Those crazy neighbors...

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hopefully that outlook is more pessimistic than necessary. I've noticed violations being removed. It's not impossible that the (is it the governance team?) peeps who deal with ARs are still working out the priorities with regard to this stuff, and there will be times when they are just busy. Our feedback here may also be important, as it is different to see a topic discussed, rather than a single person sending in an AR with minimal notes.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

And in the case i mention there was already a moles looking at it, but if it's still there or new... who am i to care again about a AR?.

I'd AR it again.  If someone was there and returned the item, it would have been with the information of why it was returned.  If the person simply puts it back out and it has to be returned a second time, I'm guessing that LL will respond a bit more harshly.  If people violate the encroachment part of the covenant over and over, I could see them getting short term inworld bans and/or losing their Linden Home and not being able to get another one.

IMO, repeat offenses are definitely in need of an AR - and hopefully are dealt with strongly.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Yeah I get that but what if it was your perfect spot with the drowning man? why should you have to leave due to selfish people 

i have already moved several times due to  situations of the invisible prim from a neighbors  items   going  onto the public land between   onto  my parcel a great amount ,    the public hedges  makes   them put trees  that drape  onto   your parcel  so  its like they now have part of your back yard   ,,,,,when i i m them i  kindly ask owner  to  move  their item/ items to their own parcle i get the snarky  attitudes and  the passive agressive  ,,, responses ,,, example  "  its public land so we are free to do on it what ever we want ,,,, "    or   if you cannot return it then its allowed to be there  ..... so i guess they feel they can take that land and then play the o only a bit on yours and what are you going to do about it attitude .  crap

the one spot was def a keeper but the stress and negative vibes from the next door ,,,, not worth it no matter how pretty  the parcel is . And i have noticed that when i abandoned usually some one from their private group gets the camper / house  so i feel a lot of times it could be intentional on their part ,,, but what do i know i am so confused anymore ,,,, 

Sadly some think they are above mole law ,,,, so    anyone want some ice cream  or chocolate to ease the stress???   sharing  icecrean  and chocolate w everyone on this thread 

Edited by roseelvira
spelling and very tired
  • Like 3
  • Sad 6

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

The Belli convenant is, again, a set of rules dropped on residents, but after short time hardly able to be maintained. In a year time some regions of Belli will be worse than mainland.

I'm hopeful it wont be equal to or worse than some Mainland locations. Linden Homes were\are geared towards newer\less experienced users to quickly get set up with a home while walking the line not to be competitive with all the freedoms offered in a Private Region.

Understandably, not everyone has (or can afford) the luxury of setting up alts to have multiple Linden Homes.  while AR - Ignore - Move was the directive to be used, once I've spent time and passion getting a home set up in a neighborhood I love (additionally if it was my only home), I'd be less inclined to move due to a neighbor's disregard-not readying the covenant infraction.  Depending on the offence, AR-Ignore sounds reasonable.

Covenants evolve, and learning what works and what could work better can take time. 

Edited by Mitch Merricks
  • Like 6

20 hours ago, karynmaria said:

I am also not really sure how I feel about all the pictures being posted making fun of others.  Which is basically what we are all doing when we post these pictures.  And I have been guilty of laughing at some of them.  I would hate to think that someone might see their home here and maybe it was their first new camper/trad/HB/vic after having an older Linden home for years and now the experience for them seems tainted because they can't live up to others decorating expectations.  JMO.

From where I sit most of the posts have been either about 'here is a violation I found' or 'is this a violation; or 'I know this is a violation but is it really enough of one'?

And I've made one or two that were 'am I in violation?'

- I've seen very few that were poking fun at people.

Where I've had my laugh, it's been at absurd levels of violation like a giant flag... and then some humor at what it might represent... but the humor comes AFTER we're sure there's a violation.

I HAVE made fun of things moles or lindens have left behind, and will also of things I make; because I figure these are fair-game targets if kept good natured.

19 hours ago, Mitch Merricks said:

I'm guessing this blog wasn't created to make fun of people & make them feel bad.  I hope it stays Light & Funny, with a dash of curious oddities found. Adding some  "maybe that's a problem?" throw in;  avoiding the Fashion Police & perceived Décor Violation finger pointing.  I suspect most poster's here get that.

I  agree with Mz. CatNap:  constructive conversation can help us all grow.  Some posts have enlightened me about what is subjective, along with what is ok and isn't ( anchor prim conversation comes to mind). 

Basically yeah. :P

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Mitch Merricks said:

And some things are just funny.  When you look at an open door or a back yard, sometimes  it can be an OMG followed by a big belly laugh. 

Caption this?   Noticed it during a drive by.  Remodeling?  Maybe a new frat house moving in. 

so2.JPG

I've actually been hoping to get some 'quality junk' like the stuff in the lawn there. The green is curious and just makes me think they're working on something. It's inside the house so nothing violating there. Is this a victorian? If so they're likely trying to figure out what to do colors wise with that HUD that's so... unpredictable...

The urinal reminded me of the De Stil movement in 1917.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's your opinion, and you'r totally free to think and mention that, but you seem to go on the style, but in this example it's about the encroaching, even after a mole intervention. Putting a stable more than a meter closer encroaching to a neighbour is like rubbing a wet cold towel in somebodies face,

Exactly. Not questions of style but the encroachment policy.

9 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Every violation of the covenant, no matter how small brings in the mindset of "if they can get away with it, then I can get away with.."  Eventually everyone will be complaining its become like mainland V2.

If this thread makes one person think twice . . . then I am all for it but if you are going to post and call out violations, do us all a favour and AR it too as requested by the moles/lindens on more than one occasion.  

^ exactly. :)If you nip things in the bud early on, people learn the rules either from experience or word of mouth, and it doesn't get out of control.

For me this thread is where I see if others agree with what I think might be a rule violation.

It's also a place where we get lucky sometimes with a Mole or Linden posting... telling us all what to be doing... even when they're telling us to back off... that's helpful. I prefer knowing if I'm getting to the point of 'going too far' hopefully soon enough to self-correct. :P

• Like 4

• Moles

If their objects are encroaching on your parcel you can return them for encroaching. You can also direct them to the part of the covenant that states that extending objects from their parcel to "claim" public land for themselves is specifically not allowed and those object can be returned without warning or notification. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

And in the case i mention there was already a moles looking at it, but if it's still there or new... who am i to care again about a AR?... move on,

One thing the thread HAS thought me... well 2 related things:

1. The AR team is small, but they do see ALL the ARs.

2. Don't multiple file. Because the team is small... it's not like your AR got lost with the intern on the 75th floor... if there's no action... that was the action.

Of course even after #2 I did multi-file one a week ago because I had something to add to it... and I'm still thinking I shouldn't have...

So my 'move on' is to try to move on from an AR I've filed.

What I am not sure on... is if something DOES get acted upon... but then the violation is put back out there... how certain am I that the violation WAS put back out... or maybe they just decided it wasn't actually a violation... <--- and I can twist myself in circles with worrying about which of those is the case... so I need to also try not to...

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

The Belli convenant is, again, a set of rules dropped on residents, but after short time hardly able to be maintained. In a year time some regions of Belli will be worse than mainland.

I actually think the opposite will come to pass.

I think as new people get used to being here... they grow from resenting the covenant (or not knowing about it), to being thankful for it... and then they try to act within it in the spirit of community goodwill.

I do NOT think most of these violations are on purpose. I think they're ignorance (lack of knowledge). Once people know... the vast majority of them want to be good neighbors and enjoy the place together.

I think we're only seeing a lot of stuff right now because Bellisseria has almost if not more than doubled in size in the last month... it's just going to take time to absorb new people in.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Don't multiple file. Because the team is small... it's not like your AR got lost with the intern on the 75th floor... if there's no action... that was the action.

Except that if you are pretty sure someone was there to deal with stuff, the person may have put the item back out. Either because they didn't see the message associated with it being returned or because they think that whomever won't bother to file a second AR.   If whomever filed the AR initially does not know that the item was returned, when they see it again, they may just assume the AR hasn't been dealt with or LL decided that the item was okay. 

So, if it is one of those maybe minor infractions that we've discussed, then it is possible that LL decided all was okay, and I wouldn't bother with a second AR.  However, for something like the horse stable, which is pretty far outside the parcel boundaries and doesn't really fit the description of those "minor items outside parcel" that we've talked about, I'd likely file a new AR - at least if I thought that someone had already been there and thus possibly the person got it returned and put it back out.  I wouldn't file another AR just because the item was still there a few days later.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I do NOT think most of these violations are on purpose. I think they're ignorance (lack of knowledge). Once people know... the vast majority of them want to be good neighbors and enjoy the place together.

I do think that this is true.  I firmly believe that the vast majority just really haven't bothered to actually READ the covenant - the entire covenant.

Whereas, there are few, that figure "if nobody around me says anything to me about it, then it is okay".  I actually had 2 people tell me this when I sent them a notecard and IM about their parcel being fully covered in snow with a blizzard going on.  One even said that if I didn't live in the region, I had no business saying anything about it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Whereas, there are few, that figure "if nobody around me says anything to me about it, then it is okay". 

I actually had 2 people tell me this when I sent them a notecard and IM about their parcel being fully covered in snow with a blizzard going on.  One even said that if I didn't live in the region, I had no business saying anything about it.

Agree,.  I"m close to an area where 1 person set out a dock blocking part of a narrow river, a week later their neighbor in that region set out an even larger one in the ocean with an anchor prim. (hit 1 with a boat and 1 with the pontoon of my plane, lol).  Looked like the classic "they did it I, it's still there, I can too", rofl.    I figured it was close enough to Moles working, it would be seen eventually and gone; and it was gone a day or two later.  

I do have a neighbor where a full lot covered in a white avalanche of snow is still in place & visible from space,rofl, although most of the obvious Christmas is gone.  Sent an AR maybe a week after the "should be removed by" date as we're instructed.  Figured they'd get to it and decide if ok,  and I just don't look much in that direction. 

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Mitch Merricks said:

Agree,.  I"m close to an area where 1 person set out a dock blocking part of a narrow river, a week later their neighbor in that region set out an even larger one in the ocean with an anchor prim. (hit 1 with a boat and 1 with the pontoon of my plane, lol).  Looked like the classic "they did it I, it's still there, I can too", rofl.    I figured it was close enough to Moles working, it would be seen eventually and gone; and it was gone a day or two later.  

I do have a neighbor where a full lot covered in a white avalanche of snow is still in place & visible from space,rofl, although most of the obvious Christmas is gone.  Sent an AR maybe a week after the "should be removed by" date as we're instructed.  Figured they'd get to it and decide if ok,  and I just don't look much in that direction. 

Having been a landlord for more than 10 years, i am actually used to covenant breaches and I think there's nothing that I haven't seen...... ( I could write a book about it... :) )

Personally I am used to keep an  eye on things... and I am trained in detecting what's not in accordance with the covenant, however only something in the vicinity of my home could bother me so much that I would decide to act. My first step is always to talk directly with the person that caused the problem and try to resolve the issue in a friendly way.

This has always worked so far..... with very few exceptions, where I decided that derendering objects was my best option.

I strongly believe that if there is good will, there is always a way ! AR would be my last chance, but this hasn't happened till now.

Edited by Loretta String
spelling....
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Loretta String said:

Having been a landlord for more than 10 years, i am actually used to covenant breaches and I think there's nothing that I haven't seen...... ( I could write a book about it... :) )

Personally I am used to keep an  eye on things... and I am trained in detecting what's not in accordance with the covenant, however only something in the vicinity of my home could bother me so much that I would decide to act. My first step is always to talk directly with the person that caused the problem and try to resolve the issue in a friendly way.

This has always worked so far..... with very few exceptions, where I decided that derendering objects was my best option.

I strongly believe that if there is good will, there is always a way ! AR would be my last chance, but this hasn't happened till now.

Even with derendering, if it is a violation such that LL "would" act on it, it should be AR'd - for the benefit of everyone in Bellisseria.  Multiple Moles and Patch have stated that we should submit ARs for those things.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Even with derendering, if it is a violation such that LL "would" act on it, it should be AR'd - for the benefit of everyone in Bellisseria.  Multiple Moles and Patch have stated that we should submit ARs for those things.

Not everyone has an option to simply De-Render, either.  I agree with Loretta that some good will & conversation can be a good start (in some situations) however no matter the polite way of discussing it, you can encounter the replies (& excuses) LittleMe experienced.

I too am a landlord, and a neighbor on Linden Land will respond in a totally different way from a Renter that is  directly beholden to the land owner or it's representative. 

While there are some that will AR every little thing (or tell a neighbor every time they breach a covenant word),  I tend to just take the Mole direction to either AR-Ignore-or Leave.  It's their job to decide what's acceptable, not mine to tell a neighbor of their over-the-top infraction and deal with the fall out.   At this Rez age, I've only AR'd twice, and once was for rental box fraud.  The other was a Linden Covenant Infraction and after 2 1/2 months was time to report and ask it to be reviewed.  

Edited by Mitch Merricks
  • Like 5

The way i handle it is i alway do everything with kindness. love and understanding. When i had to Im the neighbor  , if they respond with the snark, passave agressive  etc ,,, i will ar and then move ,,,,, If they have that attittude no mattter how much kindness /understanding  you send to them   ,,, it will get worse so only choice is to ar and  move . I am gratefull that most of the people in sl are very loving and kind . And the snarkies i just give them spiritual hugs and send them out love so life will be better for them as well...... and pray  that they will not have to  keep up the snark emotional wall  that  good and love will be theirs and not be afraid to love and be loved ,,,,,,   hugs to all ,,,, and glad its friday ,,,, i have and will be on at all different times as a lot of real life stuff going on . love you all and hugs 

Edited by roseelvira
tired and my keypbard ,,, i know i need to get a new one
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, roseelvira said:

When i had to Im the neighbor  , if they respond with the snark, passave agressive  etc ,,, i will ar and then move ,,,,, If they have that attittude no mattter how much kindness /understanding  you send to them   ,,, it will get worse so only choice is to ar and  move .

This is why my latest decisions have been to simply AR with no conversation.  I've received a few snarky responses from folks - luckily not any that lived close to me.  If I like the location of my house, then I am not going to want to move, and thus I want to avoid the possibility of getting into it with the neighbors.  I can derender anything I don't like after ARing it.  Whereas getting into it with a neighbor could result in them intentionally rezzing stuff that fits covenant but is rezzed soley to irritate.  I prefer to not give the neighbor the satisfaction of me moving..

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is why my latest decisions have been to simply AR with no conversation.

Yeah.

I did IM someone recently and was actually glad to get no response...

While most people want community, there are enough of the "don't tread on me / sovereign citizen" types out there to make it awkward. And even when people align on goals - they may communicate very differently and find themselves in conflict a lot (which I find happens a lot on these forums with a few people who read intent radically differently than I, even though many of our aims align).

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Ok @LittleMe Jewell I have a need to know on where you found this, pretty please :D

Store is United something - second word starts with a C -- it is on the tip of my tongue but I just can't quite grab it.  When I log in this evening I'll find out, if nobody else manages to come up with it before then.

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Store is United something - second word starts with a C -- it is on the tip of my tongue but I just can't quite grab it.  When I log in this evening I'll find out, if nobody else manages to come up with it before then.

Theres United Colors which sells clothes

United InshCon sells furniture 

Is it this?  Other woods available

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/UI-Outhouse-Shabby-White-v/10735899

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.