Not registering to vote

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Sassy Kenin said:

That's what the state says, the state also said everyone protesting were peaceful and very little damages to family owned business happened in Oregon. so good luck on those facts written by those pushing a narrow narrative, we have the internet now with videos they cannot hide from.

No, the state never said everyone protesting was peaceful with very little damage. Whatever your source is, they lied.

Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB) is NOT state run or funded. It's like all the other PBs in the US.

The Public Broadcasting Service is a public broadcaster and television program distributor. It is a nonprofit organization and the most prominent provider of educational television programming to public television stations in the United States, distributing series such as American Experience, America's Test Kitchen, Antiques Roadshow, Arthur, Barney & Friends, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Downton Abbey, Finding Your Roots, Frontline, The Magic School Bus, Masterpiece Theater, Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, Nature, Nova, the PBS NewsHour, Reading Rainbow, Sesame Street, Teletubbies, Keeping up Appearances and This Old House.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB) is NOT state run or funded. It's like all the other PBs in the US.

The Public Broadcasting Service is a public broadcaster and television program distributor. It is a nonprofit organization and the most prominent provider of educational television programming to public television stations in the United States, distributing series such as American Experience, America's Test Kitchen, Antiques Roadshow, Arthur, Barney & Friends, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Downton Abbey, Finding Your Roots, Frontline, The Magic School Bus, Masterpiece Theater, Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, Nature, Nova, the PBS NewsHour, Reading Rainbow, Sesame Street, Teletubbies, Keeping up Appearances and This Old House.

I just had my biggest lough in years, Silent your hilarious your trust in government/ government sponsored programming!, TV shows they call those programming for a reason.

Edited by Sassy Kenin

2 minutes ago, Sassy Kenin said:

I just had my biggest lough in years, Silent your hilarious your trust in government/ government sponsored programming! they call those shows programming for a reason.

Left or Right they are both Corrupt, otherwise they would not be able to give themselves pay raises and have zero term limits.

IBTL😁

tenor.gif?itemid=9063820

Nihilism is not a credible political philosophy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Sassy Kenin said:

I just had my biggest lough in years, Silent your hilarious your trust in government/ government sponsored programming! they call those shows programming for a reason.

IBTL😁

tenor.gif?itemid=9063820

You don't even know what you are talking about. Trust in government? Are you out of your mind? I'll trust the US government when they honor the treaties that have NEVER been honored by the US government. 

Yeah go ahead and laugh while they continue the genocide and turn it against their own people. 🙄

• Like 1

I'll say this about climate change. When women get pregnant, they say "a bun in the oven", as dumb as that is. But that would imply that heat makes life, therefore a hotter earth would mean more life. So would we not want global warming?

People complain about winter all the time so they should be happy about it. Plus we could go full arizona and have rock lawn so people don't have to take care of their lawn. This increase properly value as less taken care of lawns mean better neighborhood looking. This also means the neighborhood would need less neighborhood watch as happier people are less likely to commit crime which makes the crime statistics go down when people commit less crime. This overall benefits america as the prisons will be less packed because less crime so lower taxes on prison and policing. Which because of the there are less emissions because police and other people don't have to work as hard so that reduces overall pollution. If we get the pollution below a specific level the air may be clean enough so that aliens will visit us and the people will finally know whether or not we are alone in this universe, and not just the deep state illuminati who controls the information on the cyber space. This alone will better humanity's morals as we may finally be able to work together for the greater good, be it to defend against possible invaders or to utilize the technology they give us, depending if they are friendly, to solve issues such as world peace and world hunger. With all this in mind, I overall think that warming up the environment will be the best possible solution here.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

I'll say this about climate change. When women get pregnant, they say "a bun in the oven", as dumb as that is. But that would imply that heat makes life, therefore a hotter earth would mean more life. So would we not want global warming?

People complain about winter all the time so they should be happy about it. Plus we could go full arizona and have rock lawn so people don't have to take care of their lawn. This increase properly value as less taken care of lawns mean better neighborhood looking. This also means the neighborhood would need less neighborhood watch as happier people are less likely to commit crime which makes the crime statistics go down when people commit less crime. This overall benefits america as the prisons will be less packed because less crime so lower taxes on prison and policing. Which because of the there are less emissions because police and other people don't have to work as hard so that reduces overall pollution. If we get the pollution below a specific level the air may be clean enough so that aliens will visit us and the people will finally know whether or not we are alone in this universe, and not just the deep state illuminati who controls the information on the cyber space. This alone will better humanity's morals as we may finally be able to work together for the greater good, be it to defend against possible invaders or to utilize the technology they give us, depending if they are friendly, to solve issues such as world peace and world hunger. With all this in mind, I overall think that warming up the environment will be the best possible solution here.

Please, reassure me that this is satire.  You just never know on this forum.

13 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Has Linden Lab forgotten that not all of the residents in Second Life pass their actual lives within the borders of the United States?  The latest blog entry called 'Register to Vote' blithely tells me that my voice matters, that I can register to vote online, and to check if my state requires identification.  Well, no, my voice doesn't matter in this instance, I'm not qualified to vote, and I do not live in a state.  I understand where this is coming from; I imagine the blog writer found it hard not to display a political bias.  Now is it so hard for them to open their mind so far as to realise that for a good portion of residents, this blog entry is saying we are irrelevant?  All it required was a simple disclaimer that the intended audience was U.S. only but we don't merit even that.  If Linden Lab wishes to enjoy an international presence it needs to acknowledge its international residents' reality.

As a non-USA resident I really do not mind these blogs. While it is not an election for my country, I do hope every American will vote.
Also, the blog links to an Inworld location about voting/elections, so there is the connection with SL and the US elections.
I find the whole process of the USA election interesting and I follow it, even the debates (okay, those I watch over breakfast because they are way too late at night for me).

The concept of registering to vote is not one I know, overhere (The Netherlands) we get our ballots and info delivered at our known address as registered by the city/town/village you reside in. Automatically from when you are 18 - so basically we are all always registered to vote anyway.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

this will be last chance America gets to vote in an election unless trump is removed

ce3423211e09cd240e22969c7f493619.png

10 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

With that out of the way, who y'all votin fer?

I think I'm votin Triden.... I mean Brump.. I mean,  what was that gorillas name they put on the ballet last time?.. That's the guy I'm goin fer.!! \o/

Won't be the first time I've written in my own name!

There is this thing that pops up in my brain (and probably all of yours as well) that tells me when to re-consider a word. Like writing, "I live in America." This thing pops up and says, "You live in U.S. of America."  Two things that can tip it one way or the other are alcohol and emotion, but the number one biggest thing for me is respect.

Hopefully they see the message and learn from it for next time. Write "U.S. residents:" at the beginning.

It has the opposite effect. It guarantees that everyone feels like they are respected and considered.

Edited by Evah Baxton
  • Haha 1

All this fuss over a blog.. just because someone didnt like that it was posted.. in the blogs sections which is different from the forums section of the website.. wow...

which means what is posted there does not have to exactly follow the rules of what is posted here, so stop getting bent out of shape over it and feeling so disrespected for some stupid reasons.. jeez people like to whine over some of the stupidest things here.. and yes complaining about that blog is just stupid and childish.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Evah Baxton said:

Write "U.S. residents:" at the beginning.

I agree with you plus as an American I felt "dumbed-down" as even a Dinkie knows election day is Nov. 3rd.  

The appropriate way to have written it is:  To our U.S. residents, if you haven't registered to vote, please do now...your voice matters, or something more along those lines.  If this were based in England, they'd do better.  The English use proper English better and are just better at wording things in general, and would have said most likely "to our U.K. residents...", etc.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

All this fuss over a blog.. just because someone didnt like that it was posted.. in the blogs sections which is different from the forums section of the website.. wow...

which means what is posted there does not have to exactly follow the rules of what is posted here, so stop getting bent out of shape over it and feeling so disrespected for some stupid reasons.. jeez people like to whine over some of the stupidest things here.. and yes complaining about that blog is just stupid and childish.

What's worth fussing over, I wonder? Is it the things that bug our unique minds, or learning to use a computer, or learning how electrons travel, or learning to build a lean-to, or learning to ride a horse, or learning to sterilize water, or learning to communicate, learning to walk on two legs, learning to flop out of the ocean, learning to eat each other? What is the most important thing to fuss over?

I see I need to clarify.

It is not a matter of concern for me that the blog post appeared where it did.  Blog post or forum, it does not matter.

My concern was not that the post was about politics.

My concern was that an official statement from Linden Lab was worded in such a way that it does not take account of the fact that not all of us are U.S. residents.

The post was disappointing.  It did not make me angry, rather somewhat saddened.  I raised this topic to express my disappointment in a reasoned manner, hoping for a reasoned response.  Some other non-U.S. residents were concerned about it, while others were not; that is their right to feel, and I am grateful for both responses, as I am for all of the responses that address the topic itself.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I recall seeing stats several years ago which indicated that the USA had the highest number of residents (compared to other countries, not to whole continents) and the second highest was Brazil.

That goes completely against your earlier assertion...

the majority of SL users are US-based

Which means >50% of all SL residents.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Why is LL showcasing a place that uses avatars ripped from Telltale Games' The Walking Dead series among other games?

#ShameShameShameDingDingDing

fan·dom
/ˈfandəm/

noun
noun: fandom; plural noun: fandoms
  1. the state or condition of being a fan of someone or something.
    "my 17 years of sports fandom"
    • the fans of a particular person, team, fictional series, etc. regarded collectively as a community or subculture.
      "the Walking Dead fandom"
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Why is LL showcasing a place that uses avatars ripped from Telltale Games' The Walking Dead series among other games?

#ShameShameShameDingDingDing

I learned long ago that the only time LL gets upset about stealing is if it's from them. Other than that, they do the bare minimum required by law- and sometimes not even that much.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

IBTL

tumblr_mmka2aSFio1r3gb3zo1_250.gif

I actually had a cat once that loved popcorn.  When he was a kitten, I set my bowl down and went to get a drink - came back and he was sitting in the bowl, chowing down.  While I didn't continually let him eat popcorn, I did name him Popcorn and he always came running when he heard the popping sound.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.