Those crazy neighbors...

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

another fun thing :)  their parcel is to small

64f1f7d4abb159e7d89bdb35b69834ba.jpg

Wow, that one is pretty blatant.  I had one similar at my old location -- something way outside the parcel, yet rooted in the parcel.  The "rooting" in the parcel shows that they know exactly what they are doing.  Definite AR.

• Like 3

About an hour ago there was an army of maybe 10-15 or Tiny Empires bots 2 regions east of my Houseboat. Got called out (NOT BY ME) in the Citizens group and a TE player confirmed the names in some database those people have...

I only saw them on the map right before they fled in advance of somebody getting in an AR... and as per the note from a Linden yesterday I won't post screenshots people took here...

But SOMETHING has got to be done about these bots... they're starting to become a recurring issue in Bellisseria now that we connect to Jeogeot and look like 'uncontrolled mainland'...

The ones from yesterday with the child Av standing on a nude avatar where right outside my houseboat - same region... so they're not just sticking to the open water... they're getting bold...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

34 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

But SOMETHING has got to be done about these bots... they're starting to become a recurring issue in Bellisseria now that we connect to Jeogeot and look like 'uncontrolled mainland'...

Are they bots or are they alts? Are they actually doing anything or just standing there?

4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Are they bots or are they alts? Are they actually doing anything or just standing there?

The stack that was there today were noted as bots by another Tiny Empires player. Some weird note in chat about one of them being the account of a player that had passed away too....

The stack from yesterday - no one can actually confirm if an account is a bot or a player. As many bots don't register as they're required to... often even Lindens and Moles can't confirm it... but when I see a stack of people all piled on each other's heads while another stands next to them... that's pretty typical TE behavior.

I know you want to paint them off as something innocent or alts looking for homes... but they're hiding under the water... not around lots like people do when using alts to get a home... some lack payment info which is a clear sign of not being premium... and they continually relocate to other water plots when approached.

And as of today... they're showing up in stacks large enough to impact regions around them.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I know you want to paint them off as something innocent or alts looking for homes

No, I don't. I just want to know why they matter. 

17 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

And as of today... they're showing up in stacks large enough to impact regions around them.

And that's why they would matter. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tomomi Fukai said:

We came up with a new game when I find a bunch of bots under the water in Belli. Walk into them with your avatar. First person to get a bot across a sim border wins. 

We used to do this long ago with bots up on some sky platform that a club owner would put out to try boosting traffic.  It was fun when you could get them to fall off the platform.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 1/5/2020 at 5:28 PM, Alyona Su said:

This! I do this because I figure sometimes people may want to play with the furniture. LOL I'f I happen to pop-in and there are visitors making themselves at home, I just poof away and let them have their fun. So, yeah, I'm a crazy neighbor!

Me too, I have my houseboat open with rez allowed and a 30 minute auto--return, so if someone wants to use my space to rez a boat they can.

Never had anyone try to use my bed though, at least not to my knowledge...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I experience the same. I even advertise that my places are open to anyone and everyone. For the most part I think the majority of people are respectful and just don't bother intentionally going into someone's home. Which brings the subject of the true usefulness of aggressive security orbs (the ones set tp TP you home instantly kind.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

The stack that was there today were noted as bots by another Tiny Empires player. Some weird note in chat about one of them being the account of a player that had passed away too....

The stack from yesterday - no one can actually confirm if an account is a bot or a player. As many bots don't register as they're required to... often even Lindens and Moles can't confirm it... but when I see a stack of people all piled on each other's heads while another stands next to them... that's pretty typical TE behavior.

I know you want to paint them off as something innocent or alts looking for homes... but they're hiding under the water... not around lots like people do when using alts to get a home... some lack payment info which is a clear sign of not being premium... and they continually relocate to other water plots when approached.

I don't understand this....Issue? activity?  Is a bot different from an alt?  or is it some kind of attachment?  I remember years ago when I did SL, there were places a player could be paid for just staying in a club or store to boost its popularity, but that was an actual person.  Even with my alt, only one of "us" can be on at a time.

Sign me,

Confused

40 minutes ago, GinaFreumann said:

I don't understand this....Issue? activity?  Is a bot different from an alt?  or is it some kind of attachment?  I remember years ago when I did SL, there were places a player could be paid for just staying in a club or store to boost its popularity, but that was an actual person.  Even with my alt, only one of "us" can be on at a time.

Sign me,

Confused

These days people run programs that log accounts in using minimal resources - not full viewers - and said accounts simply serve a purpose of being online, sometimes at specific spots.  That is what most people refer to as Bots.

Some are fully legit -- models and assistants in stores, etc.   If you use them on a parcel that is getting traffic calculated, then you have to register them with LL.  

If these are Bots (some sort of automated logged in account) specific for the Tiny Empires game then they likely are not registered as "official bots", but still called bots because they are automated.

As Pussycat mentioned, if enough of them are logged into a region, they can cause region issues.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hmmm, just a smidgen over the height limit - and nobody home, so not temporarily parked.

image.png.538b2d24384cfc17dbbad28f82428422.png

I have seen several obnoxious humongous balloons like that in Bellisseria. I haven't had any luck derendering either, since I guess once one takes off, another rezzes in its place. The one that is not too far from my Victorian doesn't have an obvious rezzer that I can block (I need to go back and examine that more thoroughly, actually).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

I experience the same. I even advertise that my places are open to anyone and everyone. For the most part I think the majority of people are respectful and just don't bother intentionally going into someone's home. Which brings the subject of the true usefulness of aggressive security orbs (the ones set tp TP you home instantly kind.)

I have never used ban lines or security orbs on any of my properties, even mainland.  In fact I never even use to check off the privacy box.  The only reason I do in Bellisseria is because some of the furniture I like is adult.   I don't care if people come on my property and use my things.  If you can use it, go for it.  Have fun.  I am just thankful there are no ban lines in Belli.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

My theory is that those orbs are a kind of sadistic game where people enjoy inconveniencing others who accidentally wander over their boundaries.

• Like 2

• Moles
12 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Me too, I have my houseboat open with rez allowed and a 30 minute auto--return, so if someone wants to use my space to rez a boat they can.

You might want to reconsider having so long an auto-return time -- only yesterday several Moles with Estate Manager powers had to waste time clearing up after a day-old throwaway account who had (we assume) been going round Bellesaria looking for parcels with open-rez turned on and rezzing some pretty nasty griefing objects when he  found them.

OK, if someone abuses your hospitality and drops a particle griefer or a graphics crasher on your parcel when you're not around, it's only going to be there for 30 minutes, which is better than leaving auto-return off completely, but that's a lot longer than it need be, especially for people living nearby,

Our LDPW vehicle rez areas have a short auto-return time -- one minute, from memory -- precisely because of that danger.     And a minute is plenty long enough to rez a vehicle, which the simulator won't  auto-return while someone is sitting on it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 13

5 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

My theory is that those orbs are a kind of sadistic game where people enjoy inconveniencing others who accidentally wander over their boundaries.

Precisely. This is exactly what it is. The same for those whose parcel are next to roads and they put up ban lines (because hitting one while seated in a vehicle will *violently* eject you from the vehicle, delete the vehicle, and sometimes even worse (ending up in a different region or even requiring a relog.)

• Like 3

On the plus side of  what neighhbors build ,,,, i was visiting a friend and  what this neighbor did i thought at first it was a linden build ,,, i am so impressed and it fits with the camper theme

i love what they did with the water tower shower and it is not an eye sore ,,,,, now this is using creativity and fits and  looks better in world than this pic   wow  love love love it  ...

cute_001.thumb.png.e37602228b86e4bdf27fda3f3969d4de.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

On the plus side of  what neighhbors build ,,,, i was visiting a friend and  what this neighbor did i thought at first it was a linden build ,,, i am so impressed and it fits with the camper theme

i love what they did with the water tower shower and it is not an eye sore ,,,,, now this is using creativity and fits and  looks better in world than this pic   wow  love love love it  ...

cute_001.thumb.png.e37602228b86e4bdf27fda3f3969d4de.png

See this is where personal taste comes into play. While you really like what was done, I would be derendering a good portion of it because I like to see the green and nature not a huge deck. That said, I personally don't care what my neighbors do and rarely would AR anyone regardless even if they have stuff outside the boundary using a root prim to anchor said object(s). I just derender what I don't want to see. I'm not saying anything in that pic is worthy of an AR to be clear. 

I also don't get why some are so put out with finding a group of seemingly unattended avatars in common areas. They don't bother me unless there were a substantial number that would prevent the occupants of the region from having access to their homes. Six unattended avatars wouldn't even spark my curiosity.

I'm all about live and let live. I don't want others trying to dictate how I use my parcel so it's only fair that I treat my neighbors as I'd like to be treated.

• Like 9

its in timpson ,,,, and it s a corner so  you have to see it to appriciate it .....  i do not do pics very well and sad that my pic could not capture how it added to the beauty ,,,,, it reminded me of parts of where i grew up ,,,, smile ,,,, the water tower ,,,, and so country ,,,,  i really need to learn how to take pics ,,,,, 

• Moles

A side effect of a long autoreturn time is if you are building on a friend's parcel and don't have your group tag set to the same group as the land you'll be working for 30 minutes, get up to grab some lunch or whatever, come back and everything has been returned. If it's only a minute or 2 you'll catch your mistake a lot sooner and lose a lot less of your work. ;)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.