-THE NO! LIST-

811Lord

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

You were fine with someone else linking my forum, you even quoted her, but why is it not okay for me, the person who created the forum, to do it?

It was a JOKE, Ivy.  Darn it, I knew I should've hunted around for a humorous GIF to add to it.

OK...here it is, a bit late.

303299-Watch-Out-Its-Monday.gif&f=1&nofb

Edited by Lindal Kidd

5 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

Here's my NO! List item

People who post another thread to try and copy an already popular thread that is catered to this very thing.

Hi, my names Ivy, and I created the Pet peeves thread almost 2 years ago and it has almost 120 pages

Hi my name's Dano, and 10 years ago I was one of SL's hottest dancer's and a sexual stud. Now....I'm not! I'm not bitter, life goes on, we just have to accept that we're yesterday's news!  😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

Hi my name's Dano, and 10 years ago I was one of SL's hottest dancer's and a sexual stud. Now....I'm not! I'm not bitter, life goes on, we just have to accept that we're yesterday's news!  😞

Hi my name's Molly and 10 years ago I was the hottest numbered avatar in all SL ever, like ever ever!!. Now....I'm not! I'm not bitter, life goes on, we just have to accept that butter is better than bitter. Specially when we slide around in it with hardly any clothes on 😸

• Haha 7

On 3/1/2020 at 11:17 AM, Fauve Aeon said:

Sometimes I miss dramatic teleport poofers. 😉

Of course if we use a mover to gently set people to the side at a landing point still others will complain about that too. There’s no pleasing everyone.

I like the landing point movers.  I might be weird.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:
2 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I like the landing point movers.  I might be weird.

I do, too. Yes, you are.

And there we have it, two preferences in SL: Movers and Shakers.  Oh, yeah, and people who complain about both.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

They are fun! I first encountered one at Argrace, and I kept going back just to ride it, like I was at an amusement park. 

Exactly!  They just sort of tip you off, or rattle you until you slide off... it's fun 🙂  Plus then I'm not stuck in the same place while I desperately attempt to decline the stream, etc., which freezes me in place until I'm done.

• Like 2

Before I TP to a place that I know has a teleport landing-shifter, I type "WHEEEEEEE---Hehe!!" into local local chat, ready for the moment the shifter starts. 

Its caused the odd "LOL" in reply, now and again 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 2/29/2020 at 11:55 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

How about people who use capital letters to shout at forum users?

I only got through the first page of this thread, and while I giggled at the answers, y'all said what I was thinking. So a bit of a derail, but then again, this would be on my "no" list ...

An online group chat started for a busy group. The person starting it was rather clueless and was in a BDSM group chat and not a skin applier chat. :) People told her so, which was fine. Some were more snarky than others, which is to be expected. I answered her question about "where to find?..." But the clueless person, who of course didn't acknowledge the actual help from anyone, continued on, cluelessly and IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. Finally I asked her politely to stop yelling at us. There was a pause and then *that* person joined the conversation, and there is always *that* person. "Seeker," and yes she called me out by name (grrr) "I never assume that someone is yelling because they are typing in all caps. Some people have trouble seeing..." Ohhhhhhhh, the replies that were going through my head on that! What a special little princess to be so perfect! It is *Internet* not SL convention that ALL CAPS is yelling, SL viewers have a way to increase font size and color for readability, and if you actually *know* about readability, ALL CAPS is harder for the eyes to read than lower case. Eh hem. You'll all be surprised and amazed that my adult side (small as it is) took over and I just shut up, even though I wanted to plunk her head into the pixel toilet. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

There was a pause and then *that* person joined the conversation, and there is always *that* person. "Seeker," and yes she called me out by name (grrr) "I never assume that someone is yelling because they are typing in all caps. Some people have trouble seeing..." 

Standard response to that kind of disingenuous, passive aggressive, wilfully ignorant, holier than thou rubbish on the other forum I frequent is "ODFOD."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.