What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

After having major problems with group chats working this morning, I looked at my dashboard to see this proclamation. Ah what was I peeved at? The whole thing has been resolved! Thanks, LL!

image.png.512ccc818d6cb415d6fb035d147399a8.png

I won't believe this until I can post chat to my club group, which has been broken (on and off - more off than on) for about three years.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Just a few tweaks and I should be getting some pics done today. Tomorrow at the latest. Since it isn't a Belli home I'm not sure where I should post them. I might just start a thread for it in GD but someone will probably get offended and report it so it either gets deleted or moved to a section I don't post in and have no desire to post in.

Probably the most appropriate thread for those is "What Did You Do Today" or whatever it's called, here on the GD. It's a pretty safe bet for random pics that aren't focused on your avatar, or aren't about "the aht of photography, dahling." I am really looking forward to seeing them.

And to buying a tree for my wee cosy little boathouse today.

20 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Men! They spoil everything! 

This seems unfair. They're very good at opening jars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Since it isn't a Belli home I'm not sure where I should post them. I might just start a thread for it in GD

We used to have a GD thread for posting pics of home and gardens, which wasn't limited to any specific land type.  It used to be pretty active. It was before Bellisseria was around, and before the non-linden home mainland homes picture thread was started in the land section of the forums.  I wouldn't mind seeing it brought back (even if it's a necro) as it was already here so shouldn't offend anyone or get reported for being in the wrong section.

It's nice to see you post again :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Matter of fact, I have no desire to be a regular here anymore because of the personal vendetta against me over a deliberately misinterpreted post made about 10 years ago.

Sorry to hear that.... no one deserves to be stalked on the forums or forced to leave.

Edited by Sassy Kenin
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

ETA: Ah I should have looked elsewhere first. Apparently said "another thread" hasn't just been locked up but removed entirely. I'm with Solar on this one. It peeves me when they do that.

I think this is a community peeve, to be honest. Maybe not ALL in the community, but, enough. 

Sometimes asshatery deserves to be preserved, locked yes, but preserved. Sometimes not, and I get that too, but sometimes (probably more than not) it does. If nothing else, it can help with topics in the future when someone comes in with a "huh, what are you guys talking about..." comment. And we can go "see. THIS", and be done with it.

But, alas.......

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I had some nice gif pics saved on my desktop computer which is still suffering from having been moved 3000 miles and stored for 4 months and is not currently running.  I wanted to use my little dancing lock gif on the "so sick of...." thread and couldn't because it's not saved on my laptop.  And of course now thread is gone anyway as we all knew it would be but were surprised at how long it lasted.  But I'm still peeved about it

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Next peeve - That I have to go to work and its hot and bright and sunny outside and my sinuses hate me and are doing that annoying hurty sneezy thing...and did I mention hot and bright out there?

627c59c10d99e3c8304afff6e10d34fc.gif

Cold and windy and snowy here.  But I'll take that over hot and sticky any day.

giphy (8).gif

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Current peeve - that this damn forum software continues to show me what blocked people say because other people quote them.  Geez, at the very least is should show the quote "not expanded" and let me decided if I want it expanded.

Guess we both need to scroll faster?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The inability to properly hide quotes is why I try not to quote unless I feel it's necessary or my response, especially in certain instances. Because the software used here is so friggen flawed and I know some folks really, really don't want to read things from some people. Most of the time it's easier to address a topic without addressing a specific poster, but, unfortunately, sometimes it's not. 

I think the only workaround to this is to try and add as much white space above the quote, in the box, so that it needs to be expanded. At least, I think so, I'll have to try harder at it myself and keep testing to see if it helps. 

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 4

I’m seeing the light, so a personal back-on-track garden-variety peeve...whyyyyy is the store out of @#$^ toilet paper again...? 
don’t tell me round 2 of Bogroll Wars is upon Us? Nuuuuuuuuuu!

I pledge to do better in not touching the forum sticky-patch stuff. Agreed that energy is better spent elsewhere, real conversations, helping people, learning stuff! Sorry all! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

.whyyyyy is the store out of @#$^ toilet paper again...? 

TP began to get difficult to buy in my area - and purchase limits were put in place -- a month or two ago when the numbers started rising again and various areas threatened to go back on tighter lock-downs.

Ditto for wipes and any disinfectant.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Peeve on the toilet rolls hording too. Those are not anywhere to be found and the stores are limiting hours and access. A lot of food is out too like many canned items and they said they have no clue when more is coming in.

image.jpeg.e096c765b662f688e6afd4c19be5608b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I’m seeing the light, so a personal back-on-track garden-variety peeve...whyyyyy is the store out of @#$^ toilet paper again...? 
don’t tell me round 2 of Bogroll Wars is upon Us? Nuuuuuuuuuu!

Well, this summer I knew Americans would come together and unite to defeat our common enemy, because that’s what we do. Because we are the greatest country...

nah, just kidding, I was throwing extra mega rolls and Purell in my shopping cart all summer.

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.