Not registering to vote

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Non-strict states allow voters without the required documentation to cast a sworn affidavit or reasonable impediment declaration or to have a poll worker vouch for them in order to vote, while strict states require voters to cast a provisional ballot and later provide additional proof of residency to their election officials in order for their vote to count. 

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/voter-id.aspx

image.png.cac57efdbf3795a88975df92016d5a70.png

42 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

ID not even required in some states.

image.png.b620fd7b237788037fb8e44973f00e4b.png

You shouldn't perpetuate the myth that there will be widespread voter fraud.  Maybe lay off Fox news for awhile? Even in states that don't require a voter ID they require other forms of verification. You can't repeatedly vote and have any additional votes count.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Liberal democracy is about so much more than citizens casting ballots, it's a celebration of our collective Enlightenment, cultivated by our system and way of life, our cosmos-granted abilities to elevate our thoughts and perceptions and judgements above that of kings and tyrants and deprived men with the light illuminating all via critical investigative journalism, bolstered by a credible judicial defense of equality and truth, the establishment of non-corrupt elections, the reign of a legislative branch that always serves the people above pecuniary corporate oligarchical and hegemonic interests, and an executive branch that is held to the highest standards of all humanity.

We have a failed system, there's no possibility of a non-failed result, the inputs to the election this cycle lack legitimacy, there has not been a credible public engagement with the issues of our day, our entire system has been jammed with five letters and a conspiracy of traitors up to their necks in sabotage, subversion, and obstruction of our system. These are Capital Crimes and in order for there to be peace there must be justice, in order for there to be justice there must be lawfulness in the government and in all sectors of society and economy, but in order for there to be lawfulness, there must be Constitutionality. We are utterly deprived.

Everything has been on hold waiting for the world to wake up, reaffirm, and faithfully prosecute its commitment to equality and liberty and justice for all humanity, and yet all anyone can be bothered to do are paste up platitudes denying the depth and severity of the systemic failures that we all now face by encouraging false hope in a failed electoral system serving a corrupted and subverted one-party two-brand machine that itself exists only to service capitalism the overwhelming majority of the time.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You shouldn't perpetuate the myth that there will be widespread voter fraud.  Maybe lay off Fox news for awhile? Even in states that don't require a voter ID they require other forms of verification. You can't repeatedly vote and have any additional votes count.

I never said there would be WIDESPREAD voter fraud - and I never watch Fox news.

Nobody can claim there there has never been any voter fraud.  While it is not widespread, it does exist - it has happened.  Claiming otherwise is indicative of drinking too much Kool-Aid.

From an admittedly right leaning web site:
https://www.heritage.org/election-integrity/commentary/voter-fraud-database-tops-1000-proven-cases

And to balance that just a little bit, an article just from last month - from a left leaning new source:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/08/us/politics/georgia-double-voting.html

And before I spike my blood pressure, I really need to go back to scrolling past all of your posts.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And before I spike my blood pressure, I really need to go back to scrolling past all of your posts.

great, and have fun voting for [Moderator Edit: Derogatory Name Calling Removed]  again....heaven help someone trying to show you the ignorance of that choice...

Edited by Dakota Linden
[Moderator Edit: Derogatory Name Calling Removed] 
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

I'm looking for assistance relocating to a stable and prosperous liberal democratic country.

I wish you good luck in relocating. I would myself if it didn't take me further away from my daughter and grandson.

What I fear, and what most people don't understand when they trash the concerns of the US, is the ability of the US to screw up the rest of the world -- they have too much power at this point and real damage could be done to the entire world (or more damage I guess I should say).

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I wish you good luck in relocating. I would myself if it didn't take me further away from my daughter and grandson.

What I fear, and what most people don't understand when they trash the concerns of the US, is the ability of the US to screw up the rest of the world -- they have too much power at this point and real damage could be done to the entire world (or more damage I guess I should say).

I feel as if one-half million dead Iraqis, racist spiritually inequitable culturally genocidal UN-defying apartheid in the Middle East, Duterte's psychopathic rule over the Philippians, the fall of Turkey to depraved criminal theocracy, Modi's abject human monstrosity, Abe's rise to power and vandalism of Japanese pacifism, and Saudi Arabia's intolerable atrocities against their own people and their neighbors are all evidence that severe real damage has been done to the world already as a result of the collapse of the United States Federal Government into this low failed subverted state. We won't even talk about US hegemonic influence to destabilize Latin America, destabilize Europe, destabilize Asia, destabilize the Middle East.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:
14 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I feel as if one-half million dead Iraqis, racist UN-defying apartheid in the Middle East, Duterte's psychopathic rule over the Philippians, Abe's rise to power and vandalism of Japanese pacifism, and Sauri Arabia's intolerable atrocities against their own people and their neighbors are all evidence that severe real damage has been done to the world already as a result of the collapse of the United States Federal Government into this low failed subverted state.

Intelligent people are aware of such things and keep them in mind, whereas others want to simply play with their Dinkies or whatever.  Don't forget those already dying due to climate change while we have a Science Denier running our country.

If we continue on in the path we're on there won't be any place left to play with those Dinkies..

So yes, a reminder from LL to vote, and thank you.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Liberal democracy is about so much more than citizens casting ballots, it's a celebration of our collective Enlightenment, cultivated by our system and way of life, our cosmos-granted abilities to elevate our thoughts and perceptions and judgements above that of kings and tyrants and deprived men with the light illuminating all via critical investigative journalism, bolstered by a credible judicial defense of equality and truth, the establishment of non-corrupt elections, the reign of a legislative branch that always serves the people above pecuniary corporate oligarchical and hegemonic interests, and an executive branch that is held to the highest standards of all humanity.

We have a failed system, there's no possibility of a non-failed result, the inputs to the election this cycle lack legitimacy, there has not been a credible public engagement with the issues of our day, our entire system has been jammed with five letters and a conspiracy of traitors up to their necks in sabotage, subversion, and obstruction of our system. These are Capital Crimes and in order for there to be peace there must be justice, in order for there to be justice there must be lawfulness in the government and in all sectors of society and economy, but in order for there to be lawfulness, there must be Constitutionality. We are utterly deprived.

I'm looking for assistance relocating to a stable and prosperous liberal democratic country. Through no fault of my own, my autistic, CPTSD, ADHD, and transgender conditions have made it difficult for me to find the friends, allies, and paths that normal people have already taken to secure their futures. I've run out of time and cannot afford to watch my life wasted by this failed system even just one more cycle, I've lost two decades of my life and career to this madness, my best years, my best hopes. I cannot go on like, there must be a path out of this to hope and it needs to appear soon, I've fallen so far behind where my life was supposed to be, I'm not even where I was supposed to be in 2002.

Everything has been on hold waiting for the world to wake up, reaffirm, and faithfully prosecute its commitment to equality and liberty and justice for all humanity, and yet all anyone can be bothered to do are paste up platitudes denying the depth and severity of the systemic failures that we all now face by encouraging false hope in a failed electoral system serving a corrupted and subverted one-party two-brand machine that itself exists only to service capitalism the overwhelming majority of the time.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. As I suspect as most people claiming to leave the U.S. after the 2016, election you won't go anywhere.  People of a particular party always claim the system is 'broken' unless it's their guy who wins. You can't have it both ways. 

We are not a perfect country but I doubt you'd have it as good anywhere else in the world, but good luck finding it in either case. We all deserve to be happy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

We are not a perfect country but I doubt you'd have it as good anywhere else in the world

I'd say one of the 30,000 dying each year due to lack of health insurance in the US, provided in all other wealthy countries and most not-so-wealthy ones, would rather have lived in one of these other DECENT countries that don't allow its citizens to die without care. 

Not to mention all those who will be thrown off ACA health insurance and lose pre-existing condition protection should you have your way in the election.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. As I suspect as most people claiming to leave the U.S. after the 2016, election you won't go anywhere.  People of a particular party always claim the system is 'broken' unless it's their guy who wins. You can't have it both ways. 

We are not a perfect country but I doubt you'd have it as good anywhere else in the world, but good luck finding it in either case. We all deserve to be happy. 

This is not a business-as-usual political cycle. You can't ignore the systemic breakdown of constitutionality, lawfulness, equality, and liberty of a system of constitutional democracy as if that's some superficial and partisan upset. The idea of partisanship with two brands from a single-party system is non-credible, you're describing a farce rather than a liberal democracy. Wake up. The system is intolerable, we will not go on like this no matter what happens in November.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thank you all for your replies.  I very much appreciate the ones which were written as thoughtfully as mine was, not simply to insult - those say much about the people posting.  Although I'd prefer not to read about politics here, I know it will happen, and I know that LL will post about it if they feel it's important.  My point, if any still don't understand, is that the approach appeared to me as a matter of ignorance.  I do read most of the blog posts as I like to be aware of what is happening in and to our virtual world; it would be nice to meet that same awareness from LL about their residents (I wonder when we'll have a non-US Bellisseria house type ... never mind).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:
8 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

This is not a business-as-usual political cycle. You can't ignore the systemic breakdown of constitutionality, lawfulness, equality, and liberty of a system of liberal democracy as some partisan upset. The idea of partisanship with two brands from a single-party system is non-credible, you're describing a fantasy rather than reality. Wake up.

Sadly many people are not aware of the crisis we are in.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

USA 16%, Europe 61%, wayback in 2007, according to an independent data gathering company comScore.

According to Linden Lab themselves at the time, close to 27% of active residents were in the US, 13.5% in Germany, 8.2% in France and 6.7% in the UK.

I can't find any newer data.

I recall seeing stats several years ago which indicated that the USA had the highest number of residents (compared to other countries, not to whole continents) and the second highest was Brazil.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Thank you all for your replies.  I very much appreciate the ones which were written as thoughtfully as mine was, not simply to insult - those say much about the people posting. 

Your post was an insult.  LL is one of the most inclusive and diverse organizations you could ever find.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

From what I understand, just about anyone can vote in the U.S. elections.. hehehehe

Maybe I should make some copies of my ballot when it comes in (my state has been using mail-in ballots for over 20 years with zero voter fraud) and then share them with our European friends so they can vote, too? 🤭

https://www.opb.org/news/article/history-vote-by-mail-oregon-elections/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

This is not a business-as-usual political cycle. You can't ignore the systemic breakdown of constitutionality, lawfulness, equality, and liberty of a system of constitutional democracy as if that's some superficial and partisan upset. The idea of partisanship with two brands from a single-party system is non-credible, you're describing a farce rather than a liberal democracy. Wake up. The system is intolerable, we will not go on like this no matter what happens in November.

The U.S. will be just fine. Why are you so alarmist? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

The U.S. will be just fine. Why are you so alarmist? 

People die without health insurance -- they can't get treatment....why can't you see that?

* ooops, forgot about your mindset where it's okay to let the "weak" and the "losers" die. 

"Might makes right" and to change that would go against the social Darwinism conservatives love.

Having a bottom class where people suffer is okay in your book and, attempting to give more to the suffering lower classes instead of funneling it to the wealthy top is a limit on freedom.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Maybe I should make some copies of my ballot when it comes in (my state has been using mail-in ballots for over 20 years with zero voter fraud) and then share them with our European friends so they can vote, too? 🤭

That's what the state says 🤣

Edited by Sassy Kenin
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Sure would be the freenly thang ta do...

hehehe

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.