How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe is more like giant "Guinea Pig" than "Giant Rat"?

Well, we do have something similar in the states called a Nutria.  Not sure if they travel as far north as I am, though.  Much smaller than a capt sea too.  10-20 pounds compared.to 100 pounds so.probably a.better pet?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Very nice!!

..wonders what color they said Oranges were, when first "discovered" by Westerners.

Interesting question! I didn't realise that the colour orange only became distinctively called that way after the fruit arrived in Europe and Western languages began referring to the shade as “orange.” I read that before it was known as orange, the colour was called just 'red' or yellow-red.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm twenty-seven years old, I've no money and no prospects. I'm already a burden to my parents and I'm frightened. So don't you judge me, Lizzy. Don't you dare judge me!

I'm going to do a proper pic with this dress later, but here's a quickie of me looking as "Regency" as I can (for the moment). I've always wanted to be a Jane Austen heroine (except for Emma or Fanny. Yeah, no.)

,Regency-(SM)-Blank.thumb.png.da93bdcebdf8ed347b5e6607b3286915.png

I've never read "Pride and Prejudice". I had to look up your quote.  Are you making a statement with it, or just having fun with a character? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I've never read "Pride and Prejudice". I had to look up your quote.  Are you making a statement with it, or just having fun with a character? 

Just having fun.

I am not 27 years old. 😏

The passage is actually from the movie, rather than from the novel itself -- although Charlotte does say something rather similar (and more subtle, as is characteristic of Austen), and it accurately represents her predicament as an "older" woman of an impoverished family in the gentry in Regency society.

• Like 2

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Just having fun.

I am not 27 years old. 😏

The passage is actually from the movie, rather than from the novel itself -- although Charlotte does say something rather similar (and more subtle, as is characteristic of Austen), and it accurately represents her predicament as an "older" woman of an impoverished family in the gentry in Regency society.

I knew you were using a quote, and you aren't 27. I know you're "29" cough cough. Just like I am....That's fun to get into a character!!!

• Haha 1

Our friend Christina asked me for some help with her art exhibit. She admits she's not very good at lining things up to look good. What she IS good at is the interactivity of the pics she displays. You touch them and they zoom, or change, or disappear. You never know what any of them will do. She had one up a while ago that Cat and I went to, where we became a part of the art. I messed things up royally at first, because I didn't know what she had done, and why things were positioned the way they were. She does things like making pics visible only from certain angles, and puts walls to block views. and always puts her pics up on white walls. She doesn't create the art,  she displays it. Her art is the interactivity. Her displays are mostly BDSM, so not for the faint of heart. 

Sandor and Christina no V.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 3

Oh this is funny!

You know when you get a message that the region you are in is going to restart? And you get that earthquake shakes?

But my park is in two regions (mullhal and Custer). So I moved to the other side.

Suddenly I saw the other part of the park disappearing. Never seen that, because I never had land in two regions. A bit surrealistic!

Snapshot_2081208490_004.png

Snapshot_20812085328_017.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Oh this is funny!

You know when you get a message that the region you are in is going to restart? And you get that earthquake shakes?

But my park is in two regions (mullhal and Custer). So I moved to the other side.

Suddenly I saw the other part of the park disappearing. Never seen that, because I never had land in two regions. A bit surrealistic!

Snapshot_2081208490_004.png

Snapshot_20812085328_017.png

It's like the Stephen King novel / movie, "The Langoliers"!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, after that description, you are now obligated to tell us where the exhibit can be found.

It's at the XAARA Annex Gallery.  I'll get the LM when I can get online later on . I have to check again, but I think her exhibit opens Sunday. I know Christina is setting up on Friday. 

• Thanks 1

Here is the LM for the art exhibit at XAARA: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Xaara/17/128/22

Christina couldn't find the poster, so she shared a notecard with me. Here is the excerpt:

Walls have been labeled A - E.  Here is the lineup
A –  Christina
B –  Miss Petra
C –  Mistress Seph
D –  Sir Phoenix
E –  Mistress Lily

Opening Party is scheduled for Sunday, June 4th, 2023 at 12:00 PM.  Will be held at the Xaara Gallery Plaza Extension.  

The Exhibit is called “Into the Mind of Xaara” and will comprise 5 separately curated exhibits by invited Xaara Community members.

Christina's exhibit is comprised of interactive RL BDSM images. I don't know anything about the other exhibitors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think Bagnu woud look lovely in an artist smock and beret.

Well, if not "lovely", then at least..docent.

Is this what you had in mind? And please...Call me Sandor...

Sandor Apron and Beret2.png

• Like 8

Some more Erasmus park pics. The one in the conservatory is me meditating on a giant water lily also known as Victoria amazonica. It is the largest water lily in the world. The old botanical garden in Utrecht, my RL residence, has also one, I guess several botanical gardens in the world.

It was originally from Nomad, but now only available as gacha.

Snapshot_20812085331_006.png

Snapshot_20812085331_010.png

Snapshot_20812085332_003.png

• Like 9

My friend was talking about how to make a good looking avatar and I told her the main mistake people do is to make their arms too long. Look at people in public sometimes, the tip of their fingers usually reaches only as low as their crotch. No one wants to look like an orangutan. The other thing is never to wear eyes with big reflections unless you're a furry, I used to make this mistake myself, it looked like I was staring into a halogen lamp. And always avoid those smiles with the mouth wide open too, it makes them look like an escapee from a psych hospital. But mainly, if the hands and arms are too big, it makes people look like a fire hydrant.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, cirleen said:

My friend was talking about how to make a good looking avatar and I told her the main mistake people do is to make their arms too long. Look at people in public sometimes, the tip of their fingers usually reaches only as low as their crotch. No one wants to look like an orangutan. The other thing is never to wear eyes with big reflections unless you're a furry, I used to make this mistake myself, it looked like I was staring into a halogen lamp. And always avoid those smiles with the mouth wide open too, it makes them look like an escapee from a psych hospital. But mainly, if the hands and arms are too big, it makes people look like a fire hydrant.

Well.... that's an interesting take on "How does your SL look today"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1