Not registering to vote

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

blogs and the forums are two separate entities with different rules pertaining to both. what might not be allowed in one may be allowed in the other. especially since the one in question is run by the company, which has total control and power over what is and is not allowed and doesnt really have to care what anyone else thinks about what they say or why.

It's still hypocritical though.  It's a do as I say, not do as I do.  I can do it but you can't, more or less.  It doesn't need to be in a blog to register to vote.  Duh.   Not to mention, we know.  Duh.  

• Like 1

Doesn't really matter if its hypocritical or not, its still their choice to do what they want regardless of what anyone else thinks or feels about it. Either ignore it or just accept the fact that they are not going to only do what others say or think they should.

The Op likes to think they are some sort of forum police and gets to decide what is relevant and allowed in the forums. well they are not and never will be. Neither is anyone else here in the forums. No one has any power or control over what the mods or admins or the company says or does. complaining about it is just a waste of space and time and energy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Doesn't really matter if its hypocritical or not, its still their choice to do what they want regardless of what anyone else thinks or feels about it. Either ignore it or just accept the fact that they are not going to only do what others say or think they should.

The Op likes to think they are some sort of forum police and gets to decide what is relevant and allowed in the forums. well they are not and never will be. Neither is anyone else here in the forums. No one has any power or control over what the mods or admins or the company says or does. complaining about it is just a waste of space and time and energy.

I'm just voicing my opinion about it.  Some of us are doing our best to keep politics out of SL and the forums.  I think LL should consider the same.  Sending condolences on catastrophes for example seems appropriate but this is a political statement and many SL users want this to be our fun place.   I am beginning to agree with keeping SL as my fun place and keep politics out of it.  The statement just seems inappropriate to me, plus they should have worded it "U.S. residents, time to register to vote" as it does not include the world.  The internet is the world.  K.  I've said enough of my opinion on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

With that out of the way, who y'all votin fer?

I think I'm votin Triden.... I mean Frump.. I mean,  what was that gorillas name they put on the ballet last time?.. That's the guy I'm goin fer.!! \o/

I always knew who to vote in my life since i was a kid. That's why i always loved Rockstar Games creativity in GTA V. NOBODY.

EfosbwzU8AIbHON.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I'm just voicing my opinion about it.  Some of us are doing our best to keep politics out of SL and the forums.  I think LL should consider the same.  Sending condolences on catastrophes for example seems appropriate but this is a political statement and many SL users want this to be our fun place.   I am beginning to agree with keeping SL as my fun place and keep politics out of it.  The statement just seems inappropriate to me, plus they should have worded it "U.S. residents, time to register to vote" as it does not include the world.  The internet is the world.  K.  I've said enough of my opinion on it.

When a major event such as the US elections happens which can have an effect on how LL operates its only natural for them to want to remind people to vote. 

The OP is just getting upset that a blog was directed at US people and not her people. Kind of sad really..

People on these forums get too bent out of shape way too easily about certain things and its just a waste of time and space and energy doing so. 

These forums will never be just how one person or one group wants them to be ever. If you dont like it or cant accept it, then dont read it. 

No one is forcing anyone to read the blog posts. if they do and then get upset its their own fault about it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

With that out of the way, who y'all votin fer?

I think I'm votin Triden.... I mean Brump.. I mean,  what was that gorillas name they put on the ballet last time?.. That's the guy I'm goin fer.!! \o/

Sounds like drunk voting; a new college fad.  

1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

the majority of SL users are US-based

USA 16%, Europe 61%, wayback in 2007, according to an independent data gathering company comScore.

According to Linden Lab themselves at the time, close to 27% of active residents were in the US, 13.5% in Germany, 8.2% in France and 6.7% in the UK.

I can't find any newer data.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

USA 16%, Europe 61%, wayback in 2007, according to an independent data gathering company comScore.

According to Linden Lab themselves at the time, close to 27% of active residents were in the US, 13.5% in Germany, 8.2% in France and 6.7% in the UK.

I can't find any newer data.

Yea, but 16% murica means 100% F'yea!! \o/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Has Linden Lab forgotten that not all of the residents in Second Life pass their actual lives within the borders of the United States?  The latest blog entry called 'Register to Vote' blithely tells me that my voice matters, that I can register to vote online, and to check if my state requires identification.  Well, no, my voice doesn't matter in this instance, I'm not qualified to vote, and I do not live in a state.  I understand where this is coming from; I imagine the blog writer found it hard not to display a political bias.  Now is it so hard for them to open their mind so far as to realise that for a good portion of residents, this blog entry is saying we are irrelevant?  All it required was a simple disclaimer that the intended audience was U.S. only but we don't merit even that.  If Linden Lab wishes to enjoy an international presence it needs to acknowledge its international residents' reality.

I completely agree and I must say having missed myself the larger groups of overseas residents we once had that added so much more cultural diversity when meeting people, often one of the biggest mistakes the lab has made in the last 5yrs is letting go of the idea they are a global platform.

FYI..anyone with a last name that rhymes with Pastry is all right by me!😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Now is it so hard for them to open their mind so far as to realise that for a good portion of residents, this blog entry is saying we are irrelevant?  All it required was a simple disclaimer that the intended audience was U.S. only but we don't merit even that. 

In Psych circles this is called "stinkin thinkin" -- basically an error in logic.  Just because you mention X does not mean Y is excluded. You are reading this meaning into it but it's not true.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 9:56 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

Yea, but 16% murica means 100% F'yea!! \o/

MURICA!!!

( IQ Test: If you have 1 bucket with 2 gallons and 1 bucket with 4 gallons, how many buckets you got? )

[Moderator Edit: Gif with Obscenity Removed]

Edited by Dakota Linden
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'd just put the smaller bucket in the bigger bucket to impress all mah frens that i was carri'in 6 gallons a water with 1 hand..

But I'd have to have mah husban do the carri'in for meh cuz I cain't even lif 2 gallons mu'self..

Edited by Dakota Linden
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I'd just put the smaller bucket in the bigger bucket to impress all mah frens that i was carri'in 6 gallons a water with 1 hand..

But I'd have to have mah husban do the carri'in for meh cuz I cain't even lif 2 gallons mu'self..

That's smart!

Loved that movie, btw!

1ba7867bc8d2254c6a426f5c46f29f2f.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

ID not even required in some states.

image.png.b620fd7b237788037fb8e44973f00e4b.png

Non-strict states allow voters without the required documentation to cast a sworn affidavit or reasonable impediment declaration or to have a poll worker vouch for them in order to vote, while strict states require voters to cast a provisional ballot and later provide additional proof of residency to their election officials in order for their vote to count. 

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Non-strict states allow voters without the required documentation to cast a sworn affidavit or reasonable impediment declaration or to have a poll worker vouch for them in order to vote, while strict states require voters to cast a provisional ballot and later provide additional proof of residency to their election officials in order for their vote to count. 

Damn... I thought all I needed was a stamp.. Now you mean i have to do more stuff? WTF U.S. Just wtf?

hehehe

• Haha 2

I would like to see LL go a step further and publicly proclaim which candidate they support in the Presidential election-of course this won't happen because they like the money too much to do such a silly thing, right? 

Either way, VOTE. I don't care what side you are on in the U.S. but your vote is your voice. Use it.  

5 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

I would like to see LL go a step further and publicly proclaim which candidate they support in the Presidential election-of course this won't happen because they like the money too much to do such a silly thing, right?

lol... it's pretty obvious what they would say :SwingingFriends:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.