Not registering to vote

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I think we’re already there, which is why it’s even more disheartening to see any attempt discourse made light of.

No one knows what follows, but the whole world is watching.

As I mentioned a few posts back, just because some of us don't want posts about politics here doesn't mean we don't care about the issues.  Politics was not the topic, but I despaired of it keeping on track when the soapboxers moved in.  As for the whole world - well, some of us don't consider the US to be the centre of it, so frankly we're watching other things. 

Backyard Cats.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

It's the most egregious violation of our sacrosanct Universal Human Rights. You can't take our culture, our sovereignty, our free spirits, our stewardship of the cosmos' world around us and ourselves-- you cannot take these things away, not even with laws and order. You have no such right. You don't have a right to build an economy that elevates your loyal psychopaths and degrades us all in counterbalance. You don't have a right to unleash a criminal army of lawless ungovernable blue-uniformed paramilitary murderers upon our world. You don't have a right to walk into a library and burn books, you don't have a right to walk into a museum and vandalize statues and paintings, you don't have a right to walk into a school and shout down the teachers, you don't have a right to walk into a hospital and shout down the doctors, you don't have a right to force a peaceful world to war over crimes great or small and saddle an entire world with illegal war crime debts, you don't have a right to control womens' bodies and lives, you don't have a right to declare all the other gods as blasphemous lies, you don't have a right to pollute our air, soil, water, crops, and livestock, and you don't have a right to stand between us and the cosmos' will for our lives and this material world. You think and believe that because you have money you somehow have attained these rights over us all. You have not. You've made life hopeless and unlivable.  You have miscalculated fatally. Now what follows?

There are no Universal Human Rights and never was. Human rights are decided by the government of the nation you live in and nothing more. There are no entitled rights or privilege's that anyone anywhere has. The only rights you have are what the country you live in gives you and yes they can be taken away at any point in time by that government if they decide too regardless if you agree or like it or not. Freedom of choice is a lie, and always was. Just most people are too stupid to realize it. The government can make any laws or regulations its wants and yes you do have to obey them or be punished if caught not doing so, no matter if you agree to this or not. You really dont have a choice or decision or say in it at all. You might want to think you do or say or claim so, but you dont at the end of the day.

23 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

As for the whole world - well, some of us don't consider the US to be the centre of it, so frankly we're watching other things.

This is a global issue if you believe absolutely in Universal Human Rights. This isn't actually about any one country in particular, it seems obvious that there are global implications to a government failure in a nuclear-armed state whose criminal controlling faction believe might makes right and the ends justify the means and don't care about anyone's ideas but their own and don't feel they have any social or human obligation to the world around them, or even to its ecosystems, and who show such impotent rage and open contempt for any virtue.

Like, for real, where do you think it all leads? The entire world has a role in this too, they've been far too complicit for far too long with the worst abuses of pirate-occupied ship of state US hegemony these last two decades. They've ignored the oppressed majority US citizens' pleas to anyone and everyone for sufficient and timely help prosecuting the war criminals to the highest office, purging the world-ending corruption, bolstering the decaying international structures of Universal Human Rights and equal justice, stopping the encroaching theocratic human hatreds and pathologies, and sending a chilling message to posterity that we don't tolerate this stuff anymore whatsoever, because, after all, this is 21st century and humanity has an overdue appointment with the next stage of its spiritual evolution.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

As I mentioned a few posts back, just because some of us don't want posts about politics here doesn't mean we don't care about the issues. 

I didn’t say or imply that, but posting cat pictures over and over because you suddenly don’t want to talk about what developed is just as bad as someone soapboxing. You opened a can of worms. 

6 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Politics was not the topic, but I despaired of it keeping on track when the soapboxers moved in. 

What did you think was going to happen when you title a thread “Not registering to vote?” I mean...honestly, this was going to happen regardless of your intent, just off the title alone.

14 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

As for the whole world - well, some of us don't consider the US to be the centre of it, so frankly we're watching other things. 

C’mon. The I’m not American, I don’t care thing is getting old. You started the thread lol.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

There are no Universal Human Rights and never was. Human rights are decided by the government of the nation you live in and nothing more. There are no entitled rights or privilege's that anyone anywhere has. The only rights you have are what the country you live in gives you and yes they can be taken away at any point in time by that government if they decide too regardless if you agree or like it or not. Freedom of choice is a lie, and always was. Just most people are too stupid to realize it. The government can make any laws or regulations its wants and yes you do have to obey them or be punished if caught not doing so, no matter if you agree to this or not. You really dont have a choice or decision or say in it at all. You might want to think you do or say or claim so, but you dont at the end of the day.

Fortunately, you're wrong. There exist higher authorities still.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Fortunately, you're wrong. There exist higher authorities still.

No there does not. No god or goddess or any supernatural force has any say in it at all and never really did.

There is no universal power that has any control over it at all.

And there is no illuminati either..

personal morals or ethics or values or views or likes or dislikes or opinions dont matter either.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2020 at 2:18 AM, Garnet Psaltery said:

Has Linden Lab forgotten that not all of the residents in Second Life pass their actual lives within the borders of the United States?  The latest blog entry called 'Register to Vote' blithely tells me that my voice matters, that I can register to vote online, and to check if my state requires identification.  Well, no, my voice doesn't matter in this instance, I'm not qualified to vote, and I do not live in a state.  I understand where this is coming from; I imagine the blog writer found it hard not to display a political bias.  Now is it so hard for them to open their mind so far as to realise that for a good portion of residents, this blog entry is saying we are irrelevant?  All it required was a simple disclaimer that the intended audience was U.S. only but we don't merit even that.  If Linden Lab wishes to enjoy an international presence it needs to acknowledge its international residents' reality.

The title and timing of the blog made it obvious that it wasn't intended for you yet you clicked and read it anyways then somehow got offended by it? Personally I find you being upset about a US company promoting voting in the US offensive.

Edited by Ultimo Constantineau
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

No there does not. No god or goddess or any supernatural force has any say in it at all and never really did.

There is no universal power that has any control over it at all.

And there is no illuminati either..

We're all small pieces of the universe experiencing itself. We're all connected. Everything is. There are some pretty important implications to that, well worthy of careful contemplation, friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chroma Starlight said:

We're all small pieces of the universe experiencing itself. We're all connected. Everything is. There are some pretty important implications to that, well worthy of careful contemplation, friend.

The universe is not alive and never was. Its dead. There is no universal force or consciousness. We are not connected by anything except the planet we live on and the air we breathe, nothing else. People like you who think there is some magical connection between everyone are a riot. Just like the flat earthers and the mandella effect believers..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

The universe is not alive and never was. Its dead. There is no universal force or consciousness. We are not connected by anything except the planet we live on and the air we breathe, nothing else. People like you who think there is some magical connection between everyone are a riot. Just like the flat earthers and the mandella effect believers..

Whether or not there is a universal consciousness is a matter of debate, A universal force is a necessity for existence. By that I mean physical laws. Without those there would be nothing. Absolute nothingness. Of course that begs the question of where these physical laws came from. Are we living in a simulation, and then another simulation within SL? 

The universe is not dead. A constant interaction of particles.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

The fact that you state this with such certainty is suspect, as we haven't been able to prove your assertions. The reality is that we don't know all the ways we're both connected & separate. Our measuring devices are limited because we can't conceive of anything beyond what a human can see -- we can't measure everything with defective instruments. The most we can say is that we rationally don't know what life is, and personally I think we (humans) never will know. We're increasingly skilled at measuring how the material world interacts, one element with another, yet we can't understand just what 'it' is that is interacting and how it came to be -- we simply don't know what 'it' is at the core.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion, but you look like a fool when you state opinions about something so vast with such certainty and without proof, all the while trashing others whose opinions differ from yours. This is all very, very different from those who deny science and believe the earth is flat.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Whether or not there is a universal consciousness is a matter of debate, A universal force is a necessity for existence. By that I mean physical laws. Without those there would be nothing. Absolute nothingness. Of course that begs the question of where these physical laws came from. Are we living in a simulation, and then another simulation within SL? 

The universe is not dead. A constant interaction of particles.

The universe in and of itself is dead, the only thing alive in the universe is life itself. even the planets are dead even though some people like to try and claim that the planet is alive.

people like to attribute life to many things that are lifeless just to make it easier for them to accept the truth of reality. 

you get one life and that is it, you get one chance at living and when you die you become nothing but lifeless mindless energy.

people just dont want to accept the possible chance that there is nothing else, because it makes life pointless. that every moral or ethical choice or opinion really doesn't matter at the end of the day. there is no afterlife or purgatory or hell or heaven like everyone has been fooled into thinking by religion. there is no reward for being good after you die, there is no punishment for being bad after you die.

what you do only matters to you and those near you and no one else. the butterfly effect is false.

your last sentence makes it seems as if atoms themselves are alive. they are not. they are just energy obeying the laws of physics.

and where did those laws come from, we decided what they were through the laws of science.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

The universe in and of itself is dead, the only thing alive in the universe is life itself. even the planets are dead even though some people like to try and claim that the planet is alive.

people like to attribute life to many things that are lifeless just to make it easier for them to accept the truth of reality. 

you get one life and that is it, you get one chance at living and when you die you become nothing but lifeless mindless energy.

people just dont want to accept the possible chance that there is nothing else, because it makes life pointless. that every moral or ethical choice or opinion really doesn't matter at the end of the day. there is no afterlife or purgatory or hell or heaven like everyone has been fooled into thinking by religion. there is no reward for being good after you die, there is no punishment for being bad after you die.

what you do only matters to you and those near you and no one else. the butterfly effect is false.

I get your point. But you missed mine.

3 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

The universe is not alive and never was. Its dead. There is no universal force or consciousness. We are not connected by anything except the planet we live on and the air we breathe, nothing else.

Do you have a quick reference for this? I looked on Wikipedia but couldn’t find it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

I didn’t say or imply that, but posting cat pictures over and over because you suddenly don’t want to talk about what developed is just as bad as someone soapboxing. You opened a can of worms. 

What did you think was going to happen when you title a thread “Not registering to vote?” I mean...honestly, this was going to happen regardless of your intent, just off the title alone.

C’mon. The I’m not American, I don’t care thing is getting old. You started the thread lol.

It wasn't a case of 'suddenly' not wanting to talk about something.  I didn't want to talk about anything but the actual topic.  Perhaps my brain works differently from some but my intention was simple.  Believe that or not it is the truth.  I am quite straightforward really, and I try to be precise.  That makes my focus perhaps a little narrow sometimes and I'm surprised at what happens.

If it helps, and it might not, I tried that 16 personalities test, the result of which was that I am apparently a Logician type.  Test-worthiness aside, when I'm in my own world of thoughts it's less likely that I can predict what others will do, even were I to consider it.  The only games I'm inclined to play with people are puzzles and the like.

Was all that worth saying?  I don't know.  On past forum form I expect it will be misinterpreted or doubted as well.

• Like 1

is there anyone else on the ballot besides those two?

I wanna check out my options.. hehehehe

ETA: I just found the list and came across Kanye west.. The Birthday Party.. I'm soo doin it!! \o/

Maybe I'll get invited..hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

6 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

The universe is talking to us, you just gotta listen.

(but of course doesn't say the same message to everybody.)

its different for every person because there is no message but what is made up by each individual in their own imagination. you know that thing were fantasy and self lies live..

we just want to think there is a message for it makes us feel better about our truly limited existence and importance in life. that at the end of the day what we each do really doesnt matter, life will go on, the world will go on, people will continue to live the same way.

1 minute ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

You can vote for Kanye. If you're going to waste a vote, might as well do it right. 

Yea, I'm just not into  either of the choices we have now for president.. I'm just showing up for the congress votes and local stuff more than anything..

We've been getting a raw deal for a good while now with presidential candidates..

Kanye gets my vote because I still like this song after all these years and  if I'm gonna pick something close to crazy, I'm going closer to the geneius side.. hehehehe

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.