What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Peeve: WTF TPs?

Ok, now that everything is mesh, it is totally normal to TP somewhere and see everyone naked, and you be naked for a while, as your body parts fly around you like some mobile on acid, right? But eventually you come together and everyone pretends nothing has happened.

I was very much fully clothed at home. I tp to a busy public region, where I know people.  OK, requisite naked happens. But wait. Um. it isn't coming together. I have a skirt and panties on, but no shirt. A necklace on but no shoes or stockings. And no eyes.

Nothing helped. I logged out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Robin Kiyori said:

The lack of proper dark, gothic clothing choices for men are exactly why my male mesh bodies lay neglected  by Vtech/Matireya and then just Marityra's flast chest is my main bod. It's  hard finding decent things without  looking like  you or Skell.  ;; Such is how small the  pool is.

Other peeve of the day:  Lack of good  Gothic furniture that doesn't kill my  LI count in just three pieces

I just want to make the inside of my  LH Cabin reflect my tastes dang it..

Pardon my enthusiasm.

Dahlia - Ophelia - Display Ad 1024.jpg

Dahlia - Lestat - Display Photo ad copy - 1024.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Ok, now that everything is mesh, it is totally normal to TP somewhere and see everyone naked, and you be naked for a while, as your body parts fly around you like some mobile on acid, right? But eventually you come together and everyone pretends nothing has happened.

I was very much fully clothed at home. I tp to a busy public region, where I know people.  OK, requisite naked happens. But wait. Um. it isn't coming together. I have a skirt and panties on, but no shirt. A necklace on but no shoes or stockings. And no eyes.

Nothing helped. I logged out.

I used to giggle when mesh heads were just starting out and I would TP to an event or store and see these huge heads floating around.  

They didn't like my "Oz the great and terrible" impressions.

6a0120a5e89f23970c01b7c93dbdec970b.jpg

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Pomeline Pancake said:

Peeve: wet socks

I'm a dumb-dumb that seems to find every damp place when my feet are clothed.

THE. WORST.

Funny (I think anyway), I watch a BDSM educator online. She does vlogs. One episode she took questions from her viewers and played "would you rather...?" And one question was would you rather xyz some masochist pain torture thing (I forget what) OR wear wet socks for a day.

Without missing a beat she said, "the xyz torture, no doubt. Wet socks are the worst. And now I have one more thing to add to my limits list." :D

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

well, only some of the people that I know pretend nothing has happened, most of us enjoy the naked fest and make lewd comments.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Which part of that is the peeve?

Or maybe I just missed a bit of the convo here.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Which part of that is the peeve?

Or maybe I just missed a bit of the convo here.

Sorry, yes, it was a reply to the peeve of ‘not enough good goth furniture’. Those were a few I have/like.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pomeline Pancake said:

Pardon my enthusiasm.

Maybe I should just let you loose in my skybox. I just can't seem to bring myself to furnishing it - I'm too easily distracted.

• Like 1

Today I am peeved at peevishness.

Today, I received (another!) anonymous gift in-world. It made me very happy -- not because I was given a pair of shoes I might easily have bought myself, but because someone was thoughtful and kind enough to think of me Someone wanted to give, for no reason other than that this is a lovely thing to do. It was the expression of generosity that mattered, and it made me feel a little better about people -- as unpopular a view as that seems to be on this thread. (Thank you @nationalelfservice!)

Today I also had a brief but lovely chat with an old forum friend who has been absent for a while -- about Christmas trees. And over the last few days I've been having another extended conversation in DM with a forumite whom I like about music, and musical instruments in SL. On Sunday, I spend a wonderful and carefree evening dancing with another friend to really cool jazz tunes from the 40s at one of my favourite clubs.

I refuse to be peeved, or unhappy, or angry, or argumentative today. Today, I am going to be happy.

I hope you all can be too.

• Like 5

Peeve: the Second Life Marketplace being silly.

Just ugh, every clothing web shop I ever looked at (which, granted, aren't a whole lot) just had one listing for a product, and then you have the size and colour options in that product listing. Having to go through 3-4 pages of the same product over and over again because there's a gazillion colour options for every darned thing is just disgusting. Especially when, once you finally get past one block of listings for the same shoes, the same creator has another 3-4 pages of the top, and 3-4 pages of the bottoms for the same outfit, also in a gazillion colours.

It makes browsing such a chore that I frequently just give up trying to find something.

So then you decide that hey, I'm 8 pages in, let's just put 'NOT <creator>' in the search to get rid of it - but when you've gotten a few pages in again, there's another creator who did the same, and then another, and then a hundred more. 

Maybe give us a block option for the MP (if there isn't one already?) so that we don't manually have to put 'NOT <creator 1> NOT <creator 2> NOT <creator 3>' etc in the search. 

It'd also get rid of the requirement for separate demo listings.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: the Second Life Marketplace being silly.

Just ugh, every clothing web shop I ever looked at (which, granted, aren't a whole lot) just had one listing for a product, and then you have the size and colour options in that product listing. Having to go through 3-4 pages of the same product over and over again because there's a gazillion colour options for every darned thing is just disgusting. Especially when, once you finally get past one block of listings for the same shoes, the same creator has another 3-4 pages of the top, and 3-4 pages of the bottoms for the same outfit, also in a gazillion colours.

It makes browsing such a chore that I frequently just give up trying to find something.

So then you decide that hey, I'm 8 pages in, let's just put 'NOT <creator>' in the search to get rid of it - but when you've gotten a few pages in again, there's another creator who did the same, and then another, and then a hundred more. 

Maybe give us a block option for the MP (if there isn't one already?) so that we don't manually have to put 'NOT <creator 1> NOT <creator 2> NOT <creator 3>' etc in the search. 

It'd also get rid of the requirement for separate demo listings.

Yeah I hate that, wish there was a way to condense/consolidate per item and you just click the item to see its different colors.

If I'm browsing a particular store, I sort to see the cheapest first so their demos show me their whole collection instead of each and every color. Doesn't help if you're not browsing by store though.

11 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Maybe give us a block option for the MP (if there isn't one already?)

I would love a MP block option, there are so many stores I’m absolutely not interested in to buy anything from. It would make searching for what I DO love and buy so much better. I’d for sure shop more. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

If I'm browsing a particular store, I sort to see the cheapest first so their demos show me their whole collection instead of each and every color. Doesn't help if you're not browsing by store though.

Yeah, I'll usually just type in 'Demo' and 'Search in this store', to see their range.

It all just doubles up to more stupidity when you take into account that people tag their stuff with everything they can think of. If you search for 'Maitreya AND Combat boots' you'll still get dresses and swimwear pop up - that have no boots at all!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Yeah, I'll usually just type in 'Demo' and 'Search in this store', to see their range.

It all just doubles up to more stupidity when you take into account that people tag their stuff with everything they can think of. If you search for 'Maitreya AND Combat boots' you'll still get dresses and swimwear pop up - that have no boots at all!

Lol yeah and don't forget the gachas that you don't want to see.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.