after all these years

Pat Starship

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 hours ago, Pat Starship said:

I have to let my region go, they have totally bungled this transfer to the cloud to a point I can not even finish a build to help pay my cost.

My experience in my own region will asked me over and over to accept it, as well as all my users who have been long in the system, sensors today can not detect a key all I get is NULL the whole time the avatar I'm trying detecting is 1 meter away with the sensor set to 30, having to reset the region to get things to work every few hours now.

btw the sim only has 2,600 prims out hardly any mesh objects  as its a test region  as my builds are experience driven, I like to add after all these years on the grid selling scripted object I really don't need SL tips from the peanut gallery that resides on the forums but hardly ever in world. I pay for a annual account for years, I pay for a region for years.  LL choose to do this as a condition to their sale of the company and really it's only in testing they  have tried to take a 20 year old db that run on hardware and transfer it to a cloud, SL is not a normal db, it's a grid system hopped up with php and email system. I track how many new sign ups in a day, did you know SL had -80 one day, yup 80 account canceled and 0 signed up, that is unheard of or a error. At the end of the day us the paying users are getting screwed. This drop in the bucket will be one less as I have found many more new hobbies that my skill set can fill. My last  230 a month =  2,760$ and and my account cost of 99 saving for me. my account will be closed as soon as the private region sells  their in high demand seeing LL has not been able to sell one on almost a year.

This is all interesting information. Thank you for outlining all these points. I myself experience some of them. 

I personally don't plan to leave SL but I do believe it's a good time to sell land.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Bunch of typical responses from people here in the forums. Sarcasm and rudeness to anyone to ever says anything disparaging about sl or about leaving because sl is no longer what they liked who do so using a burner alt that appears to be associated with a "business" account that has this line as their real-world biography: "Those who lie about the truth hide their face."

FIFY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.