How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

My SL looks like a sandbox today.

I attended a Blender class for beginners at Builders Brewery earlier today and learned of a 'local mesh' feature in Firestorm  where you can preview a mesh model in front of you before paying upload fees. So I played around with it.

WAT WAT WAT

Official viewer, Y U NO have this? (If it does have it, I can't seem to find it.)

meshpreviewfirestorm.thumb.jpg.72c0ccbcb82c065fceb86865e20d394f.jpg

I have yet to figure what those LOD numbers mean.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I attended a Blender class for beginners at Builders Brewery earlier today and learned of a 'local mesh' feature in Firestorm  where you can preview a mesh model in front of you before paying upload fees. So I played around with it.

WAT WAT WAT

Official viewer, Y U NO have this? (If it does have it, I can't seem to find it.)

I've tried local mesh. never worked for me. Uploading did though.  Lod refers to the detail you see at different distances. Close up, more detail, far away, less detail.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Been to 'Yes her'.'

Very good and inspiring!

Snapshot_20812085336_002.png

Snapshot_20812085337_001.png

Snapshot_20812085337_002.png

This is really lovely, Archangel. Thank you for visiting!

Honestly, that someone likes the pics enough to actually hang them is really where it's at. It's what makes it worthwhile. I'm really and truly gratefully when people post or send me pics of my stuff out and on display!

BTW, the last piece you show here, @Laurel Aurelia's "Strong Enough to Cry," is probably my favourite piece in the entire exhibition, or at least top two or three. I think it's both fabulously moving, and interestingly abstract. You have an excellent eye!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Yes that's her! I was referring to the iconic fountain scene from Fellini's La dolce vita, so this one:

One of my favourite scenes from one of my favourite movies (although I much prefer Anouk Aimée's character, and actually think she's more beautiful and glamorous).

maxresdefault.jpg

I have a pic of Sylvia wading through the fountain that goes up wherever I have an SL home. I first put it up in 2009 -- it goes where I go.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 5

Actually . . . I've just remembered that I have a La Dolce Vita pic -- sort of -- I once took. I never did anything with it -- this is literally raw,  not even cropped -- but it was meant, at some level I think, to represent my sense of connection with the character of Maddalena.

LaDolceVitaBlank.thumb.png.2bba55773eaf215e02c9191ad9e83321.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

One of my favourite scenes from one of my favourite movies (although I much prefer Anouk Aimée's character, and actually think she's more beautiful and glamorous).

maxresdefault.jpg

I have a pic of Sylvia wading through the fountain that goes up wherever I have an SL home. I first put it up in 2009 -- it goes where I go.

Oh yes, Anouk Aimée's character is the most stylish of the whole movie!

This is indeed a beautiful scene. Tender. You see that it's true love between them. And a tragic scene because inspite of that, their love won't work because of who they are or what they have become under the circumstances and experiences and of course the social environment. They are both trapped.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is really lovely, Archangel. Thank you for visiting!

Honestly, that someone likes the pics enough to actually hang them is really where it's at. It's what makes it worthwhile. I'm really and truly gratefully when people post or send me pics of my stuff out and on display!

BTW, the last piece you show here, @Laurel Aurelia's "Strong Enough to Cry," is probably my favourite piece in the entire exhibition, or at least top two or three. I think it's both fabulously moving, and interestingly abstract. You have an excellent eye!

I bought two other works, but now I have to find a place to hang them 🙂

Funny how I do the same things in RL and in SL, in RL just bought a few artworks, one from an artist who is a retired designer who did the - in the Netherlands famous  popfestival - Pinkpop posters from the 70ties untill a few years ago. Now his daughter has taken it over. He also wants to write so I help him with writing (as I am a novelist in RL and sometimes give writing courses).

But art, - and I don't particularily care if it's RL or SL and if it's abstract or figurative) also must touch my heart and that did this excibition in SL.

Tolerance and inclusion are terms that are easy to mention. But when I look around and see some discussions, we are sometimes far away from the ideal behind those ideas. But that is precisely why I support as much as possible anyone who stands behind a tolerant world where everyone has equal rights.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Actually . . . I've just remembered that I have a La Dolce Vita pic -- sort of -- I once took. I never did anything with it -- this is literally raw,  not even cropped -- but it was meant, at some level I think, to represent my sense of connection with the character of Maddalena.

I like the juxtaposition of you in colour and the rest in BW. I can see it fully BW in my head, and it doesn't work for me.

• Like 2

Cat and I went to Christina's BDSM exhibit this morning. Christina gave us a warm welcome, as usual. Cat really enjoyed the interactive parts. I did too. We all had a nice chat, and Cat shared her first RL BDSM experience. I couldn't show the exhibit itself, for obvious reasons.

Cat and Sandor Christina's Exhibit C.jpg

Cat, Sandor and Christina D.jpg

Sandor, Christian, Cat, Exhibi Et.jpg

Christina, Cat,Sandor, Exhibit B.jpg

Sandor,Cat, Christian, Exhibit A.jpg

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Just what I expected. Your pic still looks good, but it loses the intent.

Scylla BW.png

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Just what I expected. Your pic still looks good, but it loses the intent.

Scylla BW.png

Yeah. I addition to the visual contrast (and the way that the colour changes the focus of the pic), the difference underlines the distinction between the "fictional" (i.e., the movie, which was of course shot in B&W) and the (*coughs*) "real" -- my avatar watching the movie. The "engagement" of the second with the first, crossing that boundary, is part of the story. So I think thematically, were I ever to do something with this pic (which probably I won't), I'd definitely retain the colour.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah. I addition to the visual contrast (and the way that the colour changes the focus of the pic), the difference underlines the distinction between the "fictional" (i.e., the movie, which was of course shot in B&W) and the (*coughs*) "real" -- my avatar watching the movie. The "engagement" of the second with the first, crossing that boundary, is part of the story. So I think thematically, were I ever to do something with this pic (which probably I won't), I'd definitely retain the colour.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the image in BW in my head. Changing it to BW, just confirmed it.

• Like 2

I've been learning how to use some features of my Catwa Daniel head. 

Better late than never...

A picture with a facial animation!

Today I also finally got Brows working & tinted, and hairbase tinted to match my hair and whiskers. 

Will trade out my old fangs for the Catwa teeth fangs one of these days (I have them)..

Daniel Face Expression SEmotion Brows Hairbase_001.png

• Like 7

Experimenting with making some new mossy rock materials in Alchemist. I didn't make the rocks though. LOL, I just noticed I'm still in my tux from this morning!!! ...Stop rolling your eyes Cinny....

The cylinder marks the exact center of the Island. It has a pic of Cat on it, because that's very fitting. Without her, I wouldn't have the inspiration to do any of this.

Sandor Materials Pic.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Hey, it's YOUR sl.  If you want to do your gardening in a tux, that is your choice.

*bites my tongue to keep from laughing*

/me slips on her completely impractical heels and heads to the beach

Oh hell, I'm laughing RL!!! Remember, wedges on the beach so you don't sink...But I definitely want to see you try and walk in your stilettos on sand!!! LOL, save your practical shoes for RL. You can't break an ankle in SL!!! Well, maybe...

Edited by Bagnu
  • Haha 1

Cat was looking at the textures with me tonight, and she liked them. We don't like the rocks I had bought a while ago and tested them on though, so I'll have to make some myself. Then we got a new cage to play with. Cat was complaining I spend too much (seriously), but we really DID need it. Our other ones only take 2, and the one we have in the dungeon has no animations. So she let me "spoil" her with a new cage, as she put it.

And oh, my wife was still in her gown and heels...until later...

Cat and Sandor Textures.png

Sandor and Cage.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

snapthingy_001.thumb.png.ee2858b4e0bfef641453d48b07499a3e.png

Our sister sim, Dunwich, has, after many years as the oldest Lovecraftian-themed sim in SL, finally given up the ghost. So, this is what my SL looks like today. I know the owners weren't that active the past couple of years, and I know all of this "horror business" can get old for some people, but I'll still miss it.

Those Friday parties back in the day, when Arkham was still its own sim, those were some good times, y'all.

The Miskatonic River Valley lives on, but it won't be the same, what with not being able to make all the "donniker" and "dunnywick" jokes anymore.

Goodnight, Dunwich. It was fun being one of your horrors. I will always remember you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

snapthingy_001.thumb.png.ee2858b4e0bfef641453d48b07499a3e.png

Our sister sim, Dunwich, has, after many years as the oldest Lovecraftian-themed sim in SL, finally given up the ghost. So, this is what my SL looks like today. I know the owners weren't that active the past couple of years, and I know all of this "horror business" can get old for some people, but I'll still miss it.

Those Friday parties back in the day, when Arkham was still its own sim, those were some good times, y'all.

The Miskatonic River Valley lives on, but it won't be the same, what with not being able to make all the "donniker" and "dunnywick" jokes anymore.

Goodnight, Dunwich. It was fun being one of your horrors. I will always remember you.

Really love Lovecraftian-themed sims, for me it would never get old. I also would be sad as such a neighbour would leave. In my earlier days in SL I hired a villa and years later when I heared the owner of that sim stopped it also made me sad. It's just all those memories. Met so much lovely people there. You can't go back anymore. All is gone. Well, you have to move on but some things stay in your heart gone or not.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I've been learning how to use some features of my Catwa Daniel head. 

Better late than never...

A picture with a facial animation!

Today I also finally got Brows working & tinted, and hairbase tinted to match my hair and whiskers. 

Will trade out my old fangs for the Catwa teeth fangs one of these days (I have them)..

Daniel Face Expression SEmotion Brows Hairbase_001.png

Haha, I'm also always fumbling with things like that. I once had an interview via Discord that was filmed and then I thought: 'let me try the facial animations, otherwise I sit there like a statue.' Just tried it out and it seemed to work. Until... I put on my headphones right before the interview. Turned out that somehow the animations didn't work with headphones on and I still sat there stoically with lips tightly pressed together LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2023 at 4:24 AM, Eddy Vortex said:

WAT WAT WAT

You are so brave to try Blender! I just get a headache only from thinking about using that tool 🙂

• Like 2