How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'd love to see anyone who can drop by (details in my sig).

It's been a DAY for me, but I do intend to wander over to see the exhibit this evening -- I even have a written sticky note here.

If the evening insists on being anything like today, how long does the exhibit last?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It's been a DAY for me, but I do intend to wander over to see the exhibit this evening -- I even have a written sticky note here.

If the evening insists on being anything like today, how long does the exhibit last?

Sorry to hear about your day, Lil!

I haven't even thought about a closing date. It'll be up for at least a month or two!

Moving it out means, in theory,. replacing it -- and there's no way I'm subjecting myself to that again for a while!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Cat came with me to Scyll's exhibit too. It seems she was in a different location when we were there.I would have liked my wife and Scylla to meet. I think they would have a lot in common regarding their views on women's rights. Their sexual preferences, not so much. But that shouldn't have any impact on people getting along, and respecting each other.

Cat and i at Scylla's exhibit.png

Cat and I at Scylla's exhibit second.png

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Bagnu said:

Cat came with me to Scyll's exhibit too. It seems she was in a different location when we were there.I would have liked my wife and Scylla to meet. I think they would have a lot in common regarding their views on women's rights. Their sexual preferences, not so much. But that shouldn't have any impact on people getting along, and respecting each other.

Cat and i at Scylla's exhibit.png

Cat and I at Scylla's exhibit second.png

I'm sorry we missed each other -- although I have met her, albeit briefly, at the FC Hangout!

As for sexual preferences . . . well, the theme of my feminism, as I'm sure of hers, is choice. And I certainly respect hers, whatever my personal preferences.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

As for sexual preferences . . . well, the theme of my feminism, as I'm sure of hers, is choice. And I certainly respect hers, whatever my personal preferences.

Absolutely, and thank you. Believe me, no one can make Caitlin do anything she doesn't want. The two of you are very alike in that sense.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Nal-YesHer_001.thumb.jpg.3c1e23c5ff0d547048fe43003a270482.jpg

Scylla does some nice images.

I love Scylla's pics. They inspire me to do better on mine. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all for the positive and sweet reactions! And of course @cirleenfor trying out the taxi what actually turned out not to be a yellow cap, 😉 that verhicle still hasn't arrived I am afraid 😂. But the transportation link worked, so I can share Erasmus park with everyone!

Cirleen said to me that the park felt as if it was based on real parks and that is certainly the case. The statues and some fountain are more south-European in grandeur, but

• the rosary is really totally based on the rosary in the Vondelpark Amsterdam with the hexagonal borders.
  • Delamar theater also really excist in Amsterdam. Fien De la Mar was a Dutch actrice and diva. One of the few Dutch diva's, In The Netherlands we normally don't act like diva's but she did 🙂 Unfortunately she was not happy at the end of her life and commited suicide by jumping out of a window. In the hospital people asked her before she died what was her reason. She said the famous line as answer: 'Om alles.' (Because of everything).
  • A park in the city of Utrecht, my hometown,  has an old observatory so that was my inspiration to have an observatory in the park.
  • And the park also needed a 'landmark-like' building. Many old parks have such a building. The Vondelpark Amsterdam has the pavillon for instance, there used to be a film theater in it that played old movies named Vertigo after the Hitchcock movie, but now it's gone, but the building still is there. For Erasmus park I placed a building with a clock tower. Not quite the same, but that's not a big deal. It's all about the feeling. It has also a very nice bell tone when the clock strikes!

vondelpark_delamar.png

sterrenwacht.png

paviljoen vondelpark.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Don't believe what they tell you: I am not running around like a chicken with its head cut off today.

Almost ready for today's opening of "Yes Her." And so excited and thrilled to have so many brilliant contributions from our forumite photographers @Laurel Aurelia, @Suki Blossom, @TatianaNikolay, @Eva Knoller, @BelindaN, @manoji Yachvili, and @Saskia Rieko!

I'd love to see anyone who can drop by (details in my sig).

Just be careful not to slip on all the loose chicken feathers.

Almost-Ready-Blank.thumb.png.25d506da619ebb48d5b2e8fdf9e10973.png

I really love art - in RL and in SL I actually buy art - and have a great admiration for residents who organise things and make sure things happen on Second Life. Very inspiring to me. I was'n't at the opening (I love people but am not a lover of large groups of people together), but I certainly will stop by at the exhibition!

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

the theme of my feminism, as I'm sure of hers, is choice. And I certainly respect hers, whatever my personal preferences.

Well I applaud to that! In The Netherlands we would say: 'Dat kan op een tegeltje!' 🙂

It is difficult to translate I think, literally: That could be on a tile. In earlier days you had those tiles with wise sayings that people had in their homes.So tiles with a saying or a wise sentence. In this tite the saying is in English: 'Life is a party, but you have to hang the garlands yourself'

Anyways, sexual preference/commitment SHOULD be based on choise. If everyone would respect that, That a sexual commitment is based on the choise of both, we would live in a wonderful world.

550x550.jpg

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 6

People sometimes ask me: which suppliers do you use for your land?

I would then love to give them a list. No problem. But that is only part of the 'secret' of setting up a sim. The biggest part of the secret is: combining and... diversity.
Preferably don't use one kind of trees when you make a forest or a park, for example, but different species, you have those in RL too. The same goes for flowers and grasses in meadows and banks. If I really need to save on prims, I sometimes just take the crown of one kind of tree and place it in the other kind so you get the effect of a diverse forest. So, diversity is not only important in society for living together, but also when you design a landscape 🙂

Snapshot_20812085322_001.png

Snapshot_20812085324_003.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Thanks all for the positive and sweet reactions! And of course @cirleenfor trying out the taxi what actually turned out not to be a yellow cap, 😉 that verhicle still hasn't arrived I am afraid 😂. But the transportation link worked, so I can share Erasmus park with everyone!

Cirleen said to me that the park felt as if it was based on real parks and that is certainly the case. The statues and some fountain are more south-European in grandeur, but

• the rosary is really totally based on the rosary in the Vondelpark Amsterdam with the hexagonal borders.
  • Delamar theater also really excist in Amsterdam. Fien De la Mar was a Dutch actrice and diva. One of the few Dutch diva's, In The Netherlands we normally don't act like diva's but she did 🙂 Unfortunately she was not happy at the end of her life and commited suicide by jumping out of a window. In the hospital people asked her before she died what was her reason. She said the famous line as answer: 'Om alles.' (Because of everything).
  • A park in the city of Utrecht, my hometown,  has an old observatory so that was my inspiration to have an observatory in the park.
  • And the park also needed a 'landmark-like' building. Many old parks have such a building. The Vondelpark Amsterdam has the pavillon for instance, there used to be a film theater in it that played old movies named Vertigo after the Hitchcock movie, but now it's gone, but the building still is there. For Erasmus park I placed a building with a clock tower. Not quite the same, but that's not a big deal. It's all about the feeling. It has also a very nice bell tone when the clock strikes!

vondelpark_delamar.png

sterrenwacht.png

paviljoen vondelpark.png

Not realizing that @archangel969 meant the SLURL map link was the "taxi," I volunteered to test the taxi and was looking for a yellow cab taxi that I could jump in and it would drive me around the sim. I thought it would be like the Linden Buggies in Zermatt, the tunnel of love at Pyri Peaks, or the trains and subways at landing points on sims that ride us to the actual sim.

Archangel said the taxi might land me in the ocean so I thought he was adjusting the path of this yellow cab. I feared it might drive off the edge of the sim and fall 1065 meters into linden waters. I should have brought a glass breaker. Bill had more common sense in the Erasmus Park setting and was looking for a horse drawn carriage. Alas. Even after lunch and a snack of Belgian fries, the taxi never arrived.

That was a wonderful day, I loved every minute of it. Thanks Archangel!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

A friend sent me an eye roll animation, so I made a gif.  Now I need to figure out how to make it smaller.

image.gif.19ba39e4ef888e8b4959ef94cac10582.gif

Ask Christina to help you with it. She uses Avastar as far as I know, and she creates a lot of animations. She made it, so I'm sure she could adjust it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Ask Christina to help you with it. She uses Avastar as far as I know, and she creates a lot of animations. She made it, so I'm sure she could adjust it. 

It is from Christina!  She mentioned other small animations like the curtsy I had been looking for.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 2

On 5/28/2023 at 1:34 AM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Did you just take a photo of my mid-section?

White is soooooo not my color, but whenever I have questions about women's footwear fashions, I know exactly who to ask.

Cinn: "What the heck kind of shoe am I supposed to wear with this?"  

Sandor: "A high heeled wedge, pump, peep-toe, with no ankle straps, and that is not the right shade of white."

or something like that anyway

Also, I think you were wrong and it's better without the stockings.

I agree that white isn't your colour. Black DOES look nicer on you. And it's the same outfit.  What does everyone else think? 

Sandor and Cinn in Black2.png

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

It is from Christina!  She mentioned other small animations like the curtsy I had been looking for.

LOL, you told me she gave it to you. That's why I said to ask her.

6 minutes ago, Hathoria said:

I figured since everyone else seems to be going here I should too.

yes her show 004

Community support is a good thing!!!

• Like 2

Cat was with a man from Saudi Arabia earlier today. He likes to RP being a Sheik. He asked her to wear a Burqa even before he met her. He does have women visit without them. Cat was showing me the attire earlier today.  It's interesting to see what turns people on from different cultures. 

Cat in Burqa2.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I agree that white isn't your colour. Black DOES look nicer on you. And it's the same outfit.  What does everyone else think? 

Sandor and Cinn in Black2.png

I love the black. Funny that colour can do so much.

I would try all sorts of colours that go with warm red hair, so warm colours.

I onces did colour analysis and then it turned out I should wear hard cool colours (dark hair, light skin call for pronounced contrasts). Wam hair colours could ask for warm colours. I also remember that redheads are the only ones who can wear turquoise without looking like they are suffering from a serious disease :-).

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1