told me to go to Freebie Galaxy, and that was the craziest 15-story chaotic space-themed dumpster fire I'd ever tried navigating. 🤣 After the terrible lag and probably 15-20 IMs from guys asking for sex and gushing at how "hot" I was (literally as the default avatar of the chick with a dog in her purse) I left that place and never returned.

Long story short, do you need an arson buddy?

I went back just the other day for the trip down memory lane.  Such a hoot!  The same things that were crap 12 years ago are, sadly, still there.   

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Please don't destroy Freebie Galaxy! It's part of our heritage 😭 It's funny to think that of all the places that have been abandoned over the years, Freebie Galaxy is still going and attracting people xD I know it's hideous and cheesy, but I kind of love it :x  

It has actually gone upmarket, it has its own dance floor and a maze at the top now! 

Snapshot_002.thumb.png.d319aa52680eec90dd77409bcb352be2.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

I went back just the other day for the trip down memory lane.  Such a hoot!  The same things that were crap 12 years ago are, sadly, still there.   

The "build it once and it lasts forever" mentality really drags the whole platform down and just adds weight to perceptions of SL being an old game with old content and old people.

Rezzed objects should slowly fade to black with age, nothing happens for 6 months and they just get a few percent darker every month after that. manually editing the object in anyway resets it.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Vanity Fair said:

Also: the Freebie Galaxy is a 15-story crime against humanity and should be incinerated into pixel-ash. I will die on that hill!

In addition, they have some nerve charging money for janky 2004-era dance animations. I'm debating whether or not I should demand my $5L back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Drop a Hersey's Kiss in and let it melt as you sip. That's heaven. Use a little less cream and sugar. Vanilla is optional. 😁

Sadly I don't know what a Hershey's Kiss is, but it sounds amazing.

I like my coffee black or sometimes entirely full-fat milk, and will chuck in half a dozen Cadbury's mini eggs and scoop them out with a spoon just as they're at their melting point. Warm melted chocolate within a crackled sugar shell. MmmmmmmMMMMmmm. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
Googled Hershey's Kiss - oh my, wonderful.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

I only drink kopi luwak produced right after the rainy season with a touch of Taha'a vanilla.

I actually knew what this was and shuddered. But then everything that grows and produces fruit possibly had manure on it at one stage of another.

11 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Sadly I don't know what a Hershey's Kiss is, but it sounds amazing.

I like my coffee black or sometimes entirely full-fat milk, and will chuck in half a dozen Cadbury's mini eggs and scoop them out with a spoon just as they're at their melting point. Warm melted chocolate within a crackled sugar shell. MmmmmmmMMMMmmm. 

For you.

Why The Stumpy Hershey's Kisses Are About More Than Chocolate

Little drops of chocolate heaven wrapped in foil. they come in a multitude of flavors, milk, white, swirl, peppermint, dark, milk with almonds, dark with almonds and many more. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

For you.

Why The Stumpy Hershey's Kisses Are About More Than Chocolate

Little drops of chocolate heaven wrapped in foil. they come in a multitude of flavors, milk, white, swirl, peppermint, dark, milk with almonds, dark with almonds and many more. 

Thank you. I'd already been to Google to take a look and was mightily blown away by the selection of mouth-seducing gorgeousness on offer. I imagine everyone who has access to these delightful morsels are totally addicted. Nearest thing I think we have to those are Lindt truffles. They have an excellent strawberry cream one coated in thick white chocolate which is magnificent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Finding a coffee with the right balance for your palette can be an expensive and time consuming process.

Anyway, I do recommend James Hoffmann's YT channel for anyone wanting to go down that rabbit hole.

And I also have to find a coffee that is not only something I like, but that my husband also likes.  That is really the hard part, as he prefers a darker roast and I prefer more of a medium roast. 

Sometimes I think we really should get an espresso machine or a french press so that we can each have what we want.  For now, we compromise by buying beans for each of us and rotating on the pot of coffee -- or sometimes mixing the two together to get something in the middle.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Little drops of chocolate heaven

Sir! Hershey's is anything but! Have you tasted champagne truffles? You realllllyyyy need to taste champagne truffles - preferably fresh from a chocolate shop. That...THAT...is chocolate heaven.

Oops. Guess I found a second hill to die on. 😂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Thank you. I'd already been to Google to take a look and was mightily blown away by the selection of mouth-seducing gorgeousness on offer. I imagine everyone who has access to these delightful morsels are totally addicted. Nearest thing I think we have to those are Lindt truffles. They have an excellent strawberry cream one coated in thick white chocolate which is magnificent.

The chocolate that Hersheys makes does not even come close to a Lindt Truffle.  Lindt are magnificent, melt at body temperature, and are so smooth they feel like sweet silk in your mouth.  They also come in a multitude of flavors.  There is no comparing the two brands.  I just got to try the a pistachio and a hazelnut at Christmas.  MMMMMMmmmmMMMM

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Sir! Hershey's is anything but! Have you tasted champagne truffles? You realllllyyyy need to taste champagne truffles - preferably fresh from a chocolate shop. That...THAT...is chocolate heaven.

Oops. Guess I found a second hill to die on. 😂

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

The chocolate that Hersheys makes does not even come close to a Lindt Truffle.  Lindt are magnificent, melt at body temperature, and are so smooth they feel like sweet silk in your mouth.  They also come in a multitude of flavors.  There is no comparing the two brands.  I just got to try the a pistachio and a hazelnut at Christmas.  MMMMMMmmmmMMMM

Listen, us poor folk have to make do with the chocolate we can afford. You and your fancy Lindts and Champagne chocolate... 

Before the Rona killed things off, i worked in Boston 3 doors down from a Lindt store. Dear gods that stuff was amazing, and so much cheaper than buying it elsewhere. Stupid covid messing up getting good chocolate for mah missus. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Listen, us poor folk have to make do with the chocolate we can afford. You and your fancy Lindts and Champagne chocolate... 

Before the Rona killed things off, i worked in Boston 3 doors down from a Lindt store. Dear gods that stuff was amazing, and so much cheaper than buying it elsewhere. Stupid covid messing up getting good chocolate for mah missus. 

🤣 Omg I know, right? It's soooo expensive to get the good stuff shipped, let alone bought! It's insane. But once you've tasted it, it's just so hard to go back to the cheaper alternatives. At least, for me it is. I make do with whatever imported chocolate I can find for a decent price in grocery stores, but mannnn I was craving some fresh truffles so hard for the holidays, but alas. I just couldn't pay that shipping.

And working near a Lindt store? Aaah...I would've eaten nothing but, lol.

• Like 1

Maaaan y'all made me wanna go visit Freebie Galaxy to see how it's holding up and I almost immediately crashed after dropping into this. 🤣

image.thumb.png.85855528829e00a70e173f0e841253cd.png

Edit: you know what, now that I'm here I kinda think this place should be preserved as some kind of museum... otherwise I'd never believe SL users ever looked like this.

image.thumb.png.bad65ddb6dd5e529aff0b8b1eb483baf.png

Edited by LilNosferatu
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, LilNosferatu said:

Maaaan y'all made me wanna go visit Freebie Galaxy to see how it's holding up and I almost immediately crashed after dropping into this. 🤣

image.thumb.png.85855528829e00a70e173f0e841253cd.png

Edit: you know what, now that I'm here I kinda think this place should be preserved as some kind of museum... otherwise I'd never believe SL users ever looked like this.

image.thumb.png.bad65ddb6dd5e529aff0b8b1eb483baf.png

That skin on the cool men (such a misnomer!) ad and the one below it needs to be unceremoniously ripped from the grid.  I just saw a avatar today, 14 yrs. in and still wearing that abomination.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Innula Zenovka said:
1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

The chocolate that Hersheys makes (as she goes on to rave about Lindt)

Is that what they call it?

Pfft, my neighbor gave me this for the holidays...

14165-1.jpg?sw=250&sh=250

That's 17.3oz of chocolates filled with who-knows-what for $93.75

When I was a child, Santa left me this under the tree...
Hershey's Giant 5LB Chocolate Bar | Candy Warehouse

That's 80oz of pure "what they call chocolate" for $53.36

I like the taste of math.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.