Not registering to vote

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

is there anyone else on the ballot besides those two?

I wanna check out my options.. hehehehe

ETA: I just found the list and came across Kanye west.. The Birthday Party.. I'm soo doin it!! \o/

Maybe I'll get invited..hehehehe

Well there is always Vermin Supreme.. and his promise is still valid.   FREE PONIES

3Le5.gif

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

It wasn't a case of 'suddenly' not wanting to talk about something.  I didn't want to talk about anything but the actual topic.  Perhaps my brain works differently from some but my intention was simple.  Believe that or not it is the truth.  I am quite straightforward really, and I try to be precise.  That makes my focus perhaps a little narrow sometimes and I'm surprised at what happens.

If it helps, and it might not, I tried that 16 personalities test, the result of which was that I am apparently a Logician type.  Test-worthiness aside, when I'm in my own world of thoughts it's less likely that I can predict what others will do, even were I to consider it.  The only games I'm inclined to play with people are puzzles and the like.

Was all that worth saying?  I don't know.  On past forum form I expect it will be misinterpreted or doubted as well.

Its because of how you come across at times. you act at times that you have the say in what is allowed or not here. that if you dont like it, it shouldnt be here instead of just not reading it or just ignoring it like everyone else would do.

that test is not accurate and should not be taken as an absolute as to what you are. according to that test im a turbulent mediator.. had I taken that test when I was in my 20's it would have been different, and it will change in years to come too. Those tests are by no means truly accurate to what a person is. your personality can and does change over the years.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Yea, I'm just not into  either of the choices we have now for president.. I'm just showing up for the congress votes and local stuff more than anything..

I'm not thrilled with either one, but one gives me significantly less thrills. I'm voting more to run up the popular vote total to help give the national popular vote movement a little more momentum so we can kick the idiotic electoral college system as it is today to the curb.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm curious where he'd get all them ponies..

We had a couple ponies  years back.. They were the most orneriest things. They loved to try and rub you off on a fence post or tree and always had to keep an eye on them reaching back to nip your leg..

And omg they loved to step on your feet..

Oh am I stepping on your foot, Are you sure it's me.. I don't think I'm on your foot..here let me check real quick and see.. Nope I'm not the one stepping on your foot..

Then show them the end of the rein and .. oh it was me..I'm soo soo sorry.. I had no idea!! \o/

Ponies are not what everyone cracks them up to be..

These are the riding ponies,  not them 2 foot tall ones you can cuddle with..

hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

I'm not thrilled with either one, but one gives me significantly less thrills. I'm voting more to run up the popular vote total to help give the national popular vote movement a little more momentum so we can kick the idiotic electoral college system as it is today to the curb.

They'd restructure it before getting rid of it.. It'll never come down to the popular vote.. We'd have less states counting than we do now..

• Like 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

They'd restructure it before getting rid of it.. It'll never come down to the popular vote.. We'd have less states counting than we do now..

The national popular vote is restructuring the electoral college. It's a compact between states to give their electors to the candidate that wins the popular vote. That way the winner of the popular vote wins the election. The election wouldn't be about winning states the, it would be about winning the most votes.

https://www.nationalpopularvote.com

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

The national popular vote is restructuring the electoral college. It's a compact between states to give their electors to the candidate that wins the popular vote. That way the winner of the popular vote wins the election. The election wouldn't be about winning states the, it would be about winning the most votes.

Well, I'm not gonna get all into it today because work has me worn out.. I just know Kanye is getting my vote this round.. hehehehe

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

The Electoral College is fine as is and should not be tampered with. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/11/15/in-defense-of-the-electoral-college/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Its because of how you come across at times. you act at times that you have the say in what is allowed or not here. that if you dont like it, it shouldnt be here instead of just not reading it or just ignoring it like everyone else would do.

that test is not accurate and should not be taken as an absolute as to what you are. according to that test im a turbulent mediator.. had I taken that test when I was in my 20's it would have been different, and it will change in years to come too. Those tests are by no means truly accurate to what a person is. your personality can and does change over the years.

In your judgement of me you give no evidence whatsoever, and you cannot speak for everyone else.  I don't regard myself as any sort of moderator in this forum.  I can only guess at what instances you mean;  if I suggest that people stick to the topic, that is completely within the forum rules, and I say it in good faith.

I understand that the test could be inaccurate, but it is after all grounded in repeating back to me what I gave them, so there is truth in it.  I did add disclaimers to the mention of the test, so, no, I don't take it as absolute.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Well, I'm not gonna get all into it today because work has me worn out.. I just know Kanye is getting my vote this round.. hehehehe

I really hope you reconsider this. It isn't a big surprise to anyone reading the Forums for the past years that I believe there is a truly Evil in office. I understand "not being thrilled" with either (or any candidate), but it simply comes down to "lesser of two evils." I am not a H. Clinton fan, or even close, but I voted for her because I knew what a nightmare the alternative was. (How much of one, no one could foresee.) In 2016 some people saw voting for the crazy person as a "funny" thing to do (there were a lot of young people who did that), or there were IDIOTS who were Bernie fans and so miffed that Bernie didn't get it that in their crazy logic saw voting for Trump as "better" than voting for Clinton... and so on. Your vote counts.

People say Clinton won the popular vote in 2016. She did not. Who won the popular vote in 2016? "Not voted." (<<< said in part to make a point, but mostly to keep this comment on topic)

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I really hope you reconsider this. It isn't a big surprise to anyone reading the Forums for the past years that I believe there is a truly Evil in office. I understand "not being thrilled" with either (or any candidate), but it simply comes down to "lesser of two evils." I am not a H. Clinton fan, or even close, but I voted for her because I knew what a nightmare the alternative was. (How much of one, no one could foresee.) In 2016 some people saw voting for the crazy person as a "funny" thing to do (there were a lot of young people who did that), or there were IDIOTS who were Bernie fans and so miffed that Bernie didn't get it that in their crazy logic saw voting for Trump as "better" than voting for Clinton... and so on. Your vote counts.

People say Clinton won the popular vote in 2016. She did not. Who won the popular vote in 2016? "Not voted." (<<< said in part to make a point, but mostly to keep this comment on topic)

I don't think it's nice to call people who don't vote idiots. The reason being everyone has a choice to participate in voting or not, simple as that. They are just exercising their right to not vote. I know that seems like an odd thing to say but I really don't think the name calling is at all necessary.  I did literally do a near guffaw reading that Clinton was the lesser of two evils. That's rich. 

**No one was called idiots for not voting , I misread. Sorry!

Edited by Gage Wirefly
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Gage Wirefly said:
9 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Expand  

I don't think it's nice to call people who don't vote idiots. The reason being everyone has a choice to participate in voting or not, simple as that. They are just exercising their right to not vote. I know that seems like an odd thing to say but I really don't think the name calling is at all necessary.  I did literally do a near guffaw reading that Clinton was the lesser of two evils. That's rich. 

I've reread her post multiple times.  Here IDIOTS statement was specifically directed at those "who were Bernie fans and so miffed that Bernie didn't get it that in their crazy logic saw voting for Trump as "better" than voting for Clinton".

I can't see where she ever call people who didn't vote IDIOTS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've reread her post multiple times.  Here IDIOTS statement was specifically directed at those "who were Bernie fans and so miffed that Bernie didn't get it that in their crazy logic saw voting for Trump as "better" than voting for Clinton".

I can't see where she ever call people who didn't vote IDIOTS.

You are correct. 

• Like 1

Well hey, I'll take the blame.  Not only do I feel people who don't vote are idiots -- I think they are murderers.  Because lots of people are going to die without the health insurance & pre- existing health care protections Mango Mussolini and his Minions are this very minute trying to take away.

* 130 million Americans have pre-existing conditions. 24 million Americans are only able to afford health insurance due to the ACA.

Also, protections for LGBTQI individuals at risk, as well as protections for women needing abortions.

Don't miss the live discussion on Amy Barretts hearing -- Sen Mike Crapo talking now (what a name)...lol

Edited by Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.