What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Why does every f'in piece of clothing that is created this time of year have to be adorned in holiday crap?

Not "holiday" crap but Christmas holiday crap. I've become a bit :::cough::: more sensitive to this this year, and ffs...

Isn't there supposed to be a war on Christmas? I sarcastically joke because I sure as heck don't see it. For every one decent generic winter sweater there are 10,000 just bleah red and green something or others. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Not "holiday" crap but Christmas holiday crap. I've become a bit :::cough::: more sensitive to this this year, and ffs...

Isn't there supposed to be a war on Christmas? I sarcastically joke because I sure as heck don't see it. For every one decent generic winter sweater there are 10,000 just bleah red and green something or others. 

So....I should return the kinky elf outfit I was going to send you?

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

My step-brother wore platform heels when we were in high school in the '70's - with bell bottoms that went all the way down to the ground, wide enough to completely cover the shoes.  My sister sewed extra pieces in the legs of the pants to get them that wide for him. 

(The things we remember...   Walks away shaking her head).

That's because your ankles can never have enough roomy pants space around them...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

and if you can hide the wine bottles in there also, when a person in authority is shining a flash light around the car, that is a plus :)

Good times!  I also remember the bell bottom Levis I saved my babysitting money for since there was NO WAY mom was spending $20 on a pair of jeans.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Good times!  I also remember the bell bottom Levis I saved my babysitting money for since there was NO WAY mom was spending $20 on a pair of jeans.  

I remember the very first outfit that I bought all by myself:  A top, a pair of jeans, and a belt -- all for only $100.00 (in the 70s).  My mother told me that I was crazy, but hey, I was shopping at the "cool" store that all the popular girls shopped at.

I was a very stupid teenager - though it was only because I so desperately wanted to fit in (which I never did)

*sigh*  

Oh, and my peeve --- Not enough hours in the weekend.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I remember the very first outfit that I bought all by myself:  A top, a pair of jeans, and a belt -- all for only $100.00 (in the 70s).  My mother told me that I was crazy, but hey, I was shopping at the "cool" store that all the popular girls shopped at.

I was a very stupid teenager - though it was only because I so desperately wanted to fit in (which I never did)

*sigh*  

Oh, and my peeve --- Not enough hours in the weekend.

Candi shoes and Jordache jeans?

4497162555_3ff89dea37_z.jpg

1a740e8ed46b2b0128d353e57915e867.jpg

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

though it was only because I so desperately wanted to fit in.

I can relate to that. 

It's a rainy evening, but cozy in the house, perfect for nostalgic reminiscing - which does come with a peeve also :)

It's a peeve about myself not having the focus (and I suppose a strong enough interest) to learn all the in's and out's of UV's and AO"s and texturing things, particularly full-perm clothing templates.   I would make a long (maxi) jean skirt like I remembered making in high school where the legs were not cut off - the inseams were undone, and a big triangle of fabric sewn in on the front and the back.  Second would be the sailor jeans I would get from the military thrift store - with the square pockets and the flap in the front that buttoned up each side.    

• Like 2

Current peeve...

My nose won't stop bleeding. You'd think humidity/meds would help with it, since it's pretty normal for dry winter heat. But, sadly, no, it said eff you, I do what I want.

So now I sit here, with gauze stuffed up my nose, which hurts btw., waiting for it to knock it off so I can go to sleep, still be able to breathe, and not drown myself. 

First world problems, right?

Oh and before anyone worries, not that you would, this is actually perfectly normal for me, lol. It's still a peeve, because it's annoying as hell, but, normal all the same. I can't get it cauterized for now, so I'm stuck dealing with at least a few a week until I can. 

• Sad 6

Peeve: when a song sticks in your head - but not just any song, but an extremely explicit song. Had to try getting it out of my system in the workshop with my headphones on, and in the middle of the refrain a class mate prods me; I was terrified she'd heard through my headphones, but apparently we were just being called to a meeting. Now I'm home, and listening to the song on repeat as loud as my system goes. Catchy pop-esque industrial metal can be dangerous.

Also, when YouTube is down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: when a song sticks in your head 

I don't think I've ever taken an exam in my life without some irritating earworm throughout. It's rarely even a song that I like.

The documentary Touching the Void tells the story of two mountain climbers, one of whom fell and had to crawl through tunnels with a broken leg to have any chance of survival. As well as enduring indescribable pain and mental torment throughout his ordeal, he also found himself having to deal with an auditory hallucination of Boney M's Brown Girl in the Ring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: when a song sticks in your head

This happens to me constantly, except it's not usually just one song, it's almost always a whole bunch of them that bleed into one another. They're not even usually of the same genre/tempo/theme, just to further complicate things.

I've gotten really god at writing my own mental mashups, lol. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

My step-brother wore platform heels when we were in high school in the '70's - with bell bottoms that went all the way down to the ground, wide enough to completely cover the shoes.  My sister sewed extra pieces in the legs of the pants to get them that wide for him. 

(The things we remember...   Walks away shaking her head).

I still wear bells big enough to cover my shoes (mostly). And I still wear platforms occasionally. They still make these things and it's what I like. So there. 🤭

• Like 2

This is a rare one, but it has happened a couple of times: Getting the wrong item when you buy something. You go to buy "Blue Blouse #178456" you receive "A set of napkin ring" Errr...did I click the wrong thing? No, I clicked the right thing, let me IM or send the creator a NC. The creator...."Oh, sorry about that. I fixed it." *refunds Ls* No, no....I wanted the blouse! You IM the creator again, "I wanted the blouse! Can you send me the blouse?"

*creator is offline*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I still wear bells big enough to cover my shoes (mostly). And I still wear platforms occasionally. They still make these things and it's what I like. So there. 🤭

I would wear the big bells, if I had them.    (Adds that to her list of things to find online...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Look for flare leg jeans. If you search for bell bottoms you'll get all the big bells.

Now I need to change my RL Christmas wish list...    :)

They almost call to be worn with platforms or heels, so that you get the really long leg look.

Edited by MoiraKathleen
another thought
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

Now I need to change my RL Christmas wish list...    :)

They almost call to be worn with platforms or heels, so that you get the really long leg look.

Exactly! Without the harm wearing high heels can cost you! I keep mine to no more than 3 inches. I limit platforms to about a one inch sole. Same effect, less stress! 😁

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.