You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Grumpity Linden said:

The Internet as a whole is being impacted at the moment.  There are reports of a fiber cut. Our team is doing what they can with the cards we've been dealt... 

e0zm88bi8krz.png

So you're saying if one person, somewhere, runs his backhoe through one singular wire...the entire internet could go dark? o.O

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

UK appears to be at 0.  Evidently it's at least a little above that but things are sticky over here.

Ontario's at "100" according to that . . . and it's true that there appear to be no problems with my internet, generally. But I can't log in to SL at the moment, which suggests that it's not as simple as the connection at one's location. It must be impacting some (but not all) of the routes by which people in different locations connect to LL's servers.

Something is blocking some of the intertubes. Anyone got a plumber's snake handy?

2 hours ago, rasterscan said:

logged in quite happily with my free membership alt, but cannot login with my 100 buck a year premium accy

Could it be cuz of the size of your ... inventory?  I'm tellin you, SIZE DOES MATTER!!! :D

I've noticed that my alts that have VERY small inventories load REALLY FAST while my main avie that has an OMG size inventory takes FOREVER to get in and right now, is not able to get in lol.  hmm, I wonder if that's a useful thing to point out? dunno.  OMG it's starting to feel like the old days in SL hehehe.

10 minutes ago, Filipa Thespian said:

Could it be cuz of the size of your ... inventory?  I'm tellin you, SIZE DOES MATTER!!! :D

I've noticed that my alts that have VERY small inventories load REALLY FAST while my main avie that has an OMG size inventory takes FOREVER to get in and right now, is not able to get in lol.  hmm, I wonder if that's a useful thing to point out? dunno.  OMG it's starting to feel like the old days in SL hehehe.

My newest alt, with almost no inventory, will not log in.  My main and an older alt with tons of inventory were able to log in. 

Edited to add:

My alt that was on (and has a large inventory) just got bumped during a TP, and I was able to log him back on right away.  My alt with almost no inventory still will not log in.

Edited by Rhun DeCuir

Managed to get logged in on an alt. Foolishly thought that meant the issue was over so logged out to log in Pussycat and... back to seeing error messages...

EDIT: Oh, just made it in.

Ain't gonna be logging out to sample the alt just yet though... 😛

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

16 minutes ago, Rhun DeCuir said:

My newest alt, with almost no inventory, will not log in.  My main and an older alt with tons of inventory were able to log in. 

OT, but if you have a really old main, and you start a new account, and only log into the main to raid her Lindens from the Premium payout, which one is really the alt? Next level of complication, what if you mostly only log in to steal money from what was your original account so you can go to you Sister in your original accounts clan to donate the purloined funds?

whew...

Hope everyone gets SL to work eventually!!! :)

• Lindens

One of our major providers has confirmed a fiber cut. In two places! The backhoe has been seriously busy - must be taking advantage of how little traffic there is? 

Just a note to let you know that it doesn't matter which account you're trying.  It's just dumb luck for when you do manage to log in... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Grumpity Linden said:

One of our major providers has confirmed a fiber cut. In two places! The backhoe has been seriously busy - must be taking advantage of how little traffic there is? 

Just a note to let you know that it doesn't matter which account you're trying.  It's just dumb luck for when you do manage to log in... 

They need to make the fibre optic cable casings out of the stuff they use to make the black boxes in airplanes. Or run them in thick iron pipes.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.