How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

I finally got my old land back, even after paying a full month in another 1/4 sim.. I should have went week by week, oh well I don't mind. hehehehehe

I'm just really glad to be back in land where the people in the other lots are friends I've gotten to meet and know there. :)

I learned from the last time and saved  the things I built and just moved them to the other 1/4 sim..

I finally got the sand made for the land.. Since it's a private owned region, I can't edit the land texture, so I use this tool called, JVTEK LandMap 2.1, Which I can do the terrain and then set out scanners that make maps of the land.. I can get the mesh map as well as the sculptie maps.. I just use the sculptie maps.. Then you upload the texture maps and drop them in the related scanner and it it covers the land, then I can go back and texture that object  any texture I want.. It does a really good job of following the terrain..

This is what it looks like over the land..I'm in the back corner of the land where the rock wall will be covering the actual land texture.. but the rest where it's sand, other than the beach, was created with the JVTEK LandMap 2.1.

It really opened up a lot of options for being on a private region..

JVTEKLandMap1.thumb.png.60e420e70fdba58ea4c7c0f6ecd39397.png

This is how much I got finished this weekend on the rock wall and land..

It looks like it's a small lot from this view, but really 1/4 was too much for me at one point, but since I love playing with the land and felt how small a linden home really is compared to my 1/4 sim.. a 1/4 sim really is the perfect size for me..I love my land!! \o/

hehehe

outsidecornerofland.thumb.png.868f1e46de9391fb6b77f74eff4d1c87.png

This is an above view to show for those that aren't sure just how big a 1/4 sim is.

I have a lot of the land under water because I like swimming at night.. hehehe

I'm so happy to have my old land back :)

Topviewofland.thumb.png.fbb9f655e3fe2e4302341eb6336e0143.png

• Like 17

Just laying back and reading a book, in front of a gorgeous waterfall.

Snapshot_1784.thumb.png.2aea654b2e250c6c4c2525d6f21be822.png

I'm not sure what book this is, it is part of the blanket I am laying on and the pages can not be turned.

Snapshot_1785.thumb.png.cb0c43b731684e355782844e5ae3a274.png

I do enjoy reading short stories from books as I find them in SL.  It is neat when I find magazines that some people used to put together for SL, most of the ones I come across are pretty dated though.  I might decide to keep a virtual diary in one of my homes, all SL related.  It would be more like blog in book format, that I never would expect to have a following but it would be a fun little project to keep up with from time to time.

It might be fun to create a little story using chatGPT, and have some illustrations created by AI as well, something no one would really read but to just add atmosphere to my own homes.  In my fantasy home, I might put together a little spellbook which would be a fun project.

Anyway, the place I am currently at is called "Mount Campion Caves National Forest"  there are a bunch of windy trails, bridges, and fun spots to explore.

• Like 13

On 5/18/2023 at 7:35 PM, BillFletcher said:

Why do I feel like we are being watched?

is she watching us

Remember those Samsung "Smart TV"s that people discovered were listening in on conversations and relaying them back to Samsung's engineers?

Well, I invented the "Smart Canvas" . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Looking at the screen of video phone booths, and wondering who the avatars are on the screen.  

Snapshot_1800.thumb.png.57b939b78db508ae55df3a19c97852a5.png

I've seen these things since I first started SL a few years ago, and wonder what they originally were meant for. Was it some sort of chat medium for random people to communicate with, perhaps just decorative, did they offer teleports to hubs? 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Remember those Samsung "Smart TV"s that people discovered were listening in on conversations and relaying them back to Samsung's engineers?

Yes, your canvases are very smart indeed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Plottwist, all android and apple devices listen to your conversations.

• Haha 5

On 5/16/2023 at 7:45 PM, Istelathis said:

Just laying back and reading a book, in front of a gorgeous waterfall.

Snapshot_1784.thumb.png.2aea654b2e250c6c4c2525d6f21be822.png

I'm not sure what book this is, it is part of the blanket I am laying on and the pages can not be turned.

Snapshot_1785.thumb.png.cb0c43b731684e355782844e5ae3a274.png

I do enjoy reading short stories from books as I find them in SL.  It is neat when I find magazines that some people used to put together for SL, most of the ones I come across are pretty dated though.  I might decide to keep a virtual diary in one of my homes, all SL related.  It would be more like blog in book format, that I never would expect to have a following but it would be a fun little project to keep up with from time to time.

It might be fun to create a little story using chatGPT, and have some illustrations created by AI as well, something no one would really read but to just add atmosphere to my own homes.  In my fantasy home, I might put together a little spellbook which would be a fun project.

Anyway, the place I am currently at is called "Mount Campion Caves National Forest"  there are a bunch of windy trails, bridges, and fun spots to explore.

The book is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin

• Like 5