Attention Linden Marketing - Cleanup on Aisle G

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was just saying in another thread that SL reminds me a lot of some of the more terrible Pay To Win MMO's.

These games don't get new players, usually because of a terrible new user experience. They don't even bother to try to get new users. They keep the game basically stagnant except to add things for the small group of whale players to buy that are already at end game. Going back and explaining how to use all these things? Not worth it. The players that really matter, the ones spending, already know how to use all this stuff and only need to buy whatever new thing is getting added.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, animats said:

LL really needs to work on their loser public image.

they never worked on that, they only worked on a dream of the one who was on that chair and never been inworld
See the current openingspages at the web, it represents nothing about SL, at least not from the users. Blue people were hot when Avatar came out... but that's really ages ago.

Use Belliseria as the face of SL.. and mainland for the freedom.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

I was just saying in another thread that SL reminds me a lot of some of the more terrible Pay To Win MMO's.

These games don't get new players, usually because of a terrible new user experience. They don't even bother to try to get new users. They keep the game basically stagnant except to add things for the small group of whale players to buy that are already at end game. Going back and explaining how to use all these things? Not worth it. The players that really matter, the ones spending, already know how to use all this stuff and only need to buy whatever new thing is getting added.

My man played a game called Rappelz for about 6 months and that game is definitely P2W. It has more bugs then a hotel room in North Korea and he said recently some stuff in it's game store went up.  Guess the whales there still buying like crazy.

I guess the Lindens don't have staff to Google bomb all day, or don't hire Vietnamese contract workers to do this job, as other businesses do. There are consulting agencies that do "reputational fixing" and part of that work is "teaching Google where to point". 

You kids are too young to remember when we typed "Second Life" into Google and all we got were news stories about car accidents in New Jersey where a "second life" was taken in a tractor-trailer pile-up, or touching stories about grannies taking dancing lessons and gaining a "second Life".

Unlike our own search, which has become utterly unusable and ridiculous, Second Life shows up on the top of the results with links underneath to log-in, marketplace etc. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

Maybe I'm overly sensitive here but these two really offended me:

bilde.png.a190a1ba75e26263f305b73cf6991dbc.png

bilde.png.bdf1c8a2ceb03be78e490ce71f70eae9.png

It's also a phenomenally stupid thing for him to write when the article contains several illustrations (LL publicity materials like the thumbnail above) that clearly demonstrate that  SL looks  nothing like Roblox.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 11/22/2021 at 8:51 AM, Syo Emerald said:

It could be worse. I distantly remember, when Second Life seemed to be associated with "becoming a virtual milionaire" and newbies would join asking how to get rich here.

What if we marketed old gacha transfer items as pseudo-NFTs to crypto bros...

On the other hand, we already have too many duders incapable of not harassing women, so maybe not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Maybe I'm overly sensitive here but these two really offended me:

bilde.png.a190a1ba75e26263f305b73cf6991dbc.png

IMVU ran streaming commercials on Crunchyroll some time ago. The interesting thing was that the commercial made IMVU look crappy and dated and apparently those in charge thought it would be a good idea anyway.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

What if we marketed old gacha transfer items as pseudo-NFTs to crypto bros...

On the other hand, we already have too many duders incapable of not harassing women, so maybe not.

I'd just as not have all those dudes with the t-shirts depicting apes in various outfits in here...

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.