Seeing things? Forum format?

Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I post here enough to know the answer, but I don't. Is it just me or have the forums changed format style? The "leader board" didn't used to be there? Reactions are showing differently (with the same emojis)? Or was it always like this and some how I hit a different format button?

My childhood phone number is 363-2391 but I can't remember how the forums looked yesterday? Also this when trying to post a new thread:

image.png.fc2dd440a8c601929f3ec68783c86ec4.png

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1

You aren't hallucinating. Something changed today - not big changes, but just enough to make it all look weird and feel weird.  

2 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

It looks like we are changing the color palette. Lots of changes on style but functionality appears the same.

On functionality change I noticed -- the "Report Post" is no longer a separate invisible link that shows up when you hover over it.  It and "Share" are now combined in the "..." part:

image.png.42eab629618d4c5833422ed809816dc0.png

and the Edit function moved to that same spot:

image.png.1fb466315b14d01ff5c099c814c97309.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

stat's on the right hand side, not much interest to me, might be useful to someone.

On one or two threads I ended up on from using "Unread Content"  method, the info in the sidebar on the right did remind me that was a thread I no longer wanted to read, even without seeing the thread title, so that was useful to me.

Yes they changed format, also in threads with a large number of replies there is a side panel on the right with the most popular posts , users etc.. that if i remember well didn't exist.

937771045_Screenshot_2020-09-18Howdoesyouravatarlooktoday.thumb.png.1c1d212015dcb51f5585dc4ef1e29032.png

Edited by Nick0678

I was annoyed when my selection of the Dark Theme was dumped, and I was back to the  Blackblack on Whitewhite - which causes my migraines, but on the whole it seems okay now I switched it back to the Dullgrey on Darkgrey that I can survive with.  The alternative of using Night Eye to make a dark theme out of the Default is also okay.  Not sure how I'll end up yet.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

I was annoyed when my selection of the Dark Theme was dumped, and I was back to the  Blackblack on Whitewhite - which causes my migraines, but on the whole it seems okay now I switched it back to the Dullgrey on Darkgrey that I can survive with.  The alternative of using Night Eye to make a dark theme out of the Default is also okay.  Not sure how I'll end up yet.

I am the opposite and maybe in the minority who prefers the default white for my eyes.  I do like how they have made the names bolded and larger font 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Sad they couldn't have added more reaction types. Still waiting on Hug, Disagree & Dislike

on reactions

if Linden were to change reaction types then I think some readers would also like a way to not see reactions at all

also I think some would like more finer reaction blocking control, like not show reactions from people they have blocked and show the others

Edited by Mollymews
typeo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I knew something was up when I seen that bright white blinding page when things came back up..

I was doing everything I could to get to my dark theme again.. Then it was a sigh of relief.

The only thing that seems different to me is the main pages showing the topics were moved more to the left.. I can live with that..hehehe

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.