-THE NO! LIST-

811Lord

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

-THE NO! LIST-
I'm starting a conversation here about the inability to think. Exaggerated selfishness and disrespect towards other users, who ultimately not only worsen the mood, but also unnecessarily harm our SL community.
My idea is that when things come to the table openly, they can find their way more easily into the heads of users and ultimately things can improve for all of us.
I think that everyone can think of points that are absolutely not necessary and that would be avoidable and should be discussed here. Even if they have already been mentioned one or more times elsewhere, because obviously one time is often not enough.
Afterwards I start here with a point that annoys me every day and is completely unnecessary.

THE NO LIST W.jpg

Edited by 811Lord
the gif was unfriendly to the eyes!

-LANDING POINT PARKER-
To whom it hasn't happened, it's a nuisance almost every day. Users who for whatever reason stubbornly park at their landing point after landing, provoking that everyone who comes after them lands on or in them. Not only is this unnecessary and easy, it is also disrespectful to assume that you are alone in the world and that every spot of it is personal property and you can do what you want there. For technical reasons, it may not be possible to leave the landing point immediately, but in most cases it is possible and neither time nor effort to go, fly, crawl after landing from the landing point or out of the landing zone! Parking at a landing point or in a landing zone is unnecessary, disrespectful to others, not conducive to mood and community! And this behavior can be changed so quickly for everyone. FOR EACH!

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

@811LordI'm thankful I don't suffer from epilepsy, and yet the gif in the OP was still unexpected and painful to view. Perhaps a warning and editing it so the flashing image isn't visible straight away would be a considerate solution.

GOOD POINT FOR AN UPDATE!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 811Lord said:

Exaggerated selfishness and disrespect towards other users

How about people who use capital letters to shout at forum users?

2 hours ago, 811Lord said:

GOOD POINT FOR AN UPDATE!

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

@811LordI'm thankful I don't suffer from epilepsy, and yet the gif in the OP was still unexpected and painful to view. Perhaps a warning and editing it so the flashing image isn't visible straight away would be a considerate solution.

Thank you Lexxi.

- someone who was helped by your attention and action

• Like 3

There are always going to be things that cause annoyance. That is a given. Sometimes venting can be a healthy therapeutic exercise. There is a pet peeve thread that is already quite popular you can use for venting. I think I even used it once.

Your post here seems to go beyond that though. The only behavior a person has control over is their own. No amount of complaining about each and every little thing you find rude or inconsiderate will change that. I would think there are much more interesting ways to spend your time. Just my simple opinion.

Edited by LyricalBookworm
  • Like 10

Threads Like this should be on that list ... I find it actually more worrying that you used soooo many words...and exclamation marks...on the landing point thing ...you know I just step aside and go my way I do not spend so many thoughts on things that I can not change...and that at the end of the day are not hurting me in any way xD

I think you should be thankful when your life is so easy that the only worries you got are ones like this in a virtual world.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

In case you didn't get Fauve's subtle hint, the thread you want has already been created...the Pet Peeve Thread.  Please air your grievances there.

But, while I am here...I find your ire at finding people on your landing spot to be overdone.  Just like them, all you need do is to take one step to solve the problem.  So I guess my Pet Peeve (for today, at least) is people who try too hard to find fault.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 811Lord said:

Users who for whatever reason stubbornly park at their landing point after landing, provoking that everyone who comes after them lands on or in them.

Can someone explain to me what is unnecessary, disrespectful, or annoying about having other people land in or on top of you? I say love thy neighbor and enjoy the warmth of huddling up with as many people as we can!

1bb0194a1cae322b521a33478ecebc31.png.63c979ae6458afb8f480b5d9cd0cb7c2.png

Group hug!!!!

I'll tell you what's a big -no- for me: that big round wooden platform at the landing point of the Sexy N00b Beach telling me every 10 seconds in Local Chat to get off (no pun intended).

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, 811Lord said:

-LANDING POINT PARKER-
To whom it hasn't happened, it's a nuisance almost every day. Users who for whatever reason stubbornly park at their landing point after landing, provoking that everyone who comes after them lands on or in them. Not only is this unnecessary and easy, it is also disrespectful to assume that you are alone in the world and that every spot of it is personal property and you can do what you want there. For technical reasons, it may not be possible to leave the landing point immediately, but in most cases it is possible and neither time nor effort to go, fly, crawl after landing from the landing point or out of the landing zone! Parking at a landing point or in a landing zone is unnecessary, disrespectful to others, not conducive to mood and community! And this behavior can be changed so quickly for everyone. FOR EACH!

Avatar stacking!!!  Where one avi piles on top of another!  That happened in the old days in the MM prize groups when many would fall in to put the last few hits on a board.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Avatar stacking!!!  Where one avi piles on top of another!  That happened in the old days in the MM prize groups when many would fall in to put the last few hits on a board.

You mean we weren't stacking on purpose and for the fun of it? 

Well.

Damn.

Joke is on me.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
joke's or jokes? safest bet joke is
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:
55 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

i remember those days. doing Impossible in Real Life things was a big part of the appeal of our madcap world :D 

It's not very often we get to do the totem pole pyramid stunt. 😉

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Well.

Damn.

Joke is on me.

My friends and I managed to stack ourselves 6 high once by TPing on top of each other - it's amazing how something like that can be so amusing.

• Like 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.