How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah. Honestly, most of the DJs I follow -- all but one, in fact, of about 6 or so -- don't bother with a stage or booth, and just dance with the crowd, so I am not actually terribly surprised.

One thing that DID surprise me. The little stage set I made comes in at 43LI unlinked. When I tried linking the pieces, it zoomed up to over 240 LI!!!! That seems to be due to the scaffolding.

I've never run across such a dramatic change in LI from linking before. Weird.

Thinking more, I'm betting it has to do with the physics. Just like what I ran into. The scaffolding could have a lot, and each part would inherit the highest prim count because of it. IF I'm extrapolating correctly. Anyone know if this happens for sure?

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

Dear people, I am back on the forum for a while. I did miss you guys! But I needed time to write a book.

Did I succeed?

It is not yet finished but I am well on my way.

Was I never on SL these months? To be honest: I was on SL.

I was away from the forum and stopped taking photos for Flickr. And I was planning to go away completely for a while.

I was at my holiday home Beekzicht for the last time. I was about to leave. Then suddenly a neighbour spoke to me and offered me her parcel at a low price. I thought: why not? And bought it. Then I saw that neighbouring parcels were abandoned and sent requests to buy them and they were granted.

Long story short: at one point I was left with land at the size - more or less - of Dutch estate.

I decided to turn it into a public park. Unfortunately, I had to close Waterland and the Beekzicht holiday home for this, because otherwise it would be too much work (and money 🙂 for me to keep track of it all.

Anyway, end of story: I have now set up a park that I will open later this year!

It does not have a Dutch theme like Dutch estate. But is certainly very European in atmosphere with old fountains and ditto statues, a small theatre, a rose garden (based on that of the Vondelpark), an observatory (the park in my hometown in RL Utrecht has an observatory), a small harbour, and a greenhouse with the most famous water lily in the world etc.

So, so this is what I did in the meantime: wrote half a book and made a park 🙂 and this is how my SL looks today.

Snapshot_2081208514_013.png

Snapshot_2081208493_010.png

Snapshot_2081208466_001.png

Snapshot_2081208511_023.png

Snapshot_2081208516_009.png

Snapshot_2081208516_004.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

44 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Dear people, I am back on the forum for a while. I did miss you guys! But I needed time to write a book.

Did I succeed?

I was away from the forum and stopped taking photos for Flickr. And I was planning to go away completely for a while.

I was at my holiday home Beekzicht for the last time. I was about to leave. Then suddenly a neighbour spoke to me and offered me her parcel at a low price. I thought: why not? And bought it. Then I saw that neighbouring parcels were abandoned and sent requests to buy them and they were granted.

Long story short: at one point I was left with land at the size - more or less - of Dutch estate.

I decided to turn it into a public park. Unfortunately, I had to close Waterland and the Beekzicht holiday home for this, because otherwise it would be too much work (and money 🙂 for me to keep track of it all.

Anyway, end of story: I have now set up a park that I will open later this year!

It does not have a Dutch theme like Dutch estate. But is certainly very European in atmosphere with old fountains and ditto statues, a small theatre, a rose garden (based on that of the Vondelpark), an observatory (the park in my hometown in RL Utrecht has an observatory), a small harbour, and a greenhouse with the most famous water lily in the world etc.

So, so this is what I did in the meantime: wrote half a book and made a park 🙂 and this is how my SL looks today.

Very beautiful, thank you for sharing this with us!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Very beautiful, thank you for sharing this with us!

Thanks! I will share the taxi link to Erasmus park later!

It's in the sky, so I must find out if the link is allright. First time I build in the sky but, well, you know, neighbours and high walls in Mainland. Was even a fun thing to send the trees and the pavements etc. one by one honderds meters in the sky, up they went, up they went.

I am curious what you guys have shared and will read the last posts of this thread.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Copernicus tower. It was originally a tower with a clock and some kind of gem in the top, but I took these out (the big gem was too fantasy for a more or less realistic park) and put a rotating starry sky in it to make it an observatory. And an old tower is nothing without gargoyles so I added those too.

Snapshot_2081208517_001.png

Snapshot_2081208511_016.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 9

12 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

What a handsome lion!

Why, thank you very much! You're not so bad yourself! 

My avatar is a pretty standard "Jake/Daniel", with my Neko Lion additions.

Until recently, I did not post pictures in the Forum.  I am logged into SL more lately (scripting, mostly) so am rezzing different old Paradise Blanket "scenes" on my land just to finally take some pictures and contribute to the posts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Did I succeed?

Welcome back!!! I'm sure I wasn't the only one who missed you!!!

• Like 4

I took this pic of Cat a few mins ago. I know she doesn't want me to spend too much time mucking around with pics of her when I could be working on our Island vinebridge, but this only took a couple of mins. In a lot of ways being married in SL really isn't all that different from being married in RL I have my list of things to do in both worlds  (I don't mind). I have a slightly more revealing one here:

Cat after being fucked cropped.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 8

I have just finished the text for the destination guide for the Erasmus park:

There many parks in the world and of those, I carry some in my heart. That's what I was thinking about when I created Erasmus park. Here is old world history, you feel it. And although there are many things to do: a visit to the theatre, the observatory or the board game area, it is above all a place to unwind. A treasured place you come back to every time.

I think it's too long but I'll find out when I start adding it.

There is just one thing, the park consists of 9 small parcels (and they are really small, Dutch estate is the same size as the park and consists of 3 parcels). When I wanted to go there, I sometimes landed on the ground instead of in the sky where the park is. I read that this is 'normal' and visitors do land at the right height. I have now created a 'home' link and I do land in the right place.

Before I submit the park to the destination guide, could one of you perhaps check whether the taxi is working properly and you don't end up in the water below but nicely in the park? That would be great, and you will have a sneak peak to the park 🙂
 And to follow the theme of this thread, I'll just share more pics, this time of the park theatre.

Snapshot_20812085320_017.png

Snapshot_2081208457_005.png

Snapshot_2081208466_006.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Why, thank you very much! You're not so bad yourself! 

Until recently, I did not post pictures in the Forum.  I am logged into SL more lately (scripting, mostly) so am rezzing different old Paradise Blanket "scenes" on my land just to finally take some pictures and contribute to the posts.

I am delighted to see you posting pics. I must admit, I have always wanted to see more of you 😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When you add Neko Lion to a standard Jake/Daniel it isn't standard anymore. Then it is something of your own. And that's what it makes attractive. And Lion ears are cute, aren't they? Sorry if it was not meant to be cute, but rather fearsome and mighty like a lion 😂

1e6314d8b4644926f3ccd3b88b7c46f1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

When you add Neko Lion to a standard Jake/Daniel it isn't standard anymore. Then it is something of your own. And that's what it makes attractive. And Lion ears are cute, aren't they? Sorry if it was not meant to be cute, but rather fearsome and mighty like a lion 😂

1e6314d8b4644926f3ccd3b88b7c46f1.jpg

Thank you very much! 

Until I find ears and tails that I "actually like", I use ears and tail that are more "cute".

I made the whiskers myself, many years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1