Seeing things? Forum format?

Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am the opposite and maybe in the minority who prefers the default white for my eyes.  I do like how they have made the names bolded and larger font 

I tend to prefer a darker theme early morning, as my eyes can't handle looking at too much white in the morning.  Later in the day, I usually use a modified black-on-white setting because the dark themes get more difficult for my eyes to read as the day goes on.

Yeah, I got weird eyes.

I did just now notice the following being shown when a bit of time goes by between two posts:

image.png.eb3f4dc985d68660e116964054af0334.png

Hmmm highlight doesn't work worth a crap on the dark theme version

image.png.703275f1eae8153712f0945b502bb831.png

9 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Yes and noobs have an orange hand at the bottom of their avatar too!
Says "just joined" or something when moused over.

Where do you see that?  This is what I see for someone that has made only one post - so definitely a 'Newbie':

image.png.8200020fb0b7bbbd7d24c80899d64ff4.png

Though I did go look up their profile and even though their first post was yesterday, their Forum join date shows as mid-August.   Maybe that is why there is no orange hand.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

26 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Where do you see that?  This is what I see for someone that has made only one post - so definitely a 'Newbie':

I saw it on someone's icon yesterday, but not today. If they're still fiddling around, it would be great if they took that informative sidebar for posts with a bunch of replies off mobile devices. It's not a big deal on a 27" monitor, but a quarter of the screen on an iPad is a lot.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Someone made it look like ass on an iPad.

I tired to post from my iPad this morning and couldn't, Not sure if it's me or something that changed with the forums. I used the forums a lot with my tablet since i can't get to SL with it. 

16 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Sad they couldn't have added more reaction types. Still waiting on Hug, Disagree & Dislike

10 hours ago, Mollymews said:

on reactions

if Linden were to change reaction types then I think some readers would also like a way to not see reactions at all

also I think some would like more finer reaction blocking control, like not show reactions from people they have blocked and show the others

The problem with negative reactions is they're generally used to troll and harass. Blizzard had to remove them from their forums entirely.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

The problem with negative reactions is they're generally used to troll and harass. Blizzard had to remove them from their forums entirely.

Ah, but people being people have found a way to turn a positive into a negative for trolling. This forum is rife with scorn laughs. So much so  that I feel sometimes compelled to explain, after the fact, to someone I've :D responded to tell them it is NOT a scorn laugh. And yep, I've done the occasional scorn laugh. I tend to do scorn "sads" though. :)

I'm not a fan of the visual changes. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time, but for now it just appears alien. 

As far as reactions go, I feel like most of them are superfluous already. If you don't like or agree with what someone is saying, you're free to inform them of this. If you want to show your support, clicking a 'hug' button just feels lazy. 

23 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

2de548b5f0db04cde559f5c93fc4cafd.png

Hmm, I wonder if the little hand goes away as soon as they get a Reputation point.  I saw a couple of "Newbies" yesterday, one with only 1 post and no hand, but they did have Rep points from the post.

ETA:  Nope, just disproved that theory.

ETA:  With more research, it seems to be specifically related to when the Forum account was created. Those designated as Newbies with only 1 post but where the Forum account was created months/years ago, do not get the orange hand.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

20 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

At least it still has "Dark Mode"..

Hopefully this time black/grey text will be readable. That's the main reason I kept the old light theme on and used my own extension to control everything.

Edit: This is exactly what I mean...

682a72ee77.png

279a5f895b.png

@Linden Lab

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 4:28 PM, steeljane42 said:

I don't like it too much, but after adding a few filters in uBlock to remove unnecessary elements on top and especially on the right and make page centered again.. it's tolerable.

Indeed Ublock is a great plugin to have installed and when combined with Foxreplace (or similar utilities) any website/forum can be totally personalized these days to someones preference up to the level of which threads/posts/photos/features/words or even users will be shown or will be totally removed without much effort.  Plus all the nasty ads are gone.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.