How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

NY Nights Scene

(All caught up for now uploading pictures!)

Blanket NY Nights_002.png

Blanket NY Nights_001.png

Blanket NY Nights_005.png

Looks great. Love the NY environment. If you asked me where I would like to live abroad someday maybe, it would be Paris or New York! They are completely different cities but with both I had that feeling of coming home.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2023 at 5:29 AM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I spent quite a bit of time on my own at Luanne's Magical World.  https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Le Monde Magique/125/115/22   Beyond every tree I passed was another little hidden area to explore or just sit in quietly. There was even a bumper boat to cruise around some of the watery areas.

image.thumb.jpeg.2fa8bca60c4eaba60f67e603c85319eb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d086e721f00a3f67a14387273a70f909.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b139e909d2e396bfef3c1e2362636bf0.jpeg

Oh, these are really awesome! And the one with the giant mushrooms, it's like a modern Alice in Wonderland.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, archangel969 said:
4 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

You should go ahead and put this in the "spicy" thread. 

Totally agree!

You and @Cinnamon Mistwoodare so nice, but I'm just sitting on the default couch in a 12-year old rez scene, fully clothed! 

No special spices, poses, animations, clothing, accoutrement, lighting, or editing.

If I'm Spicy, maybe I've..arrived!!!!

30 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Looks great. Love the NY environment. If you asked me where I would like to live abroad someday maybe, it would be Paris or New York! They are completely different cities but with both I had that feeling of coming home.

She is pretty darn Neko in that video!!

• Like 3

On 5/26/2023 at 6:50 AM, archangel969 said:

Dear people, I am back on the forum for a while. I did miss you guys! But I needed time to write a book.

Did I succeed?

It is not yet finished but I am well on my way.

Was I never on SL these months? To be honest: I was on SL.

I was away from the forum and stopped taking photos for Flickr. And I was planning to go away completely for a while.

I was at my holiday home Beekzicht for the last time. I was about to leave. Then suddenly a neighbour spoke to me and offered me her parcel at a low price. I thought: why not? And bought it. Then I saw that neighbouring parcels were abandoned and sent requests to buy them and they were granted.

Long story short: at one point I was left with land at the size - more or less - of Dutch estate.

I decided to turn it into a public park. Unfortunately, I had to close Waterland and the Beekzicht holiday home for this, because otherwise it would be too much work (and money 🙂 for me to keep track of it all.

Anyway, end of story: I have now set up a park that I will open later this year!

It does not have a Dutch theme like Dutch estate. But is certainly very European in atmosphere with old fountains and ditto statues, a small theatre, a rose garden (based on that of the Vondelpark), an observatory (the park in my hometown in RL Utrecht has an observatory), a small harbour, and a greenhouse with the most famous water lily in the world etc.

So, so this is what I did in the meantime: wrote half a book and made a park 🙂 and this is how my SL looks today.

Snapshot_2081208514_013.png

Snapshot_2081208493_010.png

Snapshot_2081208466_001.png

Snapshot_2081208511_023.png

Snapshot_2081208516_009.png

Snapshot_2081208516_004.png

Welcome back! We missed you and your lovely pics!

• Like 5

@archangel969 asked for help to see if the taxi at Erasmus Park worked. I volunteered, planning to wear swimwear in case the taxi driver drove the taxi off the edge of the sim into the ocean. This sim is a must-see. It's so cheerful and uplifting, full of historic monuments and buildings, and with many scenic cozy spots. I haven't found the taxi yet, he must have been on lunch. Here's the landing area by the docks.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Custer/254/21/1065

Erasmus Park 001

The Copernicus Tower Observatory is realistic and roomy with it's weathered stone walls. The telescope, astronomical tools, and art, are detailed and impressive.

Erasmus Park 002

Bill said I didn't find a new planet, it's just a fly on the lens.

Erasmus Park 003

Next was a delicious lunch at the Erasmus Orangerie. The chandelier and the candle flame are awesome.

Erasmus Park 004

There's a kissing spot at the Music Pavillion.

Erasmus Park 005

On the way out, got some Belgian fries at the Frituur Vaanderlinde.

Erasmus Park 006

Thank you @archangel969, your sims are always amazing.

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, cirleen said:

@archangel969 asked for help to see if the taxi at Erasmus Park worked. I volunteered, planning to wear swimwear in case the taxi driver drove off the edge and fell into the ocean.

This sim is a must-see. It's so cheerful and uplifting, full of historic monuments and buildings, and with many scenic cozy spots. I haven't found the taxi yet, he must have been on lunch. Here's the landing area by the docks.

Erasmus Park 001

The Copernicus Tower Observatory is realistic and roomy with it's weathered stone walls. The telescope, astronomical tools, and art, are impressive.

Erasmus Park 002

Erasmus Park 003

Next was a delicious lunch at the Erasmus Orangerie. The chandelier is awesome.

Erasmus Park 004

There's a kissing spot at the Music Pavillion.

Erasmus Park 005

On the way out I bought some pommes frites at the Frituur Vaanderlinde.

Erasmus Park 006

Thank you @archangel969, your sims are always amazing.

It worked! I meant the link to the park. I landed the first time downstairs in the ocean with the same link I gave you, but now it's all good. Maybe it's an idea to make a (real) taxi that takes you to different spots of the sim and Dutch estate. Thanks for the idea!

So many thanks for your kind words. When I am creating something, I simply don't know what others will think of it. I wanted to make a park like the favourite parks that I have visited and love to return to. I like it when it is beautiful to take photos, but my main concern is to make something that makes you feel like you are really there, that many people have walked here, that there has been living and laughing and crying. It has to have history. A bit like writing a novel where you create a world that has to feel real to the reader. I don't really see much difference between this and writing a novel, crazy enough.

And the chandelier in the Erasmus pavillon! (the painting is a modern depiction of a young Erasmus, by the way. Desiderius Erasmus was a Dutch philosopher and Catholic theologian who is considered one of the greatest scholars of the Northern Renaissance.). But the chandelier. It's Murano glass. I have been to Venice at my Honeymoon and to Murano nearby where they make the famous glass. And the maker of the chandelier is China and Goodies. You really MUST take a look at that shop if you love real sophisticated antique with a history. Delamar theater (named after a Dutch actress and diva - there is actually a Delamar theater in Amsterdam -) also has the same chandelier.

I really LOVE how you visibly had fun. It splashes off the photos. So much fun to see and you are obviously a great photographer.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

the painting is a modern depiction of a young Erasmus, by the way. Desiderius Erasmus was a Dutch philosopher and Catholic theologian who is considered one of the greatest scholars of the Northern Renaissance.).

There are many famous quotes of Erasmus, but the most famous, I guess, are:

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed is king

Prevention is better than cure -

Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.

War is delightful to those who have had no experience of it.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 5

Erasmus distilled a lot of wisdom, those thoughts may have been spoken in different ways in many cultures but I like the way Erasmus says it, clear and true. Thank you for the historical background. The sim has a feeling of being based on an actual place. Your sims are always fun, there's so many picture possibilities. You put so much attention into detail and it's amazing, everything rezzes so easily for taking pictures. I found that store, wow.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/144224?page=1

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 4

Did you just take a photo of my mid-section?

White is soooooo not my color, but whenever I have questions about women's footwear fashions, I know exactly who to ask.

Cinn: "What the heck kind of shoe am I supposed to wear with this?"  

Sandor: "A high heeled wedge, pump, peep-toe, with no ankle straps, and that is not the right shade of white."

or something like that anyway

Also, I think you were wrong and it's better without the stockings.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Did you just take a photo of my mid-section?

White is soooooo not my color, but whenever I have questions about women's footwear fashions, I know exactly who to ask.

Cinn: "What the heck kind of shoe am I supposed to wear with this?"  

Sandor: "A high heeled wedge, pump, peep-toe, with no ankle straps, and that is not the right shade of white."

or something like that anyway

Also, I think you were wrong and it's better without the stockings.

I DO like black better on you, and I'm not crazy about wedges. But, not much choice if it's sandy ground.  The stockings look great on you with the black skirt and the same top.  But I love stockings on a woman in general.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I DO like black better on you, and I'm not crazy about wedges. But, not much choice if it's sandy ground.  The stockings look great on you with the black skirt and the same top.  But I love stockings on a woman in general.

Stop laughing LOL. Now you've got ME laughing, and I don't even know why!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't believe what they tell you: I am not running around like a chicken with its head cut off today.

Almost ready for today's opening of "Yes Her." And so excited and thrilled to have so many brilliant contributions from our forumite photographers @Laurel Aurelia, @Suki Blossom, @TatianaNikolay, @Eva Knoller, @BelindaN, @manoji Yachvili, and @Saskia Rieko!

I'd love to see anyone who can drop by (details in my sig).

Just be careful not to slip on all the loose chicken feathers.

Almost-Ready-Blank.thumb.png.25d506da619ebb48d5b2e8fdf9e10973.png

• Like 17