after all these years

Pat Starship

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have to let my region go, they have totally bungled this transfer to the cloud to a point I can not even finish a build to help pay my cost.

My experience in my own region will asked me over and over to accept it, as well as all my users who have been long in the system, sensors today can not detect a key all I get is NULL the whole time the avatar I'm trying detecting is 1 meter away with the sensor set to 30, having to reset the region to get things to work every few hours now.

btw the sim only has 2,600 prims out hardly any mesh objects  as its a test region  as my builds are experience driven, I like to add after all these years on the grid selling scripted object I really don't need SL tips from the peanut gallery that resides on the forums but hardly ever in world. I pay for a annual account for years, I pay for a region for years.  LL choose to do this as a condition to their sale of the company and really it's only in testing they  have tried to take a 20 year old db that run on hardware and transfer it to a cloud, SL is not a normal db, it's a grid system hopped up with php and email system. I track how many new sign ups in a day, did you know SL had -80 one day, yup 80 account canceled and 0 signed up, that is unheard of or a error. At the end of the day us the paying users are getting screwed. This drop in the bucket will be one less as I have found many more new hobbies that my skill set can fill. My last  230 a month =  2,760$ and and my account cost of 99 saving for me. my account will be closed as soon as the private region sells  their in high demand seeing LL has not been able to sell one on almost a year.

Edited by Pat Starship
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Bunch of typical responses from people here in the forums. Sarcasm and rudeness to anyone to ever says anything disparaging about sl or about leaving because sl is no longer what they liked.

Well. I think I’m this occasion it has to do with their post. Some of it is contradictory, other parts of it are referencing either user errors or errors from moving to the cloud that will get ironed out at some point. For the instance the sensor issue, it could very well be a simple fix and a small error in their code. Then there’s the standard claim of paying for premium and impression that it should entitle them to something more. Then they insult forums users. Etc etc. Comes across as a  very “knee jerk” reaction. I appreciate their frustration but,  their post comes across as a tantrum.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Then they insult forums users.

Oh, you mean like this?

12 hours ago, Pat Starship said:

I really don't need SL tips from the peanut gallery that resides on the forums but hardly ever in world.

So yeah,

31 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Bunch of typical responses from people here in the forums. Sarcasm and rudeness to anyone to ever says anything disparaging about sl or about leaving because sl is no longer what they liked.

On the contrary, it's wonderful that the OP can now enjoy all the "many more new hobbies" that they've acquired. I'm sure we'll all feel diminished by this dreadful loss, but we'll remember them with all the fondness they've shown us in this post...

... which is to say, good riddance.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Pat Starship said:

btw the sim only has 2,600 prims out hardly any mesh objects  as its a test region  as my builds are experience driven, I like to add after all these years on the grid selling scripted object I really don't need SL tips from the peanut gallery that resides on the forums but hardly ever in world. 

That's a pretty good way not to get any tips from the :::cough::: peanut gallery. 

How come it is when us peanuts get bashed that the sneer "never inworld" is attached? I know that is true for some but not for most. Cool how Seicher keeps being able to take inworld photos when not inworld!

This OP pretty well shot itself in its foot, at least for me, for any cares or effs given.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

That's a pretty good way not to get any tips from the :::cough::: peanut gallery. 

How come it is when us peanuts get bashed that the sneer "never inworld" is attached? I know that is true for some but not for most. Cool how Seicher keeps being able to take inworld photos when not inworld!

This OP pretty well shot itself in its foot, at least for me, for any cares or effs given.

The sentiment is unfortunately, one that at least one or two others (that I am aware of) shares and it is just as mistaken there as well.

At least one has taken to trying to pretend that anyone who counters their false assumption is only logging in on Aditi (The Beta Grid) ... 

In short it is a tactic used by those who wish to dismiss any data that is contrary to their expressed opinion/"experience".

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Pat Starship said:

I really don't need SL tips from the peanut gallery that resides on the forums but hardly ever in world

Then . . . why are you here?

I truly don't understand -- why deliver this jeremiad to a community you clearly hold in contempt?

And did you imagine that preemptively insulting us would improve our response?

As my sense is that your imminent departure will add in some small measure to the friendliness and civility of the grid, I can only wish you bon chance, and farewell. And may you find another community where disparagement and rudeness is more acceptable?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Pat Starship said:

I have to let my region go, they have totally bungled this transfer to the cloud to a point I can not even finish a build to help pay my cost.

My experience in my own region will asked me over and over to accept it, as well as all my users who have been long in the system, sensors today can not detect a key all I get is NULL the whole time the avatar I'm trying detecting is 1 meter away with the sensor set to 30, having to reset the region to get things to work every few hours now.

btw the sim only has 2,600 prims out hardly any mesh objects  as its a test region  as my builds are experience driven, I like to add after all these years on the grid selling scripted object I really don't need SL tips from the peanut gallery that resides on the forums but hardly ever in world. I pay for a annual account for years, I pay for a region for years.  LL choose to do this as a condition to their sale of the company and really it's only in testing they  have tried to take a 20 year old db that run on hardware and transfer it to a cloud, SL is not a normal db, it's a grid system hopped up with php and email system. I track how many new sign ups in a day, did you know SL had -80 one day, yup 80 account canceled and 0 signed up, that is unheard of or a error. At the end of the day us the paying users are getting screwed. This drop in the bucket will be one less as I have found many more new hobbies that my skill set can fill. My last  230 a month =  2,760$ and and my account cost of 99 saving for me. my account will be closed as soon as the private region sells  their in high demand seeing LL has not been able to sell one on almost a year.

LL needs regions, so someone will be happy that they'll be able to get yours.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

It's our god given right to treat LL and their customers like incompetent goofs.

Just as it's your right to ignore us.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Sounded to me like bringing out the snark was the whole reason for the post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Pat Starship said:

Your region isn't in the cloud yet. A few Linden-operated mainland region are in the cloud. Hippotropolis is one. But private estates, not yet.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.